**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Thanks all, this is super helpful. I'll stick with the party as it will be nice to enjoy some snacks and drinks. I'll stand back and left in the viewing area

we currently have the dessert party booked for 5/19. me, dh, dd11, ds9, dd6. all huge star wars fans. this is our only chance to see the SW fireworks. I baked the party to secure a viewing spot AND to enjoy the SW themed snacks etc before the show.
do they still give you a chewbacca mug too?
is it not worth it
because the view isn't good or is it good enough? this is the kids' only chance to see the SWGS - we probably won't be back for a few years.
finally, can you easily meet the launch bay characters during the dessert party? my kids want to meet chewbacca and i am hoping we can knock out two birds with one stone
thanks!

do they still give you a chewbacca mug too?
or is it good enough?
can you easily meet the launch bay characters during the dessert party? my kids want to meet chewbacca
No, it's now a very cool looking Captain Phasma stein.
The view is good enough, just not the best.
M&Gs are open to all guests, not just party guests, so there will be some waits. The wait time will vary during the party and depending on the character, but you won't have a problem meeting Chewy.

enhance

No, it's now a very cool looking Captain Phasma stein.
The view is good enough, just not the best.
M&Gs are open to all guests, not just party guests, so there will be some waits. The wait time will vary during the party and depending on the character, but you won't have a problem meeting Chewy.

enhance
Thank you! That is cool!

June dates for the Galactic dessert Party have been added though you can't make the reservation yet.

I have a few questions about the upcoming Galactic Nights event in May:

1. If anyone went to the previous two events, was there anything different between the one in May and the one in December other than the new material from "The Last Jedi" movie? Were the experiences basically the same?
If they were different, how were they different?

2. I see that there is a Galactic Tasting and Viewing package available for Star Wars themed treats and a special viewing section to one of the panel discussions. We have family of 3. Would it be possible to purchase one of these packages and split up the 5 snacks and let one of our party use the preferred seating option? I would like to try some of the snacks but 5 is little bit much. I am not trying to break any Disney rules, but I can't see paying $90 for the 3 of us.

3. How short were the lines? We are considering going in at 5 and getting two fast passes for a couple of attractions. i was wondering specificallyabout the lines for Toy Story Midway Mania. If it is short enough, we will just wait until the party.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm just going to miss this on our May trip. I'm really hoping they do it again in December but since there's no SW movie there probably won't.:guilty:

Last edited:
I'm just going to miss this on our May trip. I'm really hoping they do it again in December but since there's no SW movie there probably won't.:guilty:
I think there's a good possibility of a GN in December, there's always a perfectly acceptable excuse to celebrate star wars, I'm sure Disney will think of something

We went to the party for the first time last June. Other than the change in the viewing location (and the new stein), has anything else changed? They didn’t take us out for the movie clip thing when we were there, but sounds like they do now?

From reading here, it sounds like the back left is where we want to go for the show. Seems like a read something about a wall there — is that correct?

We went to the party for the first time last June. Other than the change in the viewing location (and the new stein), has anything else changed? They didn’t take us out for the movie clip thing when we were there, but sounds like they do now?

From reading here, it sounds like the back left is where we want to go for the show. Seems like a read something about a wall there — is that correct?

Yes, there is a very short wall along the back of the viewing area. Those that choose to sit there can use the wall as a low bench. The view still won't be perfect, but it's probably the best you can get in the designated viewing area. And you do head out with the troopers in time for the movie pre-show.

Going to SW Galactic Nights in May for the first time! Any tips for this event? TIA
Not a really a tip, more of a suggestion.

I'm always surprised at the number of guests who arrive late, and not just a little late, sometimes 10 to 15 minutes before they have to leave. It's not an inexpensive event, get the most out of it and arrive somewhere near the advertised starting time.

I think some guests who arrive late think they can stay later and make it up at end. Nope, no one can remain in the venue.

Ok, this non-tip is a little self serving. Guess who has to wait outside at the podium until everyone checks in or until the drop dead time to go inside is reached?...............you guessed right.

ETA, disregard, just noticed that the poster was talking about Galactic Nights and not the party.

Last edited:
Wow! That's crazy that people would wait until 15 minutes before the event ends to check in. Event starts at 7, but heard that you can get in as early as 5. So we plan on getting there around 5. :)

Going to SW Galactic Nights in May for the first time! Any tips for this event? TIA

We booked last night!!
This trip will be full of first for us.
1-We are surprising our boys.
2-only going to be at WDW for the holiday weekend.
3- Galactic Night/HS is the only event/park we will be visiting.
4- staying at Poly!

Wow! That's crazy that people would wait until 15 minutes before the event ends to check in. Event starts at 7, but heard that you can get in as early as 5. So we plan on getting there around 5. :)

I read this earlier today! I hope its true!

We booked last night!!
This trip will be full of first for us.
1-We are surprising our boys.
2-only going to be at WDW for the holiday weekend.
3- Galactic Night/HS is the only event/park we will be visiting.
4- staying at Poly!

I want to stay at the Poly sometime - looks amazing! This trip we are at the Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge. :)

I read this earlier today! I hope its true!

Yes, It's true - they told me on the phone when I bought the tickets! Hope you have a great time! My DH is a big SW fan, and this happened to fall on our Disney Rest Day, so what else was there to do but to buy tickets. LOL

Not a really a tip, more of a suggestion.

I'm always surprised at the number of guests who arrive late, and not just a little late, sometimes 10 to 15 minutes before they have to leave. It's not an inexpensive event, get the most out of it and arrive somewhere near the advertised starting time.

I think some guests who arrive late think they can stay later and make it up at end. Nope, no one can remain in the venue.

Ok, this non-tip is a little self serving. Guess who has to wait outside at the podium until everyone checks in or until the drop dead time to go inside is reached?...............you guessed right.

ETA, disregard, just noticed that the poster was talking about Galactic Nights and not the party.
It's GOOD information to have, even if it was misplaced for this particular question. I'm sorry you came about that information the way you did. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter