***Official September 2020 Thread***

I think I joined the FB group. Hopefully it is this one - asked 2 basic questions, right? For some reason my phone was freezing when I followed the link so I just used the search to find it.

I think I joined the FB group. Hopefully it is this one - asked 2 basic questions, right? For some reason my phone was freezing when I followed the link so I just used the search to find it.

I am not seeing you in there - Just one question and that is asking you to provide your Dis name. Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/675673569508805/ so see if this works. Would love to have you join us!

Last edited:

Nope, definitely not in our Facebook group. Like Mrs Grumpy said, it only asks one simple question. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Let me ask this: is anybody in here using a "bounce back" offer to go in September?

So how does that work? Do you have, like, an envelope waiting in your room or something? I know - at least I think I know - you have to make the reservation before you check out, is that correct? I'm guessing everybody doesn't get this offer. I know I never have...unless my envelope slipped under the bed or something and I didn't see it.

So how does that work? Do you have, like, an envelope waiting in your room or something? I know - at least I think I know - you have to make the reservation before you check out, is that correct? I'm guessing everybody doesn't get this offer. I know I never have...unless my envelope slipped under the bed or something and I didn't see it.

You don't need to have something in your room. You just need to call X8844 from your room or 407-939-1923.
Yes, it has to be done while you are there or at least by the end of your check out day.

This is a good thread to follow: https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...eback-for-2020-dates-read-first-post.3680214/

Last edited:
You don't need to have something in your room. You just need to call X8844 from your room or 407-939-1923.
Yes, it has to be done while you are there or at least by the end of your check out day.

This is a good thread to follow: https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...eback-for-2020-dates-read-first-post.3680214/

Interesting. Do you get a big discount for that?

Edit: Okay, I see the BB offer for 2020 was for free dining. So, let's say they come out with room discounts between now and then. Can you still apply those to this offer?

Edit #2: Never mind, I got my answer on that thread. LOL I guess you can't combine it if another discount comes down the pike. You have to choose between one or the other. Interesting.

Last edited:
Interesting. Do you get a big discount for that?

Edit: Okay, I see the BB offer for 2020 was for free dining. So, let's say they come out with room discounts between now and then. Can you still apply those to this offer?

Edit #2: Never mind, I got my answer on that thread. LOL I guess you can't combine it if another discount comes down the pike. You have to choose between one or the other. Interesting.

Yes, we did get the free dining. This was our first year of doing a bounceback. Normally we go every other year.

DH & I love Epcot, and we tend to hop over there repeatedly during our trips; but we've set our expectations for it to be a hot mess this time around, LOL. We figure we'll mostly stick to World Showcase and enjoying Food & Wine and simply tell ourselves to wait until our *next* trip after this one to enjoy the New Epcot. :) Spaceship Earth is DH's all time favorite attraction at all of WDW, so I felt bad for him, but we're not really the type to set our trip's success on certain rides, so he took the news of its closure just fine, and he's excited to ride it on the next trip after this one. :)

For us, this was part of why we opted for Pop. Our budget for this trip couldn't stretch to an Epcot resort and still keep the length and party that we wanted, so Pop gives us the ability to keep going in and out of International Gateway via the Skyliner and bypassing a lot of the construction in the soon to be former Future World.

I’ve decided the same thing in terms of our time at Epcot, enjoy food and wine this time around! We have never really explored world showcase so it will be nice to finally do that!

We've never liked Epcot (don't crucify me!). We're not foodies and we're not drinkers, so the food & wine thing holds no interest. It's been outdated for years, which is funny because Walt built it as a showcase for the future (Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow). We liked Test Track and Soarin' until they updated it and screwed it up. I thought Mission: Space was going to be cool until I almost puked on it after it had been open for a few months. :crazy2: We rode the non-motion side last time and it suuuuucked. The different architecture is neat, I'll give it that. With all of that said, I am looking forward to seeing the new nighttime show, though. But that's probably about the only reason we'll go over there.

HI there,

We will be there 25/08- 11/09 and have noticed that things are a lot more expensive than in previous years.

Do you think things will get cheaper ie: car hire, domestic flights to MCO etc, or should we brace ourselves for sticker shock.

I know the food in the parks has gone up, as has the DVC AP's, and you cant buy a decent t-shirt under $30, but I don't think I was expecting things to go up in price so steeply and so quickly.

What things do you do to try to keep costs down?

Our exchange rate (0.65 cents to your dollar) is not helping as well.

This Disney addiction is costing us a fortune :)

HI there,

We will be there 25/08- 11/09 and have noticed that things are a lot more expensive than in previous years.

Do you think things will get cheaper ie: car hire, domestic flights to MCO etc, or should we brace ourselves for sticker shock.

I know the food in the parks has gone up, as has the DVC AP's, and you cant buy a decent t-shirt under $30, but I don't think I was expecting things to go up in price so steeply and so quickly.

What things do you do to try to keep costs down?

Our exchange rate (0.65 cents to your dollar) is not helping as well.

This Disney addiction is costing us a fortune :)

:welcome:

Unfortunately, I don't see any of those things you mentioned going down. Hopefully I'm wrong. My advice is brace yourself.

Keep costs down? First of all, have you checked out the Budget Board here on the Dis boards? They're always chattering about stuff. Most of the stuff they talk about is too damn much work for my taste. LOL But they do talk about when and where to get discounted Disney gift cards when they find them, which I think is helpful. I don't know how much faith you put in such things, but US News says the best day to purchase your airfare is on Tuesday (they even go so far as to say 3 pm EST), fly on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday, and purchase your tickets 7 weeks in advance. Bring snacks and such to your room.

When you say "car hire", are you talking about a service to pick you up at the airport, or are you talking about renting a car to use during your visit? I was going to have a limo service pick me up at the airport (I'm flying into Sanford/Orlando). Shoot, it was cheaper to rent a car for my stay, so that's what I'm doing.

I'm sure some of the pros on here have more suggestions.

Is anyone else starting to work on some touring plans? I'm looking for some fun little hidden gems that we may not know about, especially things for my youngest. She will be 5 next years trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter