** Official** September 2020 Check-In (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. I am booked September 21 at the DLH. Is there a chance it wont be open then? Will they automatically bump us up to GC? That'd be a nice bonus.

I'd take it. But I am hopeful by then the silly mask requirement is gone. My youngsters flat out wont keep a mask on. Plus, I dont really want my kids first memory of Disneyland to be a bunch of surgical masks.
It is being reported in other threads that the DLH will be closed through the end of September. As hard as it is for everyone, and it really is hard, the safety guidelines will be in place for as long as CA, Disney, and the CM union feel that they need to keep them in place. As soon as the mask requirement is lifted, you'll see it posted on this board!

DlH is closed and not reopening until 10/1. You will have to call to be moved to GCH. I dont blame you about the mask. You might want to reschedule for a later date.
I have to agree here. I have an older kid, so she understands about the masks, and is fine with it. But I understand that for younger kids, that is definately tough and a little worrisome. If mine were younger and I felt uncomfortable with them wearing masks for a long period, I think I would probably wait as well.
Until then, we all have to just try to respect the safety of the CMs and other guests, and go as we feel the comfort of our families allows.

Welp... Disney just called me and offered me a complimentary upgrade to the GC due to my existing DLH reservation.

I told them yes. I figure I can always change my mind later.

Super excited to stay at VGC in a 1BD for the first time from 9/7-9/10!! Myself and a few girlfriends are staying for a few days :) One of the girl's dad works for DL but, I doubt we will be able to get free tickets with everything going on but hopeful to get at least one day of tickets for gate cost.

We officially canceled. Hopefully next year! Just not willing to fly and spend the money for a less than full experience. :( Hope everyone who is going has fun!

Disney's official announcement (6/24/20):
According to paragraph 2, the reopening of the parks and hotels (GCH and PPH) will be delayed until state approval is received to open.
According to paragraph 3, DTD will reopen as scheduled on July 9th.

Disney's official announcement (6/24/20):
According to paragraph 2, the reopening of the parks and hotels (GCH and PPH) will be delayed until state approval is received to open.
According to paragraph 3, DTD will reopen as scheduled on July 9th.

Oof! Totally understood but anyone else in this sept group starting to feel like it’s getting a little too close for comfort? Argh!

Feeling pretty nervous over here. Crazy how fast things change! I guess all we can do is wait and see. I imagine that the instant the governor gives the okay they’ll open based on their announcement.

I'm hoping that the resorts will at least open before September because I used some one-time DVC points for a few nights at VGC and would like to at least experience that 🥺

As badly as I want to go - even with the restrictions - I might end up changing my September dates to next April - which would be a year from my original planned trip.

I am right there with ya! Now I'm hoping for an August opening so they have time to iron out all the kinks of reopening before we get there.
I had a July 19 trip scheduled before Labor Day. I had been hoping for a late June/early July opening so they could iron out those wrinkles before my first trip back. Now I'm also hoping for an August opening for those wrinkles ...
Three Disney trips cancelled so far, here's hoping that is all of them!
I'm hoping that the resorts will at least open before September because I used some one-time DVC points for a few nights at VGC and would like to at least experience that 🥺
**Edited**
They opened the resorts before the parks in WDW, so they might open the hotels before the parks? Maybe?

We canceled. Hoping all is back to semi-normal by Sept 2021. Good luck to all those still planning on going in the next few months!

We just got the call regarding our 9/5 - 9/7 ressie at DLH and the CM offered us an upgrade to GCH at no extra charge. However I do notice that the $50 resort credit now seem to be missing on the ressie (this was a rebook from a trip in June). Is anyone else on the same boat?

I decided to cancel my trip today. The two final straws were the NY/NJ/CT governors suddenly announcing required 2 week quarantines if a person travels to a high Covid infection rate state (though CA was not on that list, yet) and reports that people to traveling Yosemite are having their hotel reservations canceled less than 24 hours before arriving with no prior notice. The risk is now too high for potentially very little reward in the trip.

Hopefully, I made someone more local very happy with the 7/3-7/7 VGC studio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!