***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're headed to AK February 12 by our current plan. We were initially staying offsite so I couldn't book early, and by the time we scored a room at POFQ it was 31 days out so we didn't gain much FP advantage that way!

Got Navi FP for late afternoon, and have been furiously refreshing for either an earlier time there or the rare chance of FOP, but no luck yet. Our group is 5 people--should I be splitting us into 2 and 3 when refreshing for better odds? We have a toddler who is too short to ride as well so technically would be eligible for rider swap if only a few of us get FP, I guess, although the plan was to get everyone booked and just ride in 2 shifts.

We're doing EMM the next day so I'm not sure we're up for rope drop that morning. And the toddler may be too exhausted for us to all survive until park close for that strategy, although if we fail at FP maybe we'll split up so at least some of us can ride that way...really hoping for FP to make life a little easier!
I'd probably keep trying for 5 but splitting can work...the trouble would be getting overlapping times. You will likely have a much better chance of finding a FP much closer to the date. The night before and day of tend to see more movement.

We're headed to AK February 12 by our current plan. We were initially staying offsite so I couldn't book early, and by the time we scored a room at POFQ it was 31 days out so we didn't gain much FP advantage that way!

Got Navi FP for late afternoon, and have been furiously refreshing for either an earlier time there or the rare chance of FOP, but no luck yet. Our group is 5 people--should I be splitting us into 2 and 3 when refreshing for better odds? We have a toddler who is too short to ride as well so technically would be eligible for rider swap if only a few of us get FP, I guess, although the plan was to get everyone booked and just ride in 2 shifts.

We're doing EMM the next day so I'm not sure we're up for rope drop that morning. And the toddler may be too exhausted for us to all survive until park close for that strategy, although if we fail at FP maybe we'll split up so at least some of us can ride that way...really hoping for FP to make life a little easier!
When I was looking for a party of 4 I originally split us into 2 and 2. I found an earlier time for fop for 2 people. Before accepting it, I went back and changed it to 4 people and was able to get it for our whole party.

Yeah, I expect I'll be spending much of the day/evening before refreshing on my phone while at Epcot! I had actually planned to wait to retry until closer to the date, then I saw several posts from people who got lucky further out and started to get obsessive about it. :) maybe I'll let it go for a few days!

It's good to know that it might not be impossible to get 5 together even at this point, though.

So I'm a little confused. It says the park ours for AK on March 2 are 9am-8pm. There used to only be one showing of ROL at 7:15 pm, but now it shows that there is one at 8:30 pm also. How can there be a ROL show at 8:30 if the park closes at 8?

So I'm a little confused. It says the park ours for AK on March 2 are 9am-8pm. There used to only be one showing of ROL at 7:15 pm, but now it shows that there is one at 8:30 pm also. How can there be a ROL show at 8:30 if the park closes at 8?
I just answered this same question from you that you posted in another thread:
When there is a closing time for parks, that does not mean everything is shut down. Rides keep going for those already in line. Dining keeps going for those already eating. Stores stay open quite awhile. People will still be in the parks for an hour or more. So shows can happen after the parks have their official closing hour.

:wizard:

I have a 8 am Tusker breakfast for Feb 15 (9 am open). I have a FP+ for FoP at 940 so that is covered. I am worried the line will be really long for navi once we leave Tusker. I had planned to have breakfast then head over to Navi around 9 but will the line already be too long (45m-hour)? I was thinking of cancelling the breakfast and just do rope drop getting there around 8:30 and going to Pandora first. Our priorities that day are EE and to see pandora and any insight/information is appreciated.

I had planned to have breakfast then head over to Navi around 9 but will the line already be too long (45m-hour)? I was thinking of cancelling the breakfast and just do rope drop getting there around 8:30 and going to Pandora first.
We just did AK a little over a week ago. Got caught up in traffic and didn't get into the park until about 9:15. Went right to Navi and it was a 20 minute wait then (posted, I actually think a bit shorter). So I really think you'd be okay as long as you don't dawdle at breakfast. if you're there by 9 you should be more than fine I would think.

