**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Speaking of JTA - how have signups been recently? Our HS day is after MNSSHP, so we will not make rope drop (hoping to arrive between 10 and 11). Still a chance to get in, or should we not even bother trying?

We just did it on 10/7. There were EMH hours in place so my husband took my son to sign up. He went to the old sign up spot first and so was a few minutes late getting there. His text to me was at 8:09. The earliest he could get was the 11 am slot.

By that showtime, all the slots were full for the rest of the day.

This was the Sunday of a holiday weekend so that probably had something to do with it.

We just did it on 10/7. There were EMH hours in place so my husband took my son to sign up. He went to the old sign up spot first and so was a few minutes late getting there. His text to me was at 8:09. The earliest he could get was the 11 am slot.

This was the Sunday of a holiday weekend so that probably had something to do with it.
Thank you. We’ll be there on a non EMH Thursday, so hopefully that will up our odds, but your experience is exactly what I’m worried will happen!

Ok, just reviewed the last 25 pages or so, let me know if my summary below sounds accurate.

Dessert party changed in July.
There are now some savory items (cheese, charcuterie, hummus, and flat crackers) in addition to desserts.
Desserts are not Star Wars-themed anymore.
It includes a few adult beverage options: 3 mixed drinks, 3 beers, a red wine and a white wine.
There are now assigned tables and seating during the dessert portion.
You still get a souvenir stein.
There isn't a meet and get, but at that time it's not hard to meet the Launch Bay characters.
You are walked from the desserts at Launch Bay to a platform (?) in front of the Chinese Theater.
The view of the show and fireworks is good and not crowded.
Only issue with the view is that it's a little too close to the Chinese theater.
Thank you for this! I started and just got overwhelmed, there is quite a bit of great SW stuff that is unrelated to the Galactic Dessert Party per se.
I don't know if Yulady reads all the posts, but wow, it would be wonderful to break the thread down into specific topics. There is so much for a SW fan to wade through here! 900 pages and counting!:)

Well former SWaGS dessert party attendees, going all the way back to when it took place outdoors. It's been great fun meeting many, many of you face to face and selecting many of you as the "Guide family of the night". Last Saturday night was my last SWaGS party and as usual I selected the family. It was also my last night as a CM. I chose to spend the last week doing dessert parties by the WS Lagoon at Epcot and at the Launch Bay. Unfortunately for you, I'm now retired from Disney but not from here, so I'll still be here to harass and annoy you.

I never got to "meet" you face to face, though we did probably interact at some point. We did the party in August 2016, which was before I was aware of you posting on here. Thank you for the insider info that you've provided it is much appreciated. Enjoy your retirement.

Edit: fix context.

Last edited:
Well former SWaGS dessert party attendees, going all the way back to when it took place outdoors. It's been great fun meeting many, many of you face to face and selecting many of you as the "Guide family of the night". Last Saturday night was my last SWaGS party and as usual I selected the family. It was also my last night as a CM. I chose to spend the last week doing dessert parties by the WS Lagoon at Epcot and at the Launch Bay. Unfortunately for you, I'm now retired from Disney but not from here, so I'll still be here to harass and annoy you.
Thank you, FP, for all your help here on this thread, as well as over the years here on the dis. Looking forward to seeing you continue here on the dis, maybe not with quite as much insider info, but I'm willing to bet you will still have your connections. :ssst:

Enjoy your well deserved retirement, enjoying life with your wife and family. :cloud9: You've had a good run.

I, along with many here, appreciate all you have done over the years. These two little guys, Jeremy and Christopher, appreciated your knowing some of the folks on the Dark Side. :darth: My daughter, Natalie, and I do also.

:thanks:Enjoy, FP, and thank you.

20170819_211738_zpsohmx90zu.jpg

Has anyone heard of “star war days” at HS. And what exactly is this. Thanks

There used to be Star Wars Weekends, but I think 2014 was the last year for that. I don't think there will be anything like that again. There may be more info in the previous Star Wars thread that @yulilin3 also started a couple of years ago. They sometimes have special things going on in the park, like food, pins, shirts, for events like May the Force and May the Sith (5/4 & 5/5).

@kat_lh Where is the new sign up spot? We are looking to go to TS EMM then right to sign up (since DD is too small for TOT and RNRC).

I have some quick questions about the Star Wars dessert party. I tried to search but it is really overwhelming this thread :) Or it is probably just me.

We are thinking of going Saturday, Oct. 27 and the ticket we are thinking about say 7:00. Does that mean we check in at 7:00? What time are the fireworks?

Is there seating now while you eat the desserts?

Is there seating while we watch the fireworks?

Are the desserts and such unlimited?

Thank you so much....

I have some quick questions about the Star Wars dessert party. I tried to search but it is really overwhelming this thread :) Or it is probably just me.

We are thinking of going Saturday, Oct. 27 and the ticket we are thinking about say 7:00. 1. Does that mean we check in at 7:00? What time are the fireworks?

2. Is there seating now while you eat the desserts?

3. Is there seating while we watch the fireworks?

4. Are the desserts and such unlimited?

Thank you so much....

I'll take a stab, others will correct or elaborate if I'm wrong :-)

1. 7:00 is when the party starts, you can actually check in quite a bit earlier and in reality usually the party actually starts at 6:45 and you can get in then. The show is later - I didn't look on the Disney site to see what time it is your night, probably 8:30 I'm thinking.

2. Yes, there is seating now inside the Launch bay while you eat desserts.

3. No seating outside in the viewing area, except a small curb in the back that one row of people can sit on (also only works if the people in front of you sit as well)

4. Unlimited desserts and drinks. You can also take some out to the viewing area with you if you like.

Have fun!

do you think there will be a Galactic nights Dec. 20, 2019? I have to plan my December trip next year in January and AP renewals. I was not sure with it being close to Christmas and Galaxy Edge opening if they would still have it.

do you think there will be a Galactic nights Dec. 20, 2019? I have to plan my December trip next year in January and AP renewals. I was not sure with it being close to Christmas and Galaxy Edge opening if they would still have it.
I think once SWGE opens Galactic nights will change or go away.

Is there still interest in another review from a DIS newbie? I haven't posted here before, but have been lurking on the thread and always enjoy reading the reviews.

My husband and I attended Oct. 22. Unfortunately, this was not my favorite event; I probably wouldn't do it again, although I would try another dessert party. That said, there were still lots of good elements, let me break it down.

Good
  • 'Seating' for the show was amazing. We sat in the back per recommendations on this board and had a great view; luckily no one stood up, we all just sat on the ground. It felt like the show was being put on privately for the party because there was no one else in front of us
  • There was a surprisingly good selection of non-dessert foods (a whole table just for this)
  • Drinks were good. I loved the margarita and could taste the tequila. The 'mix' was pre-made, but the alcohol was added separately. When I got my 'last call' drink, they gave me a bigger cup than they had been giving out during the party, so I had plenty to take with me to the show
  • Food was pretty good - lemon/citrus dome was my favorite, my husband preferred the nutella dessert
  • There was seating
  • Cast members at the event were super nice and very on top of clearing the tables of old plates and cups
  • Meeting Kilo Ren was awesome, although he had a short wait even for non-party guests
  • Stormtroppers were not just passing through, they were in the party interacting with guests
Not so good
  • I did not actually like the show that much (had not seen it before). It was good to see once, but I wouldn't necessarily want to see it again. I just like classic Disney and Star Wars more than the new films I guess?
  • I wish there was a little more variety of desserts. That seems complain-y but there were lots of cupcakes and domes. The frozen nutella and bread pudding were cool though. The main problem was there was almost nothing crunchy
  • It was hard to move around. I would've liked to eat some then walk around then eat some more. It felt a little to crowded/short to do this
  • Sitting with random people - the people we sat with were nice enough, but it was still awkward and one of them was a little complain-y about the value of the event for the cost, which you should really not even think about while you are at the party
  • Blue milk dessert
  • Not sure what to do with my stein, although I'm glad I got Darth Vader
  • Did not have time to visit Chewy or BB-8, lines were still quite long at the end of the day
If I had a do over, I would check in then meet BB-8 and/or Chewy without worrying about getting the 'max party time'. I can eat enough to be stuffed relatively quickly, I didn't need to be in the party space the whole time and was getting antsy at the end, especially since it was really hard to move around with all the tables. I would also schedule this earlier in the vacation so I would have more appetite for a buffet of desserts. I would say it would still be worth it if you liked the show, which is why I would try another dessert party for a show I like more. I would actually do this one again if they gave me priority seat to Fantasmic instead lol! Sorry, hope this wasn't too much of a downer!

@MalamuteMom any and all reviews are appreciated.
I do like to remind people that the meet and greets other than Kylo are not included in the party, so if they are a priority try and do it earlier in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter