** Official** September 2020 Check-In (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridgetz03

S.E.A. Member
I am currently in the midst of planning not only my first solo trip, but also my very first trip to Disneyland for September! I already locked in a hotel for September 10-13 at a Good Neighbors hotel.

Anyone else out there looking at September?

I am going to do my best with updating everyone's stay dates and news announcements - but please ping me if I miss something! Happy vacation planning everyone :)

8/30-9/12 SteveNZ - SpringHill Suites
9/2-9 CandyMouse - Desert Inn
9/4-7 taaren - VGC
9/4-7 cmrdgrs - VGC
9/5-12 Raech
9/6-16 anenzeder - Residence Inn Convention Center
9/8-11 Akck - Grand Californian
9/8-13 mouschievous - VGC
9/10-13 Araminta18 - Marriott
9/11-20 sherilaine - HOJO/Disneyland Hotel
9/12-19 BP Roo
9/13-17 Barshall - Grand Californian
9/13-19 Araminta18 - VGC
9/15-20 Ivcourtneyy - Grand Legacy
9/15-30 finchy3 - Grand Californian
9/17-21 GenGen22 - DLH
9/20-26 sechelt - VGC
9/22-28 czardas - VGC
9/24-28 DharmaLou
9/24-29 leeona55
9/25-10/2 Dr.Mrs.Scrooge McDuck - Grand Californian
9/26-28 Pamela M - Candy Cane Inn
9/26-28 caylene44 - Castle Inn
9/26-10/4 Karyanne
9/27-10/2 Emmaro - Disneyland Hotel
9/27-10/2 becks59 - 4 Points Sheraton
9/29-10/4 Buson808

*******************************************************************************************************************************
IMPORTANT DATES AND THREADS:
2020 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR
Labor Day Weekend -- Sept. 5-7
Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information -- no official start date yet, but we do know for sure that Halloween Time will start in Sept.!
HM will probably be down for the Halloween overlay installation until the first day of Halloween Time. Space Mt. will probably go down for the GG overlay (if they do it this year) after Labor Day and come back up for the first day of Halloween Time.
CHOC Walk Sunday is 9/13/20 -- this will be the 30th anniversary event (https://www.chocwalk.org)! Disney can change MM/EMH and opening hours because of this event, so double check if your dates fall on this weekend!

Keep Up to Date with the DLR Reopening:
DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA) (DTD 7/09/20): Post Official News and Updates Here! KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES!

DLR Update 5/05/20:
A Message about Disney Parks from Chief Medical Officer Dr. Pamela Hymel

Last edited by a moderator:
Was hoping to go in March, but that's not happening. So September is my next target month. Fingers crossed for mid-month. Hopefully it'll be me and nDH (non-Disney Husband), but it may end up being just me. I'm not super into solo visits, but I NEED to get to DL in 2020.

Already booked at Grand Californian and a Marriott - Marriott from September 10-13th, Grand Californian (rented points) from Sept 13th - 19th. It's me an DH, and my birthday is Sept 18th -- we're so excited!!

Congrats on your first trip! I hope you have a wonderful time! I'm hoping the same thing and wish to return to the resort again in September, but only time will tell at this point.

@bridgetz03 : Thank you for starting this thread! Are you going to be hosting this thread and posting the news/updates and the list of names/dates/hotels? (To see what I mean, take a look at the first posts in the April and May Check In threads.)

We're booked at VGC on rented points Sept 8-13. It's Mom, Dad, H and me in a 2BR too celebrate Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary.

@bridgetz03 : Thank you for starting this thread! Are you going to be hosting this thread and posting the news/updates and the list of names/dates/hotels? (To see what I mean, take a look at the first posts in the April and May Check In threads.)