I have a 8 am Tusker breakfast for Feb 15 (9 am open). I have a FP+ for FoP at 940 so that is covered. I am worried the line will be really long for navi once we leave Tusker. I had planned to have breakfast then head over to Navi around 9 but will the line already be too long (45m-hour)? I was thinking of cancelling the breakfast and just do rope drop getting there around 8:30 and going to Pandora first. Our priorities that day are EE and to see pandora and any insight/information is appreciated.
I did this exact plan in December and it was fine. We waited 10 minutes for Navi, but we were done eating and on our way to Pandora by 8:45. You will be fine and tusker house food was fantastic!!

I did this exact plan in December and it was fine. We waited 10 minutes for Navi, but we were done eating and on our way to Pandora by 8:45. You will be fine and tusker house food was fantastic!!
What did you go to after Navi? I might be doing an 8 am th and going to Navi.

What did you go to after Navi? I might be doing an 8 am th and going to Navi.
We had a 9:40 FP for FOP so we walked around pandora and took pics until 9:35 when our FP could be used. Then we headed over to EE and did single rider line and then went over by Dinoland. If you don’t have a FOP FP that soon after you could hit the safari with relatively short waits still. We had a FP so it wasn’t a priority to head back in that direction right away.

We had a 9:40 FP for FOP so we walked around pandora and took pics until 9:35 when our FP could be used. Then we headed over to EE and did single rider line and then went over by Dinoland. If you don’t have a FOP FP that soon after you could hit the safari with relatively short waits still. We had a FP so it wasn’t a priority to head back in that direction right away.
Okay thanks! I was actually thinking about doing the Safari after Navi and then ee after the Safari.

Thank you Elsaspiritanimal and Marcimi. I am so glad I posted here before cancelling! We have never done Tusker so that should be fun and my husband is a big breakfast eater!
Someone mentioned a shortcut path that is sometimes open. Is that open in the mornings?

Thank you Elsaspiritanimal and Marcimi. I am so glad I posted here before cancelling! We have never done Tusker so that should be fun and my husband is a big breakfast eater!
Someone mentioned a shortcut path that is sometimes open. Is that open in the mornings?
It is usually closed until 10:30 or so. They have a sign telling you to go the normal route. We had to take the “long” way around and it was still fine.

I'm sure this has been asked, and I apologize for the redundancy, but after 457 pages - I just can't find this exact answer. If I have a 7:50 FP for Navi River will there I EVER be able to have a FP for FOP? I have seen threads saying you can't hold FP for both attractions, but they are from back when the park opened so I'm confused about this whole "tiered" concept...

I'm sure this has been asked, and I apologize for the redundancy, but after 457 pages - I just can't find this exact answer. If I have a 7:50 FP for Navi River will there I EVER be able to have a FP for FOP? I have seen threads saying you can't hold FP for both attractions, but they are from back when the park opened so I'm confused about this whole "tiered" concept...
I think you could have FoP as a 4th FP on the day if one is available, but you can't have both as your original 3 on the same day. If you can get one, you'd be better with FoP as your fast pass

I think you could have FoP as a 4th FP on the day if one is available, but you can't have both as your original 3 on the same day. If you can get one, you'd be better with FoP as your fast pass
Yes you can get it as a 4th fast pass or try and keep modifying the Navi fast pass to get FOP instead.

Yes you can get it as a 4th fast pass or try and keep modifying the Navi fast pass to get FOP instead.

Ok, thank you! We have a FP for Everest right at opening at 9am so once that's used then I can just keep refreshing like a madwoman for the rest of the day then, I guess. There was nothing available for the day I'm going at ANY time to snag as one of my 1st 3... Today was my 30 day (I'm offsite).

Ok, thank you! We have a FP for Everest right at opening at 9am so once that's used then I can just keep refreshing like a madwoman for the rest of the day then, I guess. There was nothing available for the day I'm going at ANY time to snag as one of my 1st 3... Today was my 30 day (I'm offsite).

You have to use all three of your fast passes to get a 4th one.

You can't book a 4th until you have used your 3rd or the time has expired on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter