***Official September 2020 Thread***

We are leaving today. our trip was good. Not great. I had my hopes up for walk on rides, low crowds, and fall weather.

we did have great weather these last 3 days. We got boarding groups for both of our HS days.

We are at CCV in a great studio-3115.

we had a great day on 9/30. cool weather all day and no rain. We enjoyed MK all day and we visited the Poly and GF. Nice little afternoon stroll and then we shut down MK.

buses were not good in the mornings, so we took Lyft XL most days except to MK - took the boat.

disney Springs was crowded every night but I didnt mind that.

Do not expect low crowds and expect to wait for rides. If you want to rides minnies runaway don’t it first thing-drive or take ride share because if you take a bus you will be behind the pack. Be at the parks at least 30 minutes before they open.

buses were not good in the mornings, so we took Lyft XL most days except to MK - took the boat.
Do not expect low crowds and expect to wait for rides. If you want to rides minnies runaway don’t it first thing-drive or take ride share because if you take a bus you will be behind the pack. Be at the parks at least 30 minutes before they open.
Safe travels home! We returned from CCV on Sunday :love: I was thrilled to be back at my favorite resort and we enjoyed Geyser Point and the Boulder Ridge pool. Now if they'd just reopen Territory Lounge..............We actually head really good bus service all around when we used them but did use the boat most times to get to and from MK.

Crowds are absolutely higher than in July when we went but I still think they are great! Even if a line said 45 - or in one case 70- we never waited more than 25 minute and the best part is, without FP the standby lines actually keep moving. HS is definitely the exception due to the whole BG process and guests wanting to get on MMRR which we didn't do this time because we aren't fans. But wait times do creep up faster there. We are also big Lyft people when in Disney but find that right now, it's much better to do buses when going to/from DS and also HS depending on your resort. We will be back in November and I know crowds will be even higher but still looking forward to it!

We returned yesterday. We spent a week in a one bedroom at BWV - Boardwalk view on the 4th floor. It wasn't the best vacation ever but we had a good time - of course our expectations were somewhat tempered based on the current environment. The weather wasn't great, too hot and too wet but we have no control over that. The crowds were heavy and the lines were long. If you are planning a trip to WDW right now with the expectations that low crowds and walk on rides will make up for mask wearing and limited experiences you are going to be very disappointed. At first blush the lines were frankly alarming as they snaked out of the queues and way into the park. The 7DMR line snaked all the way around to Little Mermaid. The Splash Mountain ride snaked all the way to Pecos Bill. That said the lines did move quickly once we were in them and the published wait times were "mostly" exaggerated. 7DWM was posted at 75 minutes - we were on the ride in 45 minutes. Pirates was posted at 65 minutes. We were on the ride in 25.

The busses were much better than I expected. We gave up on driving the rental car to the park after the first day and used the busses instead. If the first bus was full a second bus came very quickly.

Mask use was mostly good but social distancing was often difficult with such heavy crowds. We expected we would get used to wearing masks during our trip. We may just be too old but we never did get used to them. Ripping our masks off in a restaurant or at the end of the day felt so so good.

Without park hopping we spent most of our evenings in Disney Springs. We took the opportunity to eat at several new - to us - restaurants. That was a lot of fun and the non-Disney restaurants were well staffed and amazing.

Covid-19 won't keep us out of Florida but the experience is definitely different. All in all we had a good time - looking forward to our next trip.

We returned yesterday. We spent a week in a one bedroom at BWV - Boardwalk view on the 4th floor. It wasn't the best vacation ever but we had a good time - of course our expectations were somewhat tempered based on the current environment. The weather wasn't great, too hot and too wet but we have no control over that. The crowds were heavy and the lines were long. If you are planning a trip to WDW right now with the expectations that low crowds and walk on rides will make up for mask wearing and limited experiences you are going to be very disappointed. At first blush the lines were frankly alarming as they snaked out of the queues and way into the park. The 7DMR line snaked all the way around to Little Mermaid. The Splash Mountain ride snaked all the way to Pecos Bill. That said the lines did move quickly once we were in them and the published wait times were "mostly" exaggerated. 7DWM was posted at 75 minutes - we were on the ride in 45 minutes. Pirates was posted at 65 minutes. We were on the ride in 25.

The busses were much better than I expected. We gave up on driving the rental car to the park after the first day and used the busses instead. If the first bus was full a second bus came very quickly.

Mask use was mostly good but social distancing was often difficult with such heavy crowds. We expected we would get used to wearing masks during our trip. We may just be too old but we never did get used to them. Ripping our masks off in a restaurant or at the end of the day felt so so good.

Without park hopping we spent most of our evenings in Disney Springs. We took the opportunity to eat at several new - to us - restaurants. That was a lot of fun and the non-Disney restaurants were well staffed and amazing.

Covid-19 won't keep us out of Florida but the experience is definitely different. All in all we had a good time - looking forward to our next trip.
Thank you for posting. The more I read, the more I think I made the right choice of canceling my trip. I was thinking low waits and no crowds to offset the limited experience. I hope you get to go again when things get better!

Good morning! I hope all of you have fabulous Sept. trips! We went to WDW Sept. 13-20, and work has been super hectic since my return, so I'm just now getting on the DisBoards again!

I have started a trip report mainly to share our experiences with things since the WDW re-opening., and the things that were new to us. If anyone would like to read along or has any questions feel free to check it out. It's titled "Retirement Means I'm Going to Disney! The COVID Edition."

https://www.disboards.com/threads/retirement-means-im-going-to-disney-the-covid-edition.3815436/

we had a wonderful Sept trip! We did move from poly to ccv after 2 nights cause we hated poly but otherwise our park time our dining and ccv was amazing. We didnt refret going during this time when things were limited/different/ or some thing closed. Thanks for the memories Sept 2020!!! Countdown to April 2021, spring still will always be our fav time in WDW! see ya real soon😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!