**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Said to my husband, who is not much for the planning side of Disney, "there is a cool nighttime Star Wars show now and you can go to a pre-party with star wars themed desserts & munchies, Stormtroopers and even flash frozen Nutella, doesn't that sound like fun??" He said "yes" and didn't ask any questions....I am totally rolling with that!
And you didn't even mention the adult beverages. You can save that if he starts to waiver about doing it.

Quick question: what happens if it rains? As of now, next Wednesday is looking like we're gonna get rain. At the very least, it's gonna sprinkle.

The party is intended to be a mix and mingle party and Guests are encouraged to grab some food, drinks, explore the Launch Bay, return and repeat.

I didn't know I was supposed to do that, but I'm glad because that's what I did :)
We went on 12/20, and it didn't feel too crowded. The food was OK, the drinks were better. Everyone was truly nice and I liked the view from the designated area. Good value for money? I can't really say. But we enjoyed it, and not having to camp in advance to see the show during the holidays season was really great.

As expected, the souvenir Star Wars novelty given out at the party was changed this week from the BB8 Sipper to the Captain Phasma stein. It's very cool, I need one.

enhance

Aww my DS was tickled to get the BB8 sipper. I hope he doesn't see that new stein. We'd have to figure out how to make a Spring trip, and hope to enjoy another party.

We did this party, the Jingle one, and the MK one. Kids (teen and adult) rated the Jingle one the best food. All the shows they were like meh, but DS was happy to see so much SW stuff.

Thanks for all the updates Yulilin and Fastpasser.

As expected, the souvenir Star Wars novelty given out at the party was changed this week from the BB8 Sipper to the Captain Phasma stein. It's very cool, I need one.

enhance

Fingers crossed this stays! We are going 1/31 and my son loves Captain Phasma (he's actually going to dress as her for the party).

Aww my DS was tickled to get the BB8 sipper. I hope he doesn't see that new stein. We'd have to figure out how to make a Spring trip, and hope to enjoy another party.
Availability at WDW is supposedly exclusive to the party. They debuted recently at DL and of course you can find them being sold online by third party companies.
Fingers crossed this stays! We are going 1/31
Uncross those fingers, it's staying for a while. Maybe I'll see you there on the 31st.

So where in the studios are the SW character meets ? Do I have my story straight that there is an exclusive Chase meet somewhere ? #onewiththeforce

enhance
Am I the only one who would MUCH PREFER something easily PACKABLE for these parties? Hard to pack 4-6 steins.

This is why I really appreciated the ornament for JBJB. DD and I each got one and hung both on the tree. :)

Am I the only one who would MUCH PREFER something easily PACKABLE
I'm sure you're not the only one, but for SW fans the different gifts are a must have addition to their SW memorabilia collection.
Hard to pack 4-6 steins.
They're not overly large. You certainly wouldn't have liked the huge TIE Fighters.
This is why I really appreciated the ornament for JBJB.
I handed out a couple thousand JBJB tree ornaments, maybe even yours, but the steins have a coolness factor and can be used or displayed year round.

So where in the studios are the SW character meets ? Do I have my story straight that there is an exclusive Chase meet somewhere ? #onewiththeforce
SW characters meet inside Launch Bay former house of Disney Animation in the Animation courtyard. BB8, Chewbacca and Kylo meet all day long from park opening to closing including EMH, the Chase meet is with Kylo from 11am to 4pm (if they haven't changed the times)

I'm sure you're not the only one, but for SW fans the different gifts are a must have addition to their SW memorabilia collection.
They're not overly large. You certainly wouldn't have liked the huge TIE Fighters.
I handed out a couple thousand JBJB tree ornaments, maybe even yours, but the steins have a coolness factor and can be used or displayed year round.
I AM a big SW fan. :)

We have (had) 6 Chewie steins.

There’s still a limit to how many of these things one can pack and display, no matter how cool looking.

An ornament isn’t the only option, of course. It worked well for the Christmas theme.

It could be something COOL that can still be DISPLAYED that is a reasonable size. :thumbsup2

Are there any changes to the food offerings lately? I have reservations next Friday for the dessert party. Just trying to decide how hungry I should be when I get there.
Any recent experiences in regards to food are appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter