***Official September 2020 Thread***

OK - I set up a group for us. I was hoping I could set up questions so we could really link it to members from this group but for some reason it never gave me that option. So, I will need some people to help admin it so we can try to keep it as fun and safe as we can.

Last edited:
We'll be there 25th August to 8th September staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. We're 2 adults, 4 kids. I took the oldest 2 kids for the first time last month and had an amazing time so we booked for all of us to go back as soon as possible!

OK - I set up a group for us. I was hoping I could set up questions so we could really link it to members from this group but for some reason it never gave me that option. So, I will need some people to help admin it so we can try to keep it as fun and safe as we can. I posted over there asking for volunteers so comment on that if you want to help out! Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/675673569508805/

That's interesting it wouldn't let you set up questions. Hmmmmmm. I might be interested in being an admin. Let me look at it. I'd also like to know what exactly you'll be expecting out of an admin. We should probably have a plan. Let me join the group and then you can instant message me if you'd like. I'll do that tonight.

That's interesting it wouldn't let you set up questions. Hmmmmmm. I might be interested in being an admin. Let me look at it. I'd also like to know what exactly you'll be expecting out of an admin. We should probably have a plan. Let me join the group and then you can instant message me if you'd like. I'll do that tonight.
Sounds good! Just in the beginning stages so the only thing really that is done is starting it up. I did read that it was only a test thing on the questions so not every group gets that option. Find that kind of strange because every other one I have started has had that option. If someone else can set one up with them I can always close mine down - no big deal as there isn't anything really there yet and I am not attached to it :). Just think it would be fun to have one going.

I did remove the link above in my post so we can have a chance to get this one set up or another one first before adding too many people.

Last edited:
Sounds good! Just in the beginning stages so the only thing really that is done is starting it up. I did read that it was only a test thing on the questions so not every group gets that option. Find that kind of strange because every other one I have started has had that option. If someone else can set one up with them I can always close mine down - no big deal as there isn't anything really there yet and I am not attached to it :). Just think it would be fun to have one going.

I did remove the link above in my post so we can have a chance to get this one set up or another one first before adding too many people.

I'll look into it tonight and post an update here.

Yaaaaay! I've been waiting for a September thread :) we'll be down for our honeymoon 9/20-27. We want to rent points and have our request in, but we don't know if we're staying at BWV, AKV, or riviera(doubtful), until next month. If we can't get any of those, Pop it is :hippie:

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! Here's a fun fact (I'll be giving my age away with this): my first wife and I went to WDW on our honeymoon! The difference is they were still building Epcot. LOL We went in July of '82 and Epcot opened in October of '82. I can still remember seeing the Eiffel Tower off in the distance. Things were very different then...and a lot less expensive!

SO excited! Just booked our Sept 2020 trip. Staying Sept 20 through Sept 27 and staying at Pop Century!

I too would join a facebook group. Sounds like a great idea!

To anyone that's interested, Mrs Grumpy has created a Facebook page for this group. She'll place the link at the front of this thread but here's the link for anyone that's interested in the meantime:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/675673569508805/

I haven't decided between August or September yet- it depends when my daughter "lets" me take the kids, out of school vs not. So can I still be a part of the Sept group? (I really would rather take them out of school and do it in Sept!).

it also depends on a bounceback offer, as I'm going in January.

I haven't decided between August or September yet- it depends when my daughter "lets" me take the kids, out of school vs not. So can I still be a part of the Sept group? (I really would rather take them out of school and do it in Sept!).

Absolutely not! :rotfl2: :welcome:

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! Here's a fun fact (I'll be giving my age away with this): my first wife and I went to WDW on our honeymoon! The difference is they were still building Epcot. LOL We went in July of '82 and Epcot opened in October of '82. I can still remember seeing the Eiffel Tower off in the distance. Things were very different then...and a lot less expensive!

Thank you!!! That was also the year of my first trip lol I remember being terrified to ride Big Thunder, my dad made me and I hated it (I love them now though)...all these years later and I still bring it up on occasion, much to his dismay ;) :) I have the decorative plate that I got for my grandmother on that trip hanging in my kitchen, she gave it to me when I got a house and i'll give it to DD12 when she gets hers.

Thank you!!! That was also the year of my first trip lol I remember being terrified to ride Big Thunder, my dad made me and I hated it (I love them now though)...all these years later and I still bring it up on occasion, much to his dismay ;) :) I have the decorative plate that I got for my grandmother on that trip hanging in my kitchen, she gave it to me when I got a house and i'll give it to DD12 when she gets hers.

I love that! How funny that our first trips to WDW were the same year! A couple of years ago my mom gave me a silhouette cut out of my sister and I that was done at Disneyland from when I was, I dunno, 8 or 9? So that would be 1970ish. It's in one of those thick paper oval "frames" with the Disneyland logo around it. She also gave me the attraction coupon book (anyone here old enough to remember those?) from that visit. I don't know where Mom kept them but they're in mint condition, like she just got them yesterday. I had them framed together (at Hobby Lobby, of course! Shameless plug). I showed my mom. I thought she was going to cry. It's hanging in my office. The woman at the store ooo'd and ahhhh'd at it when it was finished. She said, "I just had to take a picture of this and send it to my daughter. She loves Disney! I hope you don't mind." LOL BTW, the coupon book cost, I think, $3.95 or something like that. You can't even get a bottle of water for that now!

Last edited:
We decided to stick with Port Orleans, it is so difficult to find trip insurance that covers DVC rentals. I don't want to risk being out that money in the event of a hurricane. But, we love Port Orleans so it's completely okay!

just booked AKL through dvc-rental.com for our Sept trip next year....third time using them...they offer insurance for your trip :) Just for next time if you're thinking of going DVC.

......but what do you think about Epcot? I know Spaceship Earth will likely be closed but I wonder what the general state of the park will be in just under a year.

DH & I love Epcot, and we tend to hop over there repeatedly during our trips; but we've set our expectations for it to be a hot mess this time around, LOL. We figure we'll mostly stick to World Showcase and enjoying Food & Wine and simply tell ourselves to wait until our *next* trip after this one to enjoy the New Epcot. :) Spaceship Earth is DH's all time favorite attraction at all of WDW, so I felt bad for him, but we're not really the type to set our trip's success on certain rides, so he took the news of its closure just fine, and he's excited to ride it on the next trip after this one. :)

For us, this was part of why we opted for Pop. Our budget for this trip couldn't stretch to an Epcot resort and still keep the length and party that we wanted, so Pop gives us the ability to keep going in and out of International Gateway via the Skyliner and bypassing a lot of the construction in the soon to be former Future World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter