**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Just noticed this on the Star Wars guided tour page. For those in the know can we take this as official confirmation that Star Wars a galactic spectacular won’t be shown in December this year?

I need help! I'm traveling in October with a group of people. 3 of us booked dessert party reservations awhile ago and then 2 more people decided they wanted to join. I gave them the info on how to book and we are linked on MDE. When they booked, the guy making the reservation set me up as the contact person, not him. So now I have two reservations and he has none. I just called Disney and was transferred from Dining to the IT department and back. No one can change it. The last person I spoke to said that it should be fine if we all show up and that I should be able to get him in even if his name isn't there. Does this sound right?!? Second question? Do I need to call somewhere and let them know that we want to sit together even if I can see both reservations on MDE? Or since they're linked on MDE will they know that we are together?

I need help! I'm traveling in October with a group of people. 3 of us booked dessert party reservations awhile ago and then 2 more people decided they wanted to join. I gave them the info on how to book and we are linked on MDE. When they booked, the guy making the reservation set me up as the contact person, not him. So now I have two reservations and he has none.
It's not about the names of the people on the rez, it's about the name that the rez was made under and the number of people on the rez. If that's correct, it's not an issue. However if more people show up than are on the rez, that will have to be sorted out at check-in.
The last person I spoke to said that it should be fine if we all show up and that I should be able to get him in even if his name isn't there. Does this sound right?!?
Yes, but go to the check in podium as soon as it opens in order to give them time to straighten it out.
Do I need to call somewhere and let them know that we want to sit together even if I can see both reservations on MDE? Or since they're linked on MDE will they know that we are together?
No, they will not know, again, tell them at check in that you're travelling with another party. We can make the Magic at check in, just gives us the time to do it.

It's not about the names of the people on the rez, it's about the name that the rez was made under and the number of people on the rez. If that's correct, it's not an issue. However if more people show up than are on the rez, that will have to be sorted out at check-in.
Yes, but go to the check in podium as soon as it opens in order to give them time to straighten it out.
No, they will not know, again, tell them at check in that you're travelling with another party. We can work miracles at check in, just gives us the time to do it.

Thank you so much! I know your retirement is approaching, but I'm so glad you take the time to monitor this thread. I really appreciate it! :)

11 Days until we are at WDW! And 19 days until our SWAGS party! (9/25). We're really looking forward to it! It'll be the last hurrah before we head home on 9/26.

Will you be at the 9/15 party, @FastPasser. ? DH and I will be there, but I wasn't sure if you work weekend events or not.
Generally I don't but as it's my last month, I may.
Oh! Well we’d love to see you if you’re there!
I'll check in with you if I'm going to be there.
I know you haven't generally worked weekends, but I can't believe I'm going to miss you by 5 days.
One less Guest that I'll be able to annoy and harass, that saddens me.

I finally bit the bullet and bought tickets. I was so back and forth about the cost because I had to buy 9 tickets since my mom and Dad are going with us.

We are celebrating my 17 year olds one year alive. Last year, on his 16th birthday, he was riding with a friend on a Kawasaki 4 seater utility vehicle, and the friend lost control. It landed on my son and basically crushed everything between his neck and hips. His spine was broken in 7 places, scapula crushed, ribs broken in 12+ places, liver crushed, one lung crushed one lung punctured, they had to remove the crushed lung, hips crushed, several other internal injuries I won’t get into. Anyway, he was on life support and in the ICU for 6 weeks. We were pulled aside 3 separate times and told that he was probably not going to make it. Well, he made it and has gone through lots of therapies and surgeries, and is a walking, talking miracle. You wouldn’t even know what he has been through this last year by looking at him or talking to him.

One of the things my son told me was that when he was laying in the field, feeling like he was drowning because he couldn’t breathe and in so much pain, he had his life memories start playing before him. He saw the trips we took him on as a kid and it brought him Peace in the middle of the pain. It has been 6 years since we have been to Disney. We have never done FP+, and every park has a new ride or land since we have been. We are so excited. If any other Disser’s are there on 09/24, that is the day we are going to the Star Wars dessert party.

I finally bit the bullet and bought tickets. I was so back and forth about the cost because I had to buy 9 tickets since my mom and Dad are going with us.

We are celebrating my 17 year olds one year alive. Last year, on his 16th birthday, he was riding with a friend on a Kawasaki 4 seater utility vehicle, and the friend lost control. It landed on my son and basically crushed everything between his neck and hips. His spine was broken in 7 places, scapula crushed, ribs broken in 12+ places, liver crushed, one lung crushed one lung punctured, they had to remove the crushed lung, hips crushed, several other internal injuries I won’t get into. Anyway, he was on life support and in the ICU for 6 weeks. We were pulled aside 3 separate times and told that he was probably not going to make it. Well, he made it and has gone through lots of therapies and surgeries, and is a walking, talking miracle. You wouldn’t even know what he has been through this last year by looking at him or talking to him.

One of the things my son told me was that when he was laying in the field, feeling like he was drowning because he couldn’t breathe and in so much pain, he had his life memories start playing before him. He saw the trips we took him on as a kid and it brought him Peace in the middle of the pain. It has been 6 years since we have been to Disney. We have never done FP+, and every park has a new ride or land since we have been. We are so excited. If any other Disser’s are there on 09/24, that is the day we are going to the Star Wars dessert party.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to your son and family, but it's so wonderful he is doing well now. I hope you guys have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter