**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I have a question about the dessert party and since I think Fastpasser will have first hand knowledge, I thought this would be the place to ask! We are going to the dessert party in April but my 4 year old hates fireworks of any kind, so we’re going to split up and either me or DH are going to take her to 1900 Park Fare for dinner and the other will take our sons to the dessert party. I booked the 1900 Park Fare ADR at 180 days and I assumed at the time that I’d be the one taking her so I put it in my name. DH then told me that he’d take her because he knows I’d enjoy the show and he’s doing other Star Wars things with the boys (very nice of him!). When the dessert party opened for our dates, MDE wouldn’t let me book it online because it was too close to the ADR and I’m the account holder so I had to call to book. The CM put the dessert party in DH’s name so the system wouldn’t be confused. Since DH and I are planning on switching, will that create a problem? We have the same last name if that matters. The phone CM assured me that it wouldn’t, but I’d feel better hearing it from soneine who actually works at the event! Thank you!

I have a question about the dessert party and since I think Fastpasser will have first hand knowledge
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
The CM put the dessert party in DH’s name so the system wouldn’t be confused. Since DH and I are planning on switching, will that create a problem?
Not a problem at all, but you might get a look from the CM when you tell them your "John" Smith.
The phone CM assured me that it wouldn’t, but I’d feel better hearing it from someone who actually works at the event!
"Work" might be too strong a word, but I'm usually hanging around the party a couple of times a week. Anyway, believe it or not, the phone CM is right, it doesn't matter. The check in process is low tech.

Working off a printed guest list, they ask for a last name, first name and confirm the party size. Then they turn you over to another CM who gives you credentials with a lanyard and also bores you with a spiel so that everyone realizes what they're in for. No verification or ID required. As long as the name is on the list, you're in.

Nerdy ole me, each time I come into DHS I have to go through the main entrance plaza (the one that no one uses) and I get so excited with construction progress and the sheer size of the ride buildings for Galaxy's Edge
CMs must enter through that entrance and I'm just as awestruck by the mountain of dirt on the opposite side of the road. What the heck is all that dirt for? And almost as impressive as the GE construction is the massive road construction project for the new DHS entrance.

I see that you're a new poster, welcome.:rolleyes1

Last edited:
CMs must enter through that entrance and I'm just as awestruck by the mountain of dirt on the opposite side of the road. What the heck is all that dirt for? And almost as impressive as the GE construction is the massive road construction project for the new DHS entrance.

I see that you're a new poster, welcome.:rolleyes1
Lol
It's insane the amount of construction all around

Hi fellow Disney people! Is Launch Bay open to the public doing the Galactic dessert Party?
Yes it is, they have a roped off area for the desserts and drinks but some tables are in the general public area. Cm are stationed at the entrances to check people's lanyards

We attended the party in December and we were not impressed. We did not care for the viewing are on the "Center Stage" as it was too close to see the fireworks. Is this still the viewing area? We prefer the area back by the towers where it had been previously and might consider doing it again if that is where it is.

Thanks!

We attended the party in December and we were not impressed. We did not care for the viewing are on the "Center Stage" as it was too close to see the fireworks. Is this still the viewing area? We prefer the area back by the towers where it had been previously and might consider doing it again if that is where it is.

Thanks!
Still in the elevated area of center stage

We are attending tonight’s dessert party and can’t wait!

With a scheduled start time of 6:30 pm what is the “real” start time? Meaning, what time should we plan to arrive? Thanks so much!

With a scheduled start time of 6:30 pm what is the “real” start time? Meaning, what time should we plan to arrive?
I know what you're asking but 6:30 is now the earliest you'll be allowed to enter the party area. Remember that you can pick up your credentials about 45 minutes to an hour before the advertised start time. Also, the rest of the Launch Bay is open to everyone.

I know what you're asking but 6:30 is now the earliest you'll be allowed to enter the party area. Remember that you can pick up your credentials about 45 minutes to an hour before the advertised start time. Also, the rest of the Launch Bay is open to everyone.
Awesome, thanks. I didn’t realize they’d changed the set-up - good to know. I was just able to pick up a late day Star Tours FP+ for just prior to get us in the right frame of mind. Can’t wait!

I didn’t realize they’d changed the set-up - good to know.
A while back the SWaGS start time was suddenly changed to 15 minutes later. To keep pace, the party start time should have changed at that time to 6:45. But they couldn't do it because the existing reservations all said 6:30. They left it alone and now every one entering at 6:30 is getting an extra 15 minutes whether they want it or not. The extra 15 minutes is apparent to me when I walk through the party towards the end, a lot of people are ready to go. I expect it to return to the previous timing format when the SWaGS time changes again.

Is there a good strategy for kids to view the star wars spectacular like a garbage can to stand behind, that kind of thing? My daughter is 12 and too heavy for me to hold up for long. I don't mind waiting long for a spot.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Not a problem at all, but you might get a look from the CM when you tell them your "John" Smith.
"Work" might be too strong a word, but I'm usually hanging around the party a couple of times a week. Anyway, believe it or not, the phone CM is right, it doesn't matter. The check in process is low tech.

Working off a printed guest list, they ask for a last name, first name and confirm the party size. Then they turn you over to another CM who gives you credentials with a lanyard and also bores you with a spiel so that everyone realizes what they're in for. No verification or ID required. As long as the name is on the list, you're in.

Thank you FastPasser!!! Very helpful! So nice to have someone in the know. Can’t wait for the party!

With the Jedi Training Academy, is there a way to make sure you spar with Vader?

I know we probably won't see dates open for September until this summer, but based on last year, (or even present day), are they only do the SWGS on certain days? I have to make my ADR's soon and want to try to plan to fit this in. Also, when SWGS is occurring, do they still do Fantasmic! at the same time? TIA!

With the Jedi Training Academy, is there a way to make sure you spar with Vader?
When we went last year, it was based on the line you were in (we did the first show so it was the line in front that fought Vader). I don't know if anything has changed since then and also I think it might have been different based on the time of the show (because later in the day I think the line up was in a different spot).

Reactions: CJK
Is there a good strategy for kids to view the star wars spectacular like a garbage can to stand behind, that kind of thing? My daughter is 12 and too heavy for me to hold up for long. I don't mind waiting long for a spot.

Look for the tape on the ground marking off walkways and stand just behind it. You will have people walking in front of you during the show, but no one will be allowed to stand there. There’s one where Sunset meets Hollywood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts