**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

With the new tables, the capacity has decreased? So the viewing area would be less crowded also?
Kinda sorta, and not that the viewing area is that crowded, but the reality is that the parties over the last year or so, except during very busy times, were seldom sold out. The average attendance before the change is about the same as the max number after the change.

Kinda sorta, and not that the viewing area is that crowded, but the reality is that the parties over the last year or so, except during very busy times, were seldom sold out. The average attendance before the change is about the same as the max number after the change.
Makes sense, thanks!!

Hi!
Preassigned
Tables default to 4, but they'll seat 5 if that's the party size.
A pleasure to meet me, you must have me mistaken for somebody else. Just kidding, and I do remember you. Too early to know, but I might be there.

Thanks, as always for your info ! The preassigned seating has us very excited ! That, and possibly more savory ! Nice ! :))

The savory items have changed, and I may be wrong because I'm not really paying attention to what's there, but it appears that they have increased the offerings.

I amp considerign a dessert party in DEcemebr and was leaning towards JBJB, however with the news, I am going to plan on the Star Wars party, if all goes well.

The savory items have changed, and I may be wrong because I'm not really paying attention to what's there, but it appears that they have increased the offerings.

Oooh, more savory options is EXCELLENT! We still haven't had a chance to do the SW dessert party, but we did JBJB in 2016 and loved it! I'm really happy they're adding chairs too. I (conveniently) left that part out when I told DH about it so now he won't have missed anything. :) I had seen that at one of the SW events they'd had the churro lightsabers. It would be so cool if they offered a mini version of those at the party.

Is the fireworks viewing area still standing room only?

Hi!
Preassigned
Tables default to 4, but they'll seat 5 if that's the party size.
A pleasure to meet me, you must have me mistaken for somebody else. Just kidding, and I do remember you. Too early to know, but I might be there.

Thank you so much for the info! Hope to see you there!!

@FastPasser. Do you just do the party part in the Launch Bay or are you at the viewing area as well. DD7 and I are doing the Guided Tour on Friday 6/22, so if you are at the viewing area say hello. I'll be easy to spot, Bald head, graying goatee and Star Wars tattoos on my left arm.

Edited to remove a word.

and possibly more savory !
Pretty much all new savory items and more of them. Taste tested a number of them tonight and liked them all.
I amp considerign a dessert party in DEcemebr and was leaning towards JBJB, however with the news, I am going to plan on the Star Wars party, if all goes well.
If they do the same thing this year as they have done the last two year's, SWaGS will not return until mid Dec. The JBJB party is an excellent party. Unless you're serious SW fans, I'd go with the JBJB party.
I had seen that at one of the SW events they'd had the churro lightsabers. It would be so cool if they offered a mini version of those at the party.
Great idea, they should offer those. I'll suggest it.
Is the fireworks viewing area still standing room only?
Not really, depends on the number of guests attending the party and how many of the SW Tour Guests show up. On some nights many guests are able to sit, on other nights not so many. It is designed to be viewed standing.
Do you just do the party part in the Launch Bay or are you at the viewing area as well.
Sorry, but no. We drop off party Guests at the viewing area and we're out of there along with the Stormtroopers. Party Guests become DHS CMs responsibility.

Our trip is basically 100% planned at this point except for FP+ reservations (our window opens at the end of July) and the Star Wars dessert party. The compulsive pre-planner in me dies a little more every day that the September calendar isn't blue.

As I alluded to a few weeks ago, chairs were added to the party this week. A couple of other changes as well. The menu has changed and a M&G with Kylo Ren just for party guests has been added.

Guests have been pleasantly surprised with the changes at check in, especially the addition of chairs. I would expect a price increase once the current booking cycle ends.

I’m so excited to see this and that parties of 5 are seated together. I’m going 6/27 with family who’ve never been before. I did the party in January 2017 & it was awesome (even though storms canceled the show). Looking forward to experiencing the changes. @FastPasser. thanks for all the great info you share on these boards!

Last edited:
Our trip is basically 100% planned at this point except for FP+ reservations (our window opens at the end of July) and the Star Wars dessert party. The compulsive pre-planner in me dies a little more every day that the September calendar isn't blue.

Me too. I keep checking, still gray. o_O

With the new assigned seats, please realize you could potentially be sat with another group. A lady was so mean when we tried to get to our seat at our shared table that I got upset as we were already running late. The manager took care of it for us but it still was not a nice start.

With the new assigned seats, please realize you could potentially be sat with another group. A lady was so mean when we tried to get to our seat at our shared table that I got upset as we were already running late. The manager took care of it for us but it still was not a nice start.
Ugh that’s horrible, I’m sorry that happened to you! I don’t understand why people feel the need to act like that.

How rude. Curious how many people were In your party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter