***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following the SWGE threads on both the Disney boards and WDWMagic. There seems to be some debate about wait times for FOP. For folks who have been recently, or are there now...what are you seeing for wait times?

I visited Pandora about 6 months after it opened and was super disappointed they didn't have pressed pennies.

I asked a cast member in Windtraders about it and he actually had the gall to tell me that there were no pressed pennies because "the Na'vi don't believe in money." He was working the line to customize your own banshee at the time, so I asked him what the Na'vi would think about him selling their precious banshees for $65 a pop.

He told me to have a magical day and turned his back to me. I thought it was hilarious.

I guess the Na'vi had a change of heart...

I visited Pandora about 6 months after it opened and was super disappointed they didn't have pressed pennies.

I asked a cast member in Windtraders about it and he actually had the gall to tell me that there were no pressed pennies because "the Na'vi don't believe in money." He was working the line to customize your own banshee at the time, so I asked him what the Na'vi would think about him selling their precious banshees for $65 a pop.

He told me to have a magical day and turned his back to me. I thought it was hilarious.

I guess the Na'vi had a change of heart...
:rotfl2:

I've been following the SWGE threads on both the Disney boards and WDWMagic. There seems to be some debate about wait times for FOP. For folks who have been recently, or are there now...what are you seeing for wait times?

I was there last week and wait times were consistently between 190-230 minutes, I'd say an average of 210 minutes. Highest I saw was 260 minutes at about 10am after AK opened for EMH at 8am that morning.

Was there this week. Agree with above. Wait times are insane. One of our group waited 4 hours then had to leave to meet our bus. He said there was about an hour left to wait had he stayed. Dd and I went 40 min before opening. The line reached to Africa and then doubled back. We ultimately waited 110 minutes. I’m wondering how early you’d need to get there to be the front of that line??

Was there this week. Agree with above. Wait times are insane. One of our group waited 4 hours then had to leave to meet our bus. He said there was about an hour left to wait had he stayed. Dd and I went 40 min before opening. The line reached to Africa and then doubled back. We ultimately waited 110 minutes. I’m wondering how early you’d need to get there to be the front of that line??

You have to be there at least an hour early. If it is a normal opening (non-EMH) then an hour and fifteen min would be better.

We managed to successfully get to the front of the line one of those days --- got on the first bus at AOA at 6:40am and got to the park at 7am for an 8am EMH. There were already a fair amount of people there but we still manged to get on the first flight of the day and were out of FOP by 8:02am. Went to Na'vi and waited about 10-15min for that. I have to thank this board for us being able to do that and to successfully mentally prepare ourselves for the running/knowing to keep holding on to each other to keep from being separated/and to be constantly but gently pushing forward during that big mass of people right before the actual queue starts. Without the information from here we would've been lost.

We managed to successfully get to the front of the line one of those days --- got on the first bus at AOA at 6:40am and got to the park at 7am for an 8am EMH. There were already a fair amount of people there but we still manged to get on the first flight of the day and were out of FOP by 8:02am.

Pretty much what I thought. I'm afraid SWGE will be even worse once the main ride opens there.

Wow...crazy! 4 hours...still. Just Wow!

got on the first bus at AOA at 6:40am
to successfully mentally prepare ourselves for the running/knowing
to keep holding on to each other
to keep from being separated/and
to be constantly but gently pushing forward during that big mass of people

No.thank.you. So much stress and anxiety and aggression. It’s sad that freaking DISNEY WORLD, a place of pixie dust and Mickey Mouse ice cream, has become a blood sport.

No.thank.you. So much stress and anxiety and aggression. It’s sad that freaking DISNEY WORLD, a place of pixie dust and Mickey Mouse ice cream, has become a blood sport.

Yeah I totally get that. But it ended up being fun for us - we'll never forget dancing to Life Is A Highway alone at the bus stop that early. And walking out of FOP to the sun coming up over Pandora was gorgeous (not the mention the actual rides lol). And those^^ icky parts only lasted a few minutes. But we don't have any small children and are able bodied so I know it's a privilege to be able to navigate that stuff just fine. I was definitely surprised to see how intense it was though, the last time I rope dropped was a few months after TSM opened in 2008 and the CM were SO strict about people not running or pushing or shoving, but loads of people were running from the Discovery Island entrance all the way to Pandora this time and they said nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter