**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Hi all,

My first full day for my Dec trip will be on the 16th, which will now be SW Galactic nights - a closed party from 7pm - 12am in HS.

For anyone who has done this event in the past, is it worth the $130 per person price tag?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
this is the same response I gave someone else asking the same question a couple of pages back:
To start this post will probably be of no help :) I don't do "is it worth it" because it's so dependent on each person
I did the GN party during SW Celebration. I am a local and an APholder so I was there just for the GN exclusive things and not any of the rides, other than RnRC with SW music
This year they have announced the talk with Imagineers about SWLand and that is something that to me is very interesting.
The motorcade at the start of GN during Celebration was not announced and they could do something like that, maybe not with celebrities but with characters?
The droid builders brought a lot of droids to the Animation Courtyard, not only R2D2 units but other astromechs so it was a fun photo op.
The Photo backdrops were really cool and they had them scattered around the park, the SW atmosphere with music pumping, fans in costumes or cosplaying was great.
The party is non refundable and non transferable.
With your party ticket you can enter DHS at 5pm

this is the same response I gave someone else asking the same question a couple of pages back:
To start this post will probably be of no help :) I don't do "is it worth it" because it's so dependent on each person
I did the GN party during SW Celebration. I am a local and an APholder so I was there just for the GN exclusive things and not any of the rides, other than RnRC with SW music
This year they have announced the talk with Imagineers about SWLand and that is something that to me is very interesting.
The motorcade at the start of GN during Celebration was not announced and they could do something like that, maybe not with celebrities but with characters?
The droid builders brought a lot of droids to the Animation Courtyard, not only R2D2 units but other astromechs so it was a fun photo op.
The Photo backdrops were really cool and they had them scattered around the park, the SW atmosphere with music pumping, fans in costumes or cosplaying was great.

Thanks! Were there a lot of people there that you can recall? I'm an AP holder too so i do get down a lot, I'm just worried about it being a super expensive party (already going to a MVMPC that week) and having it be so overcrowded that we can't do much.

Thanks! Were there a lot of people there that you can recall? I'm an AP holder too so i do get down a lot, I'm just worried about it being a super expensive party (already going to a MVMPC that week) and having it be so overcrowded that we can't do much.
it was not crowded at all. I didn't do any rides other than RnRC and that was basically a walk on. Got my favorite spot for SWaGS 15 minutes before the show

I think you just made our decision harder lol. We had decided not to go and now I'm questioning that decision! :) Especially if RNRC would actually be open. Decisions, decisions...

I think you just made our decision harder lol. We had decided not to go and now I'm questioning that decision! :) Especially if RNRC would actually be open. Decisions, decisions...
I did say it wouldn't be helpful ;)
If you can stretch your budget and it won't affect you that much I say go for it, with these types of events you cannot put a set price on each thing they offer, it's more of a general atmosphere, there's nothing like being a SW fan surrounded by SW fans, and music, and characters....
If you are going to have to sacrifice other things for the party that are important to you and your family then I wouldn't do it.
Again, I know, not helpful
For me personally, today, in this moment, I don't think I'm going. The only thing different seems to be the talk with Imagineers about SW Galaxy's Edge and I'm sure someone will record it and put it on youtube...but if for some reason I come upon some extra money this will be where it is going

I did say it wouldn't be helpful ;)
If you can stretch your budget and it won't affect you that much I say go for it, with these types of events you cannot put a set price on each thing they offer, it's more of a general atmosphere, there's nothing like being a SW fan surrounded by SW fans, and music, and characters....
If you are going to have to sacrifice other things for the party that are important to you and your family then I wouldn't do it.
Again, I know, not helpful
For me personally, today, in this moment, I don't think I'm going. The only thing different seems to be the talk with Imagineers about SW Galaxy's Edge and I'm sure someone will record it and put it on youtube...but if for some reason I come upon some extra money this will be where it is going

Yeah we'd kind of thought about doing the dessert party for the SW fireworks that are the night before (the other nights are JBJB) and also for the HEA plaza viewing which comes to around the same cost as the evening at DHS. But if we did the evening at DHS, we wouldn't really need to go there another day during our trip which would also give us some additional down time that is a bit lacking in our current plans and technically could fit the HEA Fireworks in on another day instead, just without the dessert party.

There's definitely a huge appeal to experiencing something that's not really offered very often.

Yeah we'd kind of thought about doing the dessert party for the SW fireworks that are the night before (the other nights are JBJB) and also for the HEA plaza viewing which comes to around the same cost as the evening at DHS. But if we did the evening at DHS, we wouldn't really need to go there another day during our trip which would also give us some additional down time that is a bit lacking in our current plans and technically could fit the HEA Fireworks in on another day instead, just without the dessert party.

There's definitely a huge appeal to experiencing something that's not really offered very often.

Thats my problem too, the addition of this screws around my plans for other days. I planned my HS day to be the day after this event with a F! dinner package. Because i am seeing F! that day, i planned an evening to come back to see JBJB (never seen). Now with this, adding a third HS day just seems like a lot of park hopping i don't want to do. My saturday had originally been a full MK day and the only evening i had to see the regular fireworks shows. Man these last minute additions, in a new system designed to make you plan so far in advance, really mess people up ! ... too many first world problems

The new additions/changes to JT sound amazing!!! Since DS did this last year, he will be even more excited to do it again this year. Last year he got to use the force against KR, but the light saber duel would be awesome!!!

The stage on center stage is gone.
It's baaaack.
I'm assuming the seating mentioned in a previous post are the benches outside the food area that are part of the Launch Bay. While they're better than nothing, they're very limited and not really conducive to sitting and eating at the tables.
Within the the past couple of weeks there was a guest incident regarding the benches mentioned above. As a result the benches are no longer there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!