**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

DH and I are super excited to have this dessert party on our upcoming trip. We've been before (once way back when it started and the party was standing tables out on the Plaza and then since they've moved it to the launch bay).

Our party is on February 2, and we also have tickets to the DAH. I'm wondering if anyone can help me plan the timing. Should we wait to get our DAH bands (not available until 7) after the dessert party and fireworks and check in at 6:45, or would we be safe to go get our bands first and check on for the party a little late? Some previous threads mention pre-assigned tables, which I don't remember from past parties, but if that's true, it seems like it wouldn't matter when we get there.

We were there on Monday and we had a pre-assigned table.

Sorry... I may have not been paying attention because I didn't have a trip coming up that we'd be able to do the SW dessert party - but NOW I DO....

I talked my hubby into a 45th anniversary trip that can take advantage of the room-only discount recently offered, so we'll be there in late September. Any idea if the dessert party will still be running then? He's never gone to a dessert party, and I'd love to have him do it before it's gone.

Thanks....

Last edited:
Some previous threads mention pre-assigned tables, which I don't remember from past parties, but if that's true, it seems like it wouldn't matter when we get there.
That's correct
Any idea if the dessert party will still be running then?
I can envision it being discontinued in it's current form and location due to GE opening. I suspect that it will still be offered in Sept. I'll ask.

We were there on Monday and we had a pre-assigned table.

What was the souvenir? Last time we attended it was a Captain Phasma stein. Thanks!

Would love to know what the souvenir is too. I booked this party for 2/2 once I realized Disney had scheduled an after hours party at DHS for our day at DHS... thereby potentially increasing the crowds for the show. The reason I booked is mainly to get a good spot for the fireworks for our party of 7. But I’d like to get a cool souvenir for the kids too!

Does anyone know if there is seating while you watch the fireworks or is only standing? My DS can't stand for long periods of time. Thanks

Does anyone know if there is seating while you watch the fireworks or is only standing? My DS can't stand for long periods of time. Thanks
Each time we've been, the viewing area is standing only. It sounds like they may give you seats during the actual dessert party now, which will be nice. CMs will lead your group from the party area to the viewing area a bit before the show starts, and you'll stand in that area until and through the fireworks.

If it's a mobility issue, would it be worth renting an EVC for the evening? I think they let those using scooters to stay on them during the show.

Each time we've been, the viewing area is standing only. It sounds like they may give you seats during the actual dessert party now, which will be nice. CMs will lead your group from the party area to the viewing area a bit before the show starts, and you'll stand in that area until and through the fireworks.

If it's a mobility issue, would it be worth renting an EVC for the evening? I think they let those using scooters to stay on them during the show.
Thanks! My DW will have a EVC but DS is stubborn and refuses it! KIDS!

For the last three months the site added the month on the 18th. I am impatiently waiting for the first week. I don’t even want Star Wars day.

I’ll keep checking every day.

they also have the push wheelchairs if that would be a little easier for him to use. You could rent one for a day and it is considerably less expensive than the scooter.
Good point. If anyone needs a wheelchair at the party or for the viewing of the show, they are available free of charge. Just ask a party CM. They always have a couple standing by just for that purpose.

In September 2018, everyone sat on the ground since there is no seating. It was a Darth Vader Stein as the souvenir at that time. That was a fun dessert party. I would definitely do it again.

The viewing area is not exclusively for party guests, it's shared with SW tour guests, invited Guests and VIP Guests. If the party is sold out and a lot of the people who took the SW tour show up and if any other Guests have been invited, which is common, it will be standing room only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts