**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Do you have a suggestion for when early March dates will be posted? And does this even only run on certain days of the week?
The first page has tracked when the dates opened historically. No sooner than 90 days that I can remember, and usually more like 60.

Just saw this on twitter... I LOVE SW, and didn’t realize this was still being performed every day... :oops:

“Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away" Stage Show Going Seasonal at Disney's Hollywood Studios

https://wdwnt.news/18091803
I had this on my list for October......I guess we'll check it out in December instead. Never seen it and the small clip I watched didn't look too terrible.

I had this on my list for October......I guess we'll check it out in December instead. Never seen it and the small clip I watched didn't look too terrible.
My personal opinion: it’s fun to see the characters up close if you happen to catch them as you enter the queue for Star Tours or happen to be walking by. I think if one plans around this and carves out time to arrive on time and watch the whole thing, one may be a tad disappointed. Not a huge deal either way — it’s not like it’s a two hour commitment. :)

Last edited:
Also, the March of the First Order is cutting some troopers and will only have 10 total starting September 30th.

I did this party last September solo, and last week with my family. Wow, it was so much better last week!!! The assigned tables were wonderful, not to mention the chairs. And the seating area, while a bit close, it was so amazing to be able to sit on the ledge and stretch out to enjoy the show!

I will be there, see you at the check in podium.[/QUOTE]

I am so excited that you will be there!! We leave tomorrow for our trip!!I do have a question. I'm sure I will end up pushing Dylan around in a wheelchair halfway through the days as he gets exhausted a lot easier, and when he overexerts himself, he still deals with pain in his upper back where he had all of his spine fractures. He refuses to take pain meds, because the side effects are worse for him then the pain, so I do worry about overdoing things with him. He may surprise me though and not need one. My question is about the tables. If Dylan does need a wheelchair, will there be space at the table for one? Do they fit under the table? or are the tables counter height and too high for a wheel chair? I'm thinking we could just put his chair next to us and he can put his plate in his lap, but is there enough space between tables for chair? Sorry for all of the questions. And we check in at the podium at 7:00, right? The park hours say that HS closes at 8:00.

I will be there, see you at the check in podium.

I am so excited that you will be there!! We leave tomorrow for our trip!!I do have a question. I'm sure I will end up pushing Dylan around in a wheelchair halfway through the days as he gets exhausted a lot easier, and when he overexerts himself, he still deals with pain in his upper back where he had all of his spine fractures. He refuses to take pain meds, because the side effects are worse for him then the pain, so I do worry about overdoing things with him. He may surprise me though and not need one. My question is about the tables. If Dylan does need a wheelchair, will there be space at the table for one? Do they fit under the table? or are the tables counter height and too high for a wheel chair? I'm thinking we could just put his chair next to us and he can put his plate in his lap, but is there enough space between tables for chair? Sorry for all of the questions. And we check in at the podium at 7:00, right? The park hours say that HS closes at 8:00.[/QUOTE]
they have designated wheelchair accessible tables at the party

My question is about the tables. If Dylan does need a wheelchair, will there be space at the table for one? Do they fit under the table? or are the tables counter height and too high for a wheel chair? I'm thinking we could just put his chair next to us and he can put his plate in his lap, but is there enough space between tables for chair?
As Yulilin3 posted, there are ECV/WC accessible tables, but it's not that the tables are different from the other tables, it's that they locate them so that there is at least one unobstructed side and are easily accessed by ECVs and WCs.

Another thing is if you don't think he'll need the chair for the party but are bringing it just in case, there are loaner wheelchairs for the party.

And we check in at the podium at 7:00, right?
The advertised start time is 7:00, however there is a "Surprise & Delight" and so the party actually starts at 6:45. Guests can check in and get their credentials much earlier than 6:45 if they wish just to get it out of the way, but there is no advantage. If you want to maximum your party time, I would check in between 6:35 and 6:45.

I've messaged you with a few questions.

As Yulilin3 posted, there are ECV/WC accessible tables, but it's not that the tables are different from the other tables, it's that they locate them so that there is at least one unobstructed side and are easily accessed by ECVs and WCs.

Another thing is if you don't think he'll need the chair for the party but are bringing it just in case, there are loaner wheelchairs for the party.

The advertised start time is 7:00, however there is a "Surprise & Delight" and so the party actually starts at 6:45. Guests can check in and get their credentials much earlier than 6:45 if they wish just to get it out of the way, but there is no advantage. If you want to maximum your party time, I would check in between 6:35 and 6:45.

I've messaged you with a few questions.

Thank you so much. We will get there between 6:35 and 6:45!!! I responded to your questions. :D

I am so excited that you will be there!! We leave tomorrow for our trip!!I do have a question. I'm sure I will end up pushing Dylan around in a wheelchair halfway through the days as he gets exhausted a lot easier, and when he overexerts himself, he still deals with pain in his upper back where he had all of his spine fractures. He refuses to take pain meds, because the side effects are worse for him then the pain, so I do worry about overdoing things with him. He may surprise me though and not need one. My question is about the tables. If Dylan does need a wheelchair, will there be space at the table for one? Do they fit under the table? or are the tables counter height and too high for a wheel chair? I'm thinking we could just put his chair next to us and he can put his plate in his lap, but is there enough space between tables for chair? Sorry for all of the questions. And we check in at the podium at 7:00, right? The park hours say that HS closes at 8:00.
they have designated wheelchair accessible tables at the party[/QUOTE]

Thank you!! :)

Making a quick weekend trip, just the kids and I, in October. I am so excited to see all of the changes to the dessert party, even though I thought it was pretty incredible last year. I have seen posts that there is now assigned seating inside by the food, how does that work? Is it weird to do this party with just DD 10 and DS 4? They are both HUGE Star Wars fans but have never done the party. Thanks!

I have seen posts that there is now assigned seating inside by the food, how does that work?
Tables are preassigned before the party. After checking in outside the Launch Bay, you'll head inside to the party venue at the appropriate time and if you happen to be attending within the next two weeks, a distinguished older gentleman, me, may inform you of your table number. He may also harass and annoy you once everyone is seated.

and if you happen to be attending within the next two weeks, a distinguished older gentleman, me, may inform you of your table number. He may also harass and annoy you once everyone is seated.
Any chance you will be at the Oct 4 party? Technically 2 weeks and a day...just wondering-all your advice and words of wisdom about the party have been invaluable! :)

Tables are preassigned before the party. After checking in outside the Launch Bay, you'll head inside to the party venue at the appropriate time and if you happen to be attending within the next two weeks, a distinguished older gentleman, me, may inform you of your table number. He may also harass and annoy you once everyone is seated.

I would LOVE that, but we are going to be at the 10/13 party :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter