**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

We are thinking of doing the dessert party the first week of September. Is there a better day to do it, with less crowds? We could do it any time between 9/2 to 9/6.

Another sold out party tonight and got to meet two more Dissers, JRoyster86 and bethbuchall. That makes four Dissers over two parties. I'm on a roll. They actually didn't know each other but requested to be seated at the same table, which we were able to do. Not always possible if the party is at capacity. I was able to chat with them for a little while, very nice folks. Hard to believe that I get paid to do that.

We enjoyed the party and meeting JRoyster86 and Fastpasser. Although it was a sold out party, I never felt that it was too crowded or chaotic.

I thought the frozen Nutella was going to be my favorite, but the dark chocolate mousse domes took that honor.

The only minor disappointment was the Kylo Ren meet. Our table’s time was 9:00pm, and when they went for the meet, they were told it would be a 25-minute wait. My husband and son didn’t really care that much, though, and I wasn’t planning to do that meet and greet anyway.

It's looking that way.

No movie this December.

We went to the party SUPER last minute on 8/3, as a birthday present to me (birthday was that Sunday.) I suppose it could have been more last minute, since there were empty tables and no one else got sat with us but I think booking it at 3 AM while on the DME to our resort felt cutting it a little close!

We were checked in by two young ladies, so don't think there was a stealth Fastpasser there...

No movie this December.
That's true, however the first year it was a last minute decision to have SWaGS resume early. It wasn't due to the movie being released. Until all the dates for everything at DHS in Dec are finalized, there's always a chance.
since there were empty tables and no one else got sat with us but I think booking it at 3 AM while on the DME to our resort felt cutting it a little close!
Up until just recently it was hardly ever even close to selling out. I think the word about the changes may be getting out.
We were checked in by two young ladies, so don't think there was a stealth Fastpasser there...
I could have been inside, but I wasn't. Missed you by one day. I'm at the SW party usually only two nights a week, sometimes just one. Disney Events Group CMs are property wide.

The only minor disappointment was the Kylo Ren meet. Our table’s time was 9:00pm, and when they went for the meet, they were told it would be a 25-minute wait.
That's very strange. I'm wondering if they sent you through the day Guest Kylo Ren line or if maybe they're was only one line that night? Everyone has a dedicated time so it shouldn't back up.

I'm looking to book the dessert party for my husband 11/06. This will be our first dessert party, and I'm gifting it to him as a belated birthday and anniversary present. The dates have been released all the way up until 11/05. So frustrating.

Anyway, I've tried to keep up with this thread the best to my ability, but for repeat party-goers, what can we expect as first time guests? I'd love to hear your experiences. I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, but my husband is, and I'm super excited to do this for him.

I'm looking to book the dessert party for my husband 11/06. This will be our first dessert party, and I'm gifting it to him as a belated birthday and anniversary present. The dates have been released all the way up until 11/05. So frustrating.

Anyway, I've tried to keep up with this thread the best to my ability, but for repeat party-goers, what can we expect as first time guests? I'd love to hear your experiences. I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, but my husband is, and I'm super excited to do this for him.

The current thinking is that there might not be a Star Wars dessert party on 11/6. The Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party is starting that night and has been released. There's a slim chance they could do both that night, but it doesn't seem likely at this point. The Star Wars fireworks are not even scheduled beyond 11/6, but the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show is. Sorry.

The current thinking is that there might not be a Star Wars dessert party on 11/6. The Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party is starting that night and has been released. There's a slim chance they could do both that night, but it doesn't seem likely at this point. The Star Wars fireworks are not even scheduled beyond 11/6, but the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show is. Sorry.

Well, that makes sense! I was wondering why the dates had stopped on a Tuesday. Thank you! I'll do some rearranging for sure now.

You can expect attentive cast members and tasty treats! The service was great. My son and husband really enjoyed trying all the cocktails at the open bar.

I loved the frozen nutella dessert but will leave it for last this time. It's so rich, it kind of spoiled me trying other things.

You can expect attentive cast members and tasty treats! The service was great. My son and husband really enjoyed trying all the cocktails at the open bar.

I loved the frozen nutella dessert but will leave it for last this time. It's so rich, it kind of spoiled me trying other things.

Thank you! I was able to book the party and am looking forward to this!

Thank you to everyone for all of the great information in this thread. Fastpasser., your insight is truly valuable. I booked the party for 9/15 as a surprise for my husband. I'm hoping he doesn't mind sharing a table with other people. It's not like you sit at your table for all that long, right?

Now if I can only keep it a surprise... I'm excited!

Me and DH will be at the 9/15 party as well. This is our first time attending this party and seeing the SWGS fireworks :)

I just booked the 15th for DS13 as a surprise. It's finally his turn for a mom/kiddo trip and he chose WDW. I let the kids plan their entire trip but do one special thing they never expect.

We've also never seen the SWGS fireworks or been to a dessert party. He's going to go crazy!

We're doing the dessert party on August 31st. Will anyone else be there? It's our only date night activity (ditching kids aged 1.5 and 4) so I'm very much looking forward to lots of eating and drinking!

I just booked the 15th for DS13 as a surprise. It's finally his turn for a mom/kiddo trip and he chose WDW. I let the kids plan their entire trip but do one special thing they never expect.

We've also never seen the SWGS fireworks or been to a dessert party. He's going to go crazy!

What a nice idea! How exciting it must be for them to plan their own trip. :-)

Quick question that I am having no luck answering:

What time is check in for the party tonight? (Aug 21)

I have one thing that says 7:30 and another that says 8:30!

Thanks!

Quick question that I am having no luck answering:

What time is check in for the party tonight? (Aug 21)

I have one thing that says 7:30 and another that says 8:30!

Thanks!
Just saw this. 7:30 is the earliest that Guests can check in and pick up their credentials and 8:30 is the party start time. Actually it's 8:15.

Just saw this. 7:30 is the earliest that Guests can check in and pick up their credentials and 8:30 is the party start time. Actually it's 8:15.

Thanks! DH and I went to different CM at AKV (long story why!) and they both looked the info up and came back with two different answers!

We ended up going early and got caught in the most insane rain but we are now waiting for the fireworks to start!

Delay, boooooo!

Last edited:
I went to different CM at AKV and they both looked the info up and came back with two different answers!
And if you asked a third, you'd probably get a third answer.
In fairness, it's not the CM's fault, it's Disney's.
The SW check in podium is always set go at least an hour before the advertised start time.
caught in the most insane rain but we are now waiting for the fireworks to start! Delay, boooooo!
It was a crazy rainy night. How'd it end up?

And if you asked a third, you'd probably get a third answer.
In fairness, it's not the CM's fault, it's Disney's.
The SW check in podium is always set go at least an hour before the advertised start time.
It was a crazy rainy night. How'd it end up?

We all really enjoyed it and were glad we went! Thanks for all the info, @FastPasser!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter