***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are being very nit picky/serious about the warning cards being handed out. They forgot to give me one at the front of the line and at the card collection point she made me read it in front of her even though I said I’ve been on the ride several times.
Yeah, when I went on, the family in front of us didn't have cards for everyone in the party. So the CM made them go back to the FP entrance to get cards for everyone!

Today there was an Annual Passholder event for 20th anniversary Animal Kingom merchandise. I entered AK at roughly 7:10AM. I went to the merchandise area first and shopped (Black Friday crazy busy). The Animal Kingdom VP Djuan Rivers was on hand.

I got to the Pandora bridge at roughly 7:35-7:40. There were about 100ish (probably more) people already there. We were let into Pandora about 7:45-7:50. We entered the FoP standby area and went through the FP load area. I was on the ride about 8:05. Got off and headed for NRJ waited about 10 minutes and was off of that by 8:30.

I then headed to Everest and rode that with about a 5 minute wait and then headed out of AK just before 9AM.

I just returned from my third trip since Pandora opened. I finally got to try out the Satuli Canteen! I used mobile order which took a bit longer than I liked but worked well overall. I got the Cheeseburger pods and the cheesecake. I was very happy with both! The chips on the side were especially good. I would definitely get both again in a heartbeat. I so really want to try a bowl though next time.

IMG_2989JPG.jpg IMG_2990.jpg IMG_2991JPG.jpg IMG_2992JPG.jpg IMG_2994 2JPG.jpg

As for Flight of Passage I rode 5 times over the course of my trip including 3 times in a row on my first day. If you want more info on how I did that send me a PM and I will happily explain.

With that I had a few notes. I was a solo traveler this trip. Upon my first visit I didn't receive the warning card they are handing out. I believe the CM at the front thought I was part of the party in front of me. Once reaching the point where they collect the cards the CM made me stand in front of her and read the card even after I said I have been on this attraction several times. They obviously are not taking the issues lightly. I was a bit turned off by that CM interaction. My other rides were mainly FP and didn't have that issue.

The new glasses are not really new. The lens is exactly the same. The change is they put new "arms" on the glasses. You can tell because they are now black. They definitely fit better. The ride itself is still amazing and I enjoy in immensely. I love looking for new little details in the film. My favorite new one is the creature at the very end near the bottom that is spooked by "our" banshee landing and is eating something.

IMG_3103JPG.jpg

IMG_3104JPG.jpg

IMG_3105JPG.jpg

IMG_3106JPG.jpg

I just returned from my third trip since Pandora opened. I finally got to try out the Satuli Canteen! I used mobile order which took a bit longer than I liked but worked well overall. I got the Cheeseburger pods and the cheesecake. I was very happy with both! The chips on the side were especially good. I would definitely get both again in a heartbeat. I so really want to try a bowl though next time.

View attachment 311532 View attachment 311533 View attachment 311534 View attachment 311535 View attachment 311536

As for Flight of Passage I rode 5 times over the course of my trip including 3 times in a row on my first day. If you want more info on how I did that send me a PM and I will happily explain.

With that I had a few notes. I was a solo traveler this trip. Upon my first visit I didn't receive the warning card they are handing out. I believe the CM at the front thought I was part of the party in front of me. Once reaching the point where they collect the cards the CM made me stand in front of her and read the card even after I said I have been on this attraction several times. They obviously are not taking the issues lightly. I was a bit turned off by that CM interaction. My other rides were mainly FP and didn't have that issue.

The new glasses are not really new. The lens is exactly the same. The change is they put new "arms" on the glasses. You can tell because they are now black. They definitely fit better. The ride itself is still amazing and I enjoy in immensely. I love looking for new little details in the film. My favorite new one is the creature at the very end near the bottom that is spooked by "our" banshee landing and is eating something.

View attachment 311549

View attachment 311550

View attachment 311551

View attachment 311552
“All members of your party must be together throughout the entire length of the queue.” That makes me laugh. Each time I’ve waited for this tons of people have pushed their way to the front to join their party. If I’ve been in line 2 hours and I never saw you walk past me to leave the line then at that point two hours in I shouldn’t see you jumping up to the front. I would love to think Disney is cracking down on this but I know better.

Has anyone done rope drop for FoP, and had to try out the test seat first? I'm a little nervous because I'm not sure if DH would fit, and I'd hate to get there at rope drop, take a few minutes to try the test seat and then have an hour wait.

Has anyone done rope drop for FoP, and had to try out the test seat first? I'm a little nervous because I'm not sure if DH would fit, and I'd hate to get there at rope drop, take a few minutes to try the test seat and then have an hour wait.
They don't force you to try out the test seat, I don't think. I think your best bet would be to just get in line without trying the seat. If he doesn't fit when he gets on the ride, he doesn't fit.

I haven't but with the mad rush in the morning it definitely would hinder things.

Will this be your only AK day? If you happen to be in that park more than once try out the test seat one day and then come back for rope drop another day. If you have hoppers this could be done fairly easily depending on your plans.

They don't force you to try out the test seat, I don't think. I think your best bet would be to just get in line without trying the seat. If he doesn't fit when he gets on the ride, he doesn't fit.
That could be embarrassing though for the individual. I had a person next to me on this trip not fit. The CM tried and tried. The individual and the CM both were sad/upset.

That could be embarrassing though for the individual. I had a person next to me on this trip not fit. The CM tried and tried. The individual and the CM both were sad/upset.
Yeah, I mean I wouldn't do it if DH would get embarrassed by that. But I'm thinking that would be the optimal thing to do in terms of not having a longer wait time.

Will this be your only AK day? If you happen to be in that park more than once try out the test seat one day and then come back for rope drop another day. If you have hoppers this could be done fairly easily depending on your plans.
We're doing AK on our first day, and not sure if/when we'll be back later in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter