***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I take this as good news! I know that people were waiting for this announcement and there must be some who were thinking of traveling for the opening in WDW and will postpone to go when both rides are open. It has to mean a slightly less crowded time then was originally predicted! At least, that is what I am going with :cool1:

So do we think end of Oct should be less crowded? We are planning to go then if Disney ever releases discounts. We don't particularly care about SWGE and were going to skip HS all together. Now I am thinking maybe we will be past the first rush of crowds and before the second rush??

We just checked for our Thanksgiving - Dec 7th stay, and no value resorts at all avail. Cheapest at $576/night at Boardwalk. But I supposed not only is this news just out, but we could be in that time period that no one intends to move back... since it's Thanksgiving holiday, and extended vacations hits the Dec. 5th date. Instead of feeling lucky to have 2 days of RoR open, I kind of wish it was open in Nov. or past our stay entirely

We just checked for our Thanksgiving - Dec 7th stay, and no value resorts at all avail. Cheapest at $576/night at Boardwalk. But I supposed not only is this news just out, but we could be in that time period that no one intends to move back... since it's Thanksgiving holiday, and extended vacations hits the Dec. 5th date. Instead of feeling lucky to have 2 days of RoR open, I kind of wish it was open in Nov. or past our stay entirely
Pop Warner is during that time so it’s possible that’s why you aren’t seeing value resorts available

Pop Warner is during that time so it’s possible that’s why you aren’t seeing value resorts available
Are you headed to WDW sometime soon as well? I think we both got back from around the same time from Tokyo - believe it was your posts I was following.

checked for Dec 4th through 6 and only the deluxe show some availability
My wife just said we're not changing our vacation times, so I guess it's futile to consider a different time frame. So I have Dec. 5th and 6th as possible days (flying out 7th). How would you initially approach planning one of those days... get there really early via uber, not disney buses, and don't plan on making HS a park#2?

Are you headed to WDW sometime soon as well? I think we both got back from around the same time from Tokyo - believe it was your posts I was following.
We actually moved to Florida like a week after getting back from Japan lol. So we bought APs and have been taking weekend trips here and there.

Congrats! would be pretty awesome
It’s been so amazing! Dh says like every other weekend that he wants to drive over and go to Disney lol. We’re going tomorrow night for one night. I’m very excited about SWGE but I think Dh is more excited

I’m happy too! I hope this means crowds will be low for our September trip in WDW!

I really hope you are right. I tried to book a Bounceback when I was there in July and there was nothing but 2 bedroom suites during the third week of September. Hope it’s jusy because they are nixing the offers not because it is insanely busy.

My wife just said we're not changing our vacation times, so I guess it's futile to consider a different time frame. So I have Dec. 5th and 6th as possible days (flying out 7th). How would you initially approach planning one of those days... get there really early via uber, not disney buses, and don't plan on making HS a park#2?
exactly. If you can go over on the 6th better, that way they have day one under their belt

I really hope you are right. I tried to book a Bounceback when I was there in July and there was nothing but 2 bedroom suites during the third week of September. Hope it’s jusy because they are nixing the offers not because it is insanely busy.
I am going with the theory that Disney was just being chintzy with their BB offers rather than so many rooms being booked. Hoping that some that booked in September-November really want to experience both SWGE attractions so will move their trips to after December 5th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter