***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you wear mouse ears on FoP? I'm wondering if that might be a way to help keep the glasses on your head. In January, I used a wool head band (meant to keep ears warm), but it was literally freezing out that day, so no big deal to have winter wear. That doesn't sound as appealing in May.

ETA: I'm guessing they make you remove mouse ears while riding. But it's worth asking.

Can you wear mouse ears on FoP? I'm wondering if that might be a way to help keep the glasses on your head. In January, I used a wool head band (meant to keep ears warm), but it was literally freezing out that day, so no big deal to have winter wear. That doesn't sound as appealing in May.

ETA: I'm guessing they make you remove mouse ears while riding. But it's worth asking.
No you would have to put them on the shelf. Apparently they changed the side of the frames on the glasses sometime in February, @rteetz can verify this and they stay on better now.

No ears allowed as far as I’m aware.

Thanks Dina and Ryan. I'm not too surprised about having to remove the ears, but it's great to hear that the glasses fit better now!

Question about FOP, last time we rode it they asked for 2 extras and my friend and I did. We were excited not wait but then had the last two seats and the theatre/movie was distorted. Are there better seats and is it ok if we don't volunteer when they ask for 2?

Question about FOP, last time we rode it they asked for 2 extras and my friend and I did. We were excited not wait but then had the last two seats and the theatre/movie was distorted. Are there better seats and is it ok if we don't volunteer when they ask for 2?
I’ve usually always been placed on the ends and never noticed any distortion in this film. When they ask for two they are trying to fill an entire row and usually the ends are what needs filling. No one is forcing you to volunteer so you should have no problem not going if they ask for 2.

Are you talking about the actual ride or the pre-show movie?

Are you talking about the actual ride or the pre-show movie?

I’ve usually always been placed on the ends and never noticed any distortion in this film. When they ask for two they are trying to fill an entire row and usually the ends are what needs filling. No one is forcing you to volunteer so you should have no problem not going if they ask for 2.

the actual ride...maybe distorted is the wrong word. It was like being on the sides of Soarin and seeing the Efiel tower not straight. It was kind of disappointing because we only had one ride that vacation...

the actual ride...maybe distorted is the wrong word. It was like being on the sides of Soarin and seeing the Efiel tower not straight. It was kind of disappointing because we only had one ride that vacation...
That’s interesting. I don’t doubt you at all but in my 9 times on FoP now I haven’t noticed distortion at least nothing as bad as Soarin.

I’ve been on the end a few times and didn’t notice any distortion. I generally don’t like being in seats 1,2, 15, or 16 because you can see the other sections of the “theatre” in those seats. My personal preferred seats are 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11.

No you would have to put them on the shelf. Apparently they changed the side of the frames on the glasses sometime in February, @rteetz can verify this and they stay on better now.
They absolutely fit better now!

I don't have a seat preference but prefer upper theater (or middle) - have been on the bottom the last 4 rides now.

Ok y'all, I rode today for the first time with the new glasses. I realize the only change is the fit, not the lenses
I can't explain it but something was very different about today's ride. I can only assume it was the glasses. I've ridden at least 20 times and this was way more intense than all the others. I was so much more in the ride. It was even the first time I noticed the barrel roll when you come out of the darkness! How have I missed that? I felt all the swoops and dives more. No idea what was going on but it was really amazing. We ride again tomorrow and I'll see if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter