***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with 60 days out 27th & 28th Fastpass are open now for our reservation but nothing from Pandora to chose from. Just hoping we get a heads up soon so it's not a be at your PC everyday at 7am from now on.

7DMT opened less than 30 and I believe FEA was around 30.

Last edited:
So with 60 days out 27th & 28th Fastpass are open now for our reservation but nothing from Pandora to chose from. Just hoping we get a heads up soon so it's not a be at your PC everyday at 7am from now on.

Like Hopper said, Frozen and 7DMT opened FP's 30 days out from opening day. These are the big 2 new rides since FP+ came out. So my money would be that Pandora will follow suit. And both Frozen and 7dmt had notice before FP's went live. They weren't just put up randomly.

Your best source of info will be this forum but like I said, I would plan to try to get FP's for Pandora 30 days out from the grand opening

Plan on checking a full calendar month before - April 27 - because FEA FP was available a full month (May 21st) before the June 21st opening.

I only recall this because I was in a hotel room in San Diego on May 21st and trying to stay ahead of all the FEA FP threads that were popping up! :)

With FP merged back onto TPAS, here's hoping the FP info is posted here first and perhaps a couple of individual Alert threads. :) One can hope!!

Thank you!:worship:

I have been looking for someone to post this. My 60 days is not until this Saturday.

:wizard:

Plan on checking a full calendar month before - April 27 - because FEA FP was available a full month (May 21st) before the June 21st opening.

I only recall this because I was in a hotel room in San Diego on May 21st and trying to stay ahead of all the FEA FP threads that were popping up! :)

With FP merged back onto TPAS, here's hoping the FP info is posted here first and perhaps a couple of individual Alert threads. :) One can hope!!

Funny how we remember these things. I remember 7DMT (long DS story) because we watched the Dedication Ceremony live stream on May 2, 2014 and I began checking right away for FP+. I was able to get it to come up on FP+ after midnight and was able to get FP+ for May 29, the day after it's official opening. So FP+ became an option 25 days out but I don't recall an official announcement of FP+. We took a few road trip just for the ride.

Glad to see some interesting offerings at the Satu'li Canteen. What is this mobile ordering they speak of? My only experience with online food is ordering is for the BOG quick service lunches. Is this the same sort of thing?

Hi everyone!
We are planning a trip over Memorial Day weekend to see Pandora! We plan to be there on opening day, 5/27. We have never been at an opening day event, so would anyone be able to give me an idea of what to expect?
We are staying onsite, but have a car planned for this trip. I am thinking we need to be there for rope drop, and have planned for Tusker House ADR at 10:50 to take a break.
My 15 yo DS is special needs and will be in a wheelchair, and have my DH and DD (8)
We antipcate crowds, but trying my best to be prepared. Any tips appreciated!!

Should we choose our FP rides at 60 days out and check back regularly to see if the new Pandora rides have been added then if so change our picks? Is that possible?

Hi everyone!
We are planning a trip over Memorial Day weekend to see Pandora! We plan to be there on opening day, 5/27. We have never been at an opening day event, so would anyone be able to give me an idea of what to expect?
We are staying onsite, but have a car planned for this trip. I am thinking we need to be there for rope drop, and have planned for Tusker House ADR at 10:50 to take a break.
My 15 yo DS is special needs and will be in a wheelchair, and have my DH and DD (8)
We antipcate crowds, but trying my best to be prepared. Any tips appreciated!!
Expect big crowds, like maybe Christmas type. Everyone and anyone is going to want to be there on opening day plus you'll have a lot of press and bloggers.

What is everyone's plan for these two? Which one would you fastpass and which would you try to ropedrop?

What is everyone's plan for these two? Which one would you fastpass and which would you try to ropedrop?
I think it was this thread that I read people say to fast pass the boat ride and get in line for the banshee ride. Reason being the boat ride doesn't have a height restriction and more families will be riding, where the other has a height restrictions so little kids can't ride it.

I really like Soarin but I do not like Star Tours.

Agreed. I am a Star Wars fan but I can do without Star Tours. Very nauseating. On the other hand, Soarin', being open, and a large screen, makes the ride much more enjoyable. The 3-d glasses worry me, for nausea reasons, but, I am guessing this ride will mimic Soarin' much more than Star Tours (We are riding on a Banshee and that will be much more like riding a glider than speeding through space in a star-ship. Plus Soarin's popularity is far beyond Star Tours, so I think Disney would take note of that when creating the main attraction in Pandora). Also, I'm sure there will be a couple fun drops on the banshee's back towards the ground. It might very well turn out to be Soarin' but better/more thrilling.

Last edited:

This is what I posted in another thread a couple weeks ago

For anyone only doing 1 day at AK on a trip and wanting to do both new Pandora rides, I strongly suggest FP'ing River Journey over Flight of Passage. River Journey doesn't have a height requirement so more families will be heading here if they have small ones. Flight of Passage seems like the more thrilling ride but with a height requirement of 44 inches, families with any kids under 3'6 will likely avoid this ride (unless they provide child swap).

So while both rides will have longggg waits, I can see River Journey having slightly longer ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter