**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

ADDCD375-240B-48C9-B975-2EB8A626F645.jpeg 60A5CBC7-C119-4457-AE8E-CD10B20D1C31.jpeg
Tonight's party was the busiest revised party I've been at. It was over sold. But it went well and I got to meet two Dissers, one of which was selected to be the Honorary Guide Family. Fun family. I hope they post a photo of their experience.

We had a lovely time at this party! It was great to meet Fastpasser. My kids loved being the honorary kids- I took a few photos, here are two.

The party was great! It did not feel super busy, and it felt like there was space around people in the viewing area. The desserts were good, the prosciutto was absolutely delicious and the margarita was yummy. It was great fun and loved the show.

Tonight's party was the busiest revised party I've been at. It was over sold. But it went well and I got to meet two Dissers, one of which was selected to be the Honorary Guide Family. Fun family. I hope they post a photo of their experience.

It was great meeting you @FastPasser. ! I'm still not sure how I ended up with a table all by myself when there were so many people at the party but being a strong introvert I was perfectly fine with that. I took a ton of pictures and once I get everything uploaded I will do a quick review.

My kids loved being the honorary kids
Kids think it's a big deal and we enjoy doing it.
t did not feel super busy
It was actually over sold.
there was space around people in the viewing area.
I walked past the viewing area just before the show on my way out and noticed that while some people were sitting, more than normal were standing.
It was great meeting you FastPasser! I'm still not sure how I ended up with a table all by myself when there were so many people at the party but being a strong introvert I was perfectly fine with that.
I was kinda surprised too, but it's just the way the combinations work out on any given night. Glad it worked out for you.
I took a ton of pictures and once I get everything uploaded I will do a quick review.
Look forward to it.

Question...with the JBJB dessert party being out now, I am looking at dates in December (Dec 20, to be exact)...I was hoping, based on past history, that the SWGS dessert party would come back for the week of Christmas or thereabouts. However, given the time of the JBJB party (7 pm), I am now questioning if that will happen. If I recall, last year, the JBJB party was around 5:30 pm and the SW party around 8 or so. Can anyone confirm if this was correct? Does the 7 pm JBJB time slot mean that we're probably out of luck for a SW dessert party around the holidays?

Question...with the JBJB dessert party being out now, I am looking at dates in December (Dec 20, to be exact)...I was hoping, based on past history, that the SWGS dessert party would come back for the week of Christmas or thereabouts. However, given the time of the JBJB party (7 pm), I am now questioning if that will happen. If I recall, last year, the JBJB party was around 5:30 pm and the SW party around 8 or so. Can anyone confirm if this was correct? Does the 7 pm JBJB time slot mean that we're probably out of luck for a SW dessert party around the holidays?
First page post 11 has your historical times. Last year SWaGS was at 9pm mid Dec and 10 pm late Dec.. I still think that they will do both shows towards the end of the month like in years past

I just booked JBJB for December 25, and the start time is listed as 8 pm.

Really hoping for the SW party too!

I just booked JBJB for December 25, and the start time is listed as 8 pm.

Really hoping for the SW party too!
just saw they finally released the full schedule for the JBJB show, the park hours for that week shows it closing at 9pm which is an hour earlier from last year. Losing hope that they might not do SWaGS

I attended the Star Wars Dessert Party last Friday, August 10th. I was on a solo trip for my birthday. It was a very hot day and I finished up with everything I wanted to do by 7:45 pm so I decided to just check in early and find a bench inside Launch Bay to cool off a bit before the party.

Check in was very easy and I had the privilege of meeting @FastPasser.. I got my lanyard and then went inside and found a bench near the steps leading down to the Chewbacca and Kylo Ren meet and greets and also the Dessert Party area.

I sat there and called my husband while waiting for the party to open up at 8:15. Once it was time I headed down the steps and was let into the party area by a CM. I ended up at table 18 which was just to the left of the pole in the picture above. I was a bit nervous about sitting with other people because I’m a huge introvert but for some reason no one ever showed up.

I had several friends who were interested in what the party had to offer so before I got my first plate, I took pictures of the buffet.

The only thing I didn't take a picture of was the non-alcoholic drinks but there was a variety there to choose from.

Just know I’m a bit on the picky side so I didn’t try a lot of the items. I also ate too much at Baseline Tap House before the party. I knew I wouldn’t like the savory items at the party and I had to have something solid in my stomach before all the sweets. I ended up having a huge pretzel before the party. I was only going to eat half of it and save the rest for later but it was so good I ate way more than I should have.

Anyways, here’s my first plate along with the non-alcoholic drink they handed out when I entered the party. I can't remember what it was exactly but it was very good. They were also handing out cups of the Galactic Punch but I'm not a fan of rum or coconut so I grabbed the non-alcoholic one to start.

I also grabbed one of the Cosmic Citrus Twist’s which was very good. I definitely prefer vodka drinks.

I really liked everything on my plate except for the Dark Chocolate Mousse Dome. It was very bitter and I just prefer sweeter desserts. My favorite was the peanut butter cupcake followed by the little chocolate cheesecake.

