**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

So the swgsdp is described on the wdw site as “the best spot in the universe to experience Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular show and Disney Movie Magic”.
So are those two separate shows? If so, do they show one right after the other?
Thanks

So the swgsdp is described on the wdw site as “the best spot in the universe to experience Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular show and Disney Movie Magic”.
So are those two separate shows? If so, do they show one right after the other?
Thanks
Movie Magic is a projection show (no fireworks) that happens about 15 minutes before SWaGS. It done over the same Chinese Theater so while you wait for SWaGS you get to see DMM, kinda like a pre show. It is based on all live action Disney movies

Thank you yulilin3!
I’m so excited- I got our reservation for the dessert party and was watching the videos from the first page of this thread.
It is going to amazing!
And if there is actually going to be seating for the show, well that will be icing on the cake :)

Thank you yulilin3!
I’m so excited- I got our reservation for the dessert party and was watching the videos from the first page of this thread.
It is going to amazing!
And if there is actually going to be seating for the show, well that will be icing on the cake :)
I've done a lot of dessert parties and this one is my second favorite, my absolute favorite is the JBJB dessert party.

I’m really hoping the Star Wars fireworks will be back on Dec 18th! My son is a huge Star Wars fan and that would just be amazing and of course we would want to snag a party! We will be seeing fantasmic too though so hopefully we could do both!

I second this!!! JBJB was FABULOUS!!!
I've done a lot of dessert parties and this one is my second favorite, my absolute favorite is the JBJB dessert party.
Intersting that you guys say this. We did the Star Wars Party last September and LOVED it. The desserts were great (especially the flash frozen thing), the drinks were....well, drinks, and the interactions with characters were fabulous. But I think the biggest factor was the atmosphere. We couldn’t find a spot at first, so we ended up staking out a little area of the cantina-themed room. Star Wars drinks in the Cantina with the iconic cantina music playing and a hilarious cast member making wookie noises and other spot-on impressions made the night for us. The fireworks were just icing on the cake.

We’ll be going back November 9th-17th this year, and originally intended to hit up the Star Wars dessert party again, but were disappointed to learn that it’ll probably be Jingle Bell Jingle Bam instead. We decided to skip it, and now you have me considering it again. What made JBJB your favorite? Why does it beat the Star Wars one? We’ve never seen the JBJB show, but were just planning to stake out a spot.

Intersting that you guys say this. We did the Star Wars Party last September and LOVED it. The desserts were great (especially the flash frozen thing), the drinks were....well, drinks, and the interactions with characters were fabulous. But I think the biggest factor was the atmosphere. We couldn’t find a spot at first, so we ended up staking out a little area of the cantina-themed room. Star Wars drinks in the Cantina with the iconic cantina music playing and a hilarious cast member making wookie noises and other spot-on impressions made the night for us. The fireworks were just icing on the cake.

We’ll be going back November 9th-17th this year, and originally intended to hit up the Star Wars dessert party again, but were disappointed to learn that it’ll probably be Jingle Bell Jingle Bam instead. We decided to skip it, and now you have me considering it again. What made JBJB your favorite? Why does it beat the Star Wars one? We’ve never seen the JBJB show, but were just planning to stake out a spot.
For me it's the festive Christmas atmosphere, the food and drinks offering and the fact that it takes place in the courtyard of the Chinese theater. I am a huge star wars fan btw, i actually ran the star wars weekends thread 3 years in a row before they cancelled it (still bitter about that) and i love the sw party but jbjb is just plain festive... Plus the gingerbread drink that I made fastpasser find me the recipe so i could make it at home :)

But I think the biggest factor was the atmosphere.
IMO, I find the actual party area to be lacking in ambiance. Staying with the Outer Space theme, I refer to it as the Black Hole.
We couldn’t find a spot at first, so we ended up staking out a little area of the cantina-themed room.
Actually that is one of the four dedicated party areas inside the Launch Bay.
What made JBJB your favorite? Why does it beat the Star Wars one?
The Chinese Theater Courtyard is probably the best setting of all the parties. I agree with Yulilin3, "it's the festive Christmas atmosphere, the food and drinks offering and the fact that it takes place in the courtyard of the Chinese theater."

I've got my hopes up that SWGS will return mid December and Disney will run both. They did that last year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have to say when we did JBJB the first year we were totally underwhelmed. The Dessert Party itself was great but the show was meh. I also was disappointed because I was really looking forward to the SW Dessert party and show and had to settle for JBJB. Last year JBJB looked a bit better than the previous year so I'm still on the fence.

Last edited:
@PardonOurPixieDust

I told my husband that @yulilin3 said the JBJB dessert party is her favorite, even over the SW one. He knows how HUGE of a Star Wars fan she is, and he immediately said that we should try to do the JBJB dessert party, because it must be awesome:) Now, I don't think very many people would say the JBJB show is better than the Star Wars show, just that the party is better. We have actually seen both, including multiple iterations of the SW show, and its still the best. Look for pictures and reviews. It really does look awesome.

@PardonOurPixieDust

I told my husband that @yulilin3 said the JBJB dessert party is her favorite, even over the SW one. He knows how HUGE of a Star Wars fan she is, and he immediately said that we should try to do the JBJB dessert party, because it must be awesome:) Now, I don't think very many people would say the JBJB show is better than the Star Wars show, just that the party is better. We have actually seen both, including multiple iterations of the SW show, and its still the best. Look for pictures and reviews. It really does look awesome.
:)
The jbjb was definitely improved this last year and I'm hoping for the same or even more improvements this year. Maybe it also helped that the party had chairs, I think a research trip is in order to check out the improved swags dessert party once they add chairs to that one

For me it's the festive Christmas atmosphere, the food and drinks offering and the fact that it takes place in the courtyard of the Chinese theater. I am a huge star wars fan btw, i actually ran the star wars weekends thread 3 years in a row before they cancelled it (still bitter about that) and i love the sw party but jbjb is just plain festive... Plus the gingerbread drink that I made fastpasser find me the recipe so i could make it at home :)
I lost the one that fpser gave me but it was similar to this one
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/gingerbread-martini-2260617

Hi! Stalking this thread for a bit ... We have been planning to book the guided tour for our September trip. I'm guessing those reservations will open up whenever the dessert party dates open! Patiently waiting with the rest of you ...

In the meantime, now that I read about seating being added to the dessert party, I might be changing our plans! We are a part of six - me, husband, two kids (ages 7 and 1), plus my in-laws. The biggest draw of the guided tour is guaranteeing we do all the SW stuff in the park (especially Jedi Training for DD7), without having to make a crazy touring plan. I could probably plan *most* stuff on my own, but I like the idea of letting the guides do it for me! A day off from being the "planner" if you know what I mean ...

On the other hand, the dessert party sounds like a magical way to spend the evening - especially now that my kids and in-laws can sit down and relax. My MIL is diabetic - are there plenty of savory/sugar-free options?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter