***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if EMH rope drop crowds are still being rerouted to the FP line early on? I want to experience the full queue, but from the reports it doesn't seem like there's a specific point where they switch back over to the regular queue
According to a cast member I spoke with, they cut over to the full queue at about 1000. Was that accurate? Is it consistent? I don't know, but at least it's one bit of information.
I've decided the best way for me to see the full queue is to go in the evening and hope that they haven't begun to bypass parts of the queue. My option might be to skip the first half of the Super Bowl and do late-afternoon standby on a particularly slow day.

. I also think they could cut the pre-show in half, way to long.
I don't care for the show either but one thing to note, the show are part of your wait time. They give you something to do while waiting, not increase your wait time, if that makes sense. It's not like they are waiting on you to finish the show to load the ride, the ride before you is finishing up while you watch the show. Make the films shorter would just increase your wait time before you are loaded in to a room.

I don't care for the show either but one thing to note, the show are part of your wait time. They give you something to do while waiting, not increase your wait time, if that makes sense. It's not like they are waiting on you to finish the show to load the ride, the ride before you is finishing up while you watch the show. Make the films shorter would just increase your wait time before you are loaded in to a room.
Yep, it makes the wait more interesting. Also adds to the immersion/theming aspect.

By the show, do you mean that guy talking before you get onto the ride? I don't consider it a show, just an intro...it isn't even that long.

By the show, do you mean that guy talking before you get onto the ride? I don't consider it a show, just an intro...it isn't even that long.
I assume they are talking about the 2 part pre-show you have to go through.
The matching portion, with the guy talking and explaining the program, which they've now extended with a fake issue with the system and then the instruction portion, in the next room, before you go to the actual ride.
They are pretty long. And boring once you've seen them.
But still better than standing in the preload area doing nothing, which is where you'd be if it weren't for the show portion

This is probably a dumb question.....do the bikes actually move like a roller coaster? Or do they just sway side to side and front and back? I hate roller coasters so I'm hoping it's all 3D effects.

This is probably a dumb question.....do the bikes actually move like a roller coaster? Or do they just sway side to side and front and back? I hate roller coasters so I'm hoping it's all 3D effects.
The bikes are fixed to the floor, they don't go anywhere. The floor does have some movement but most is all simulated by what you see on the screen. But it's not 100%

The seat stays on the platform at all times. The seat vibrates and tilts ever so slightly. The 3D does a great job to make it feel like your flying. It's a great ride and a must do at Animal Kingdom. The ride is a mix of soarin's smoothness and star tours thrill. Hope this helps.

Reported and tested by several sources...

FoP FPs are available "day of" and become available in MDE at 10:37AM for afternoon FP slots. At 3:37PM each day, more FPs drop for that evening.
I have tested this and it is still happening this week. I checked 10:37 am on Monday and just did the 3:37p check today. Now if I can only remember to check on the day I will be in AK next week I may actually be able to get a FP for FoP.

I have tested this and it is still happening this week. I checked 10:37 am on Monday and just did the 3:37p check today. Now if I can only remember to check on the day I will be in AK next week I may actually be able to get a FP for FoP.
That would be great if they keep doing this! Although I wish they would release them earlier so you don't have thousands of people rope dropping/stressing since they couldn't get a FP!

Plus it gives the cast members a chance to get the rooms fully stocked with the right number of guests.

If I have two Fastpasses days in AK and I have the choice, should I book FoP twice or FoP once and Navi once? I will not do rope drop.

If I have two Fastpasses days in AK and I have the choice, should I book FoP twice or FoP once and Navi once? I will not do rope drop.

FOP generally has the longer waits. If there is a chance you will want to do it twice, then get FPs for it twice and just wait standby on NRJ.

The feeling is like riding a motorcycle, you lean in the direction you are going....it's very slight but the screen makes it feel like you are steering the banchee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter