Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

CottontailCurl

DIS Veteran
Hey guys, why don't we pool all of our campsite photos together and make a list of all the sites we've stayed in? I've searched the internet many times in the past for pictures of campsites at Fort Wilderness and think it would be helpful to many to get a good idea of how rigs and tents fit in certain campsites. When you post your picture don't forget to add:

loop number:
site number:
type/size of rig/tent:
ease of backing into site:
addt'l info about site:

Wish I had a picture of a site..well not one with my own trailer on it...but wanted to say what a good idea this is! I am looking forward to viewing the sites.:surfweb: This can be especially helpful to first time visitors to the camping sites(been to the cabins) like myself. Thanks.;)

fx542.jpg

Loop 500 ( preferred, pet overflow ), Site 542, '06 Fleetwood Expedition, 39', three slides and a large awning, very large site and was easy to back into, right on the curve, so I turned left and then backed straight in. Just about all the sites in this loop had big rigs. April 2007 ( that's our rental van in front, so you can see there was lots of room )

Loop: 1500
Site: # pending (last campsite on right as you exit 1500 loop, poss. 1521)
Tent size: 9 x 13
Other info: orange tree behind loop, bunny (lower left of picture) visits free of charge (baby carrots appreciated)

Site-1903.jpg
loop number: 1900

site number: 1903

type/size of rig/tent: 36' MH towing 18' trailer

ease of backing into site: not good. had to unhitch, back trailer in with Jeep, then back MH in.

addt'l info about site: Land fell away badly from pad on both sides. Hard to walk around rig, no room for yard chairs or kids to play. Couldn't extend awning. Lots of droppings from cypress trees got in our Schnauzer's hair. Every time we took her out, it took us 20 minutes to get the junk out of her hair.

100_0106-1.jpg
[/IMG]

DD making a Mickey head. This was 900 loop in March 2007. It's the last site on the left when you go all the way around the loop. It was easy to back in and pretty roomy.

This is loop 1800, site 1807 (full hook up pet loop)...

IMG_0754.jpg

35 ft motorhome. Was able to put out slide on each side and our awning. We did have to park the minivan we towed at the parking lot up front because it wouldn't fit at the site along with the golf cart. No problems backing in.

Comfort station is inbetween 1600 and 1800 loops... just down the road and around the corner. Easy walk to pet walk area.

Loop 400. I stopped keeping track of site numbers a long time ago. (I will start again!!!) But it was a bit tight. Not easy to get in , not very wide either. I remember other 'big rigs' taking a long time getting into thier sites in this loop.

WDW0107258-1.jpg

Oh my gosh...I love your trailer with the Mickey! :thumbsup2 is it painted on?. Not to mention the Mickey lamp post...great spot for it too! Mickey is as Daniel Boone..the FW logo?.

site 2063 June 2006, right across from the comfort station closest to the bus stop in 2000 loop, we had the pop-up and a 10X16 tent, very easy to back into.

P5290077-1.jpg

This is site 359. We had to park the truck in the front lot. The site next to us was very, very close -- you can see it to the right of our camper (vacant when the pic was taken). The campers next to us had their awning out and it was less than 5 ft. from our camper.

The second pic was taken from the rear of the camper standing in the vacant site. You can see how close the sites are in the rear.

2006-10-3017-01-28IMG_3521-1.jpg

2006-10-3017-03-32IMG_3525-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!