Sure! I will do my best at updating with stay dates and news :)

Sure! I will do my best at updating with stay dates and news :)
Great! I can give you some information for your first post that we already have for September:
2020 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR
Labor Day Weekend -- Sept. 5-7
Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information -- no official start date yet, but we do know for sure that Halloween Time will start in Sept.!
HM will probably be down for the Halloween overlay installation until the first day of Halloween Time. Space Mt. will probably go down for the GG overlay (if they do it this year) after Labor Day and come back up for the first day of Halloween Time.
CHOC Walk Sunday is 9/13/20 -- this will be the 30th anniversary event (https://www.chocwalk.org)! Disney can change MM/EMH and opening hours because of this event, so double check if your dates fall on this weekend!

So excited to go in September. We are staying at the 4 Points Sheraton (yay for Marriott points!) from Sept 27-Oct 2. It’s going to be me, dh, 4 kids and my mom. My dh has been to DL during Halloween time with his family when he was younger. But for the rest of us it is a first during Halloween time. We aren’t planning to do a party, but I’m so excited to see all the decorations and such.

Last time we were at Disney was June 2018 and there have been a lot of changes since then. Can’t wait to see and experience all those changes.

I keep hearing how busy Halloween time is though. So just a little nervous about that.

My dh has been to DL during Halloween time with his family when he was younger. But for the rest of us it is a first during Halloween time. We aren’t planning to do a party, but I’m so excited to see all the decorations and such.

I am really excited to hopefully see the Halloween decorations too if they are up early September. I've been at WDW a few times in the fall, but eager for a change up.

My family and I (husband and 2 kids aged 17 and 11) are coming from New Zealand in September the 24-29, we have been twice before......truely magical! Cant wait to see the new Star Wars land!

Trying to do some 'planning. Sept is going to be a 'squeeze' for those of us who are sort of trying to avoid crowds yet are hoping that HM will have reopened from the overlay closure.

Labor Day Sept 6 Monday.
The CHOC walk anniversary 13th Sunday.
Based on 2019, I'm speculating that the Halloween parties will start 15th Tuesday.

After the parties start it'll be "Nelly bar the door" for crowds.

Sept is going to be a 'squeeze' for those of us who are sort of trying to avoid crowds yet are hoping that HM will have reopened from the overlay closure.

This is one of my main concerns about visiting DLR for the first time. I would love to see HM and keeping my fingers crossed it'll be open after Labor Day WE depending on when the parties are!

We are coming from Australia - me, husband, three boys 14, 9 and 7. The last time we all came was 2014, although husband and I have been twice since then. Our youngest was only 11 months old last time so he is super excited to see all the things that he only knows from the photos lol We've been watching lots of You Tube videos, which kinda takes the magic away but the two youngest have sensory needs so I need them to be familiar with the rides, and know what to expect to minimise any freaking out.

We are staying at the Residence Inn Convention Centre and are only coming for a week - arrive 6 September and leave 16 September. We've got 5 day one park passes with MP and we are going to spend the weekend in LA (science centre, La Brea Tar Pits Saturday and Dodgers on Sunday).

I think we will miss the bigger crowds of late September, but the trade off is we will miss the start of Halloween decorations, which is a bit sad.

192 days to go!!!

This is one of my main concerns about visiting DLR for the first time. I would love to see HM and keeping my fingers crossed it'll be open after Labor Day WE depending on when the parties are!

I'm just going by my own recollection, but I seem to remember that HMH opens around the 2nd Friday in Sept, which would be the 11th. The last time I was there in Sept, it opened on the 14th (2nd Friday) and we were there the following week and the parties started the week after (week of the 23rd). They've started offering the parties earlier nowadays, so I think the 11th is a good guess. At any rate, I can't imagine it'll be any later than the 11th.

I'm just going by my own recollection, but I seem to remember that HMH opens around the 2nd Friday in Sept, which would be the 11th. The last time I was there in Sept, it opened on the 14th (2nd Friday) and we were there the following week and the parties started the week after (week of the 23rd). They've started offering the parties earlier nowadays, so I think the 11th is a good guess. At any rate, I can't imagine it'll be any later than the 11th.

This gives me so much hope! Thank you! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!