I finished my first plate and then it was time for my Kylo Ren meet and greet. I will say this was the only thing I was disappointed in during the night. This meet and greet was super rushed. I entered the area, Kylo pointed at me and then at the floor, ordering me where to go and stand. I stood there, they snapped a picture and then ushered me out. There was zero interaction with him at all. I doubt I was in the room more than 30 seconds. So here’s my super awkward photo with him.

After my quick meet and greet I went back and got some more food. I ended up with the chocolate peanut butter cupcake and the chocolate cheese cake again. I thought about getting one of the chocolate chip cookies and trying out the nitro Nutella but I ended up getting full and never made it back to them. Note to self, have a smaller snack next time before a dessert party.

I will say this was when I noticed how crowded the party felt that night. The tables were close together and it was a bit hard maneuvering between them to get back and forth to the buffet.

For the next while I mostly sat and just enjoyed the atmosphere. @FastPasser. stopped by to say hello for a few minutes and confirmed that the party was sold out.

The Stormtroopers did walk through and spent some time harassing guests. At one point one of them stopped at my table. He just stood there and stared at me and finally I got a bit flustered and said “What?”. He replied “I’ll ask the questions here” and then turned and left.

At 9:25, we lined up to head outside. As we exited, we were handed our Phasma stein (please ignore my reflection in its shiny surface).

When we got out to the viewing area I headed towards the back and found a seat along the wall towards the right when looking at the theater. The area did feel pretty crowded that night. Here’s some pictures although it’s hard to get a good sense of the area because of the dark.

Then it was time for Disney Movie Magic. I planned on staying seated but unfortunately everyone towards the front was standing so I had to stand to see. I felt bad for the people right behind the raised area who probably thought they had the best seats in the house until the dessert party people arrived. I took a ton of pictures of both shows but I’ll save most of those for my TR and just post a few of the better ones here.

I sat back down for the few minutes in between the shows but had to stand back up when SWaGS started up in order to see.

This next one isn’t really a good photo but it shows the intensity of the fire they shoot off. It totally overwhelmed my camera and it felt like we were standing on the sun for a few seconds.

Overall I really enjoyed this dessert party. The desserts were wonderful and it was so nice to have an indoor seated area for the party.

I liked SWaGS a lot although I still would say the previous Star Wars fireworks show was better.

We were definitely a bit close for the show but in all honesty I’m not sure there is an ideal place to watch this show from. If you are far enough back to see all of the fireworks, you won’t be able to clearly see the projections plus there are a lot of trees and other obstructions in that area. I think the current dessert party area is probably the best because the show really is more about the projections with a few fireworks thrown in.

I think my only disappointment of the night was the rushed meet and greet with Kylo Ren. I don’t expect a huge amount of time being a solo adult but a few more seconds of interaction would have been nice.

I definitely recommend this party to anyone who is thinking of trying it and I hope to do it again in the future. I actually went back to see if I could fit it into our October schedule but it’s not really an option since we will be concentrating on Food and Wine.

Nice job on the review. I wonder if your Kylo Ren experience was typical?
Oh, I'm not buying the "huge introvert" part.

Nice job on the review. I wonder if your Kylo Ren experience was typical?
Oh, I'm not buying the "huge introvert" part.

My boss at work had us take personality tests as part of a team building exercise. I scored 96% introvert, 4% extrovert. So yep, huge introvert. My husband says I come out of my shell at two places. The animal shelter where I volunteer and Disney.

I have a couple of quick questions that you may or may not be able to answer @FastPasser.

1. Are you working the Aug 21 party? I know you had posted about retiring but I am not sure when that is happening or has already happened.
2. Do you know which of the savory items have bell peppers or will there be a CM there who can answer that? I looked at the pics that have been posted and most of the items I could see are going to be problematic for me and I was wondering if I should have something to nibble on before the party.

TIA for any guidance and if you happen to be working on the 21st, look for a family of 3 where the kid is wearing a "Support the Troops" Stormtrooper shirt! :)

just saw they finally released the full schedule for the JBJB show, the park hours for that week shows it closing at 9pm which is an hour earlier from last year. Losing hope that they might not do SWaGS

Thanks for posting this.... Definitely sad about this.. as we'd actually decided to book evening events for all 9 nights of our December trip (and no breakfast/lunch ADRs -- the one exception is ROL Pkg for brunch at Tusker -- which still has an evening event built in.) We have something for every night but Dec 27th and were hoping for SWaGS for that night.... still holding out some (very) small hope for this...

Another sold out party tonight and got to meet two more Dissers, JRoyster86 and bethbuchall. That makes four Dissers over two parties. I'm on a roll. They actually didn't know each other but requested to be seated at the same table, which we were able to do. Not always possible if the party is at capacity. I was able to chat with them for a little while, very nice folks. Hard to believe that I get paid to do that.

Another sold out party tonight and got to meet two more Dissers, JRoyster86 and bethbuchall. That makes four Dissers over two parties. I'm on a roll. They actually didn't know each other but requested to be seated at the same table, which we were able to do. Not always possible if the party is at capacity. I was able to chat with them for a little while, very nice folks. Hard to believe that I get paid to do that.
Are you any closer to knowing when you’re riding off into the sunset? Because I’m still holding out hope that I might meet you on 9/30 or 10/3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter