***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question: Does the FOP Fastpass line is the same as the regular line in terms of details and experience?

FP+ line is total bore.

PHOTO: Undercover Tourist

0617pandora-flight-of-passage-fastpass.jpg

People are always going to have subjective opinions, as that's the nature of rides, just like food. I'm an avid gamer, and have done VR and think FoP is the best ride I've ever been on in Disney or anywhere else, IMO it's everything the Harry Potter rides want to be, but aren't. It just goes to show the only way you'll know if you like it or not is to give it a go... I absolutely cannot wait to get back down there just for FoP.

People are always going to have subjective opinions, as that's the nature of rides, just like food. I'm an avid gamer, and have done VR and think FoP is the best ride I've ever been on in Disney or anywhere else, IMO it's everything the Harry Potter rides want to be, but aren't. It just goes to show the only way you'll know if you like it or not is to give it a go... I absolutely cannot wait to get back down there just for FoP.
100%! Just like how I thought I would get motion sickness for sure on FOP, and I was totally fine. Everyone should be willing to try something at least once.

See and I think the opposite about the Harry Potter rides, at least the one in the castle. I think the Forbidden Journey is the BEST simulator ride I have ever done. I like my rides more thrilling and I don't like the fact that the bike in FOP doesn't actually move from one location to another. I still liked it, but it's interesting to read opinions from different people!

Anyone ride FOP recently? We rode on March 4th and again on March 8th.
CM told us they made changes to the ride. We noticed the scenes have changed. Anyone else notice changes?

Anyone ride FOP recently? We rode on March 4th and again on March 8th.
CM told us they made changes to the ride. We noticed the scenes have changed. Anyone else notice changes?
No scenes have changed as far as I know. The only change made recently was the warning cards.

No scenes have changed as far as I know. The only change made recently was the warning cards.
Interesting. We thought it was changed slightly but i could be wrong.
There was new glasses though. They fit a bit better.

I'm going to measure him, but my 4 year old is very tall. Has anyone else been on this with a preschooler or used the child swap system? Can I ride swap with my 12 year old or do I have to bring a sitter?

I like thrill rides as well, though in the true "thrill ride" sense I prefer actual roller coasters. I rode Forbidden Journey before they tweaked it and it was one of the jerkiest rides I've ever ridden and would never ride it again... to me it felt as though the point was to try to break your neck so I never felt that I was actually flying or "in" the scene. On FoP I feel immersed in it as though I'm actually riding a Banshee, seeing the sights, smellin' the smells. lol

RE: Motion sickness on FOP? I cannot under any circumstances ride FJ at Universal (I closed my eyes after about 20 seconds and was still sick for hours). I can, however, ride Gringotts with no problem- and it is one of my favorite rides at any park. Soarin I am sort of ok on (but only once). In terms of motion sickness, which ride is it most similar?

RE: Motion sickness on FOP? I cannot under any circumstances ride FJ at Universal (I closed my eyes after about 20 seconds and was still sick for hours). I can, however, ride Gringotts with no problem- and it is one of my favorite rides at any park. Soarin I am sort of ok on (but only once). In terms of motion sickness, which ride is it most similar?

How about Star Tours? I think the easiest way to describe FoP is like a mix of ST and Soarin'. You aren't physically moving on a track as on Gringotts.

How about Star Tours? I think the easiest way to describe FoP is like a mix of ST and Soarin'. You aren't physically moving on a track as on Gringotts.
No. I have bad issues with Star Tours, had ZERO issues on FOP. It's not comparable. If they have issues with Soarin', I would probably avoid FOP.

It's comparable in that you have the glasses, and you aren't on a track, and it is a simulator that moves with the video... In short, there are different types of "motion sickness," some caused by the 3-D effects, some by 2-D images on screen, some by actual motion, within motion sickness caused by actual physical motion, some is triggered by inversions, some by side to side movement, etc... It is really hard to predict motion sickness in individual people based on the presence of motion sickness in others on any given ride.

As an example, a friend of mine gets motion sick fairly often. At Disney and Universal she did well on Gringott's, she did well on Soarin', she watched the movie at France and it triggered her sickness and she had it the rest of the day. Obviously, with her it was a visual thing triggered by the POV and the wrap around screen in France.

My advice to any ride you want to try that you are nervous about triggering motion sickness issues is to plan to ride it at an opportune time where if it does make you queasy or full on motion sick it won't ruin the rest of your day or trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter