***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

We had the week right after that booked at the BoardWalk, but had to cancel it today (because on some weird DVC points related issues).

UPDATED: Okay well actually I rebooked one night at Saratoga Springs that week.

Last edited:
I’m bummed. Am going to WDW Oct 31- Nov 7th. And realistically didn’t think ROTR would be open for that. However, I’m then going to DL - Nov 16-21st where I was really hopeful it would be open.

I’m really feeling like someone needs to give Disney some calendars or something for Christmas. “Late fall” (slated WDW opening) is NOT August 29th and “January 2020” is NOT “later this year”.

I’m bummed. Am going to WDW Oct 31- Nov 7th. And realistically didn’t think ROTR would be open for that. However, I’m then going to DL - Nov 16-21st where I was really hopeful it would be open.

I’m really feeling like someone needs to give Disney some calendars or something for Christmas. “Late fall” (slated WDW opening) is NOT August 29th and “January 2020” is NOT “later this year”.
Disney did change fro late fall to fall before they announced official dates. This is also not the first time attractions have missed dates or been delayed. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway was Fall 2019 and is now Spring 2020

Disney did change fro late fall to fall before they announced official dates. This is also not the first time attractions have missed dates or been delayed. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway was Fall 2019 and is now Spring 2020

And absolutely, credit where credit is due- at least I’m not going to be standing in a line for 10 hours for a ride that keeps going down (ala Universal and Hagrid’s) - there’s obviously an issue and it’s being addressed before they open. I would rather it be closed than waste my time on something not ready.

But, I just can’t help but feel there’s a construction fault at play here in Anaheim. It’s a very long time between planned opening and actual opening. It’s an identical ride - it’s not an operating fault - you work out one, you work out both. There’s a reason Anaheim has been put in the “too hard” basket but WDW is all good to go (relatively) when planned.

I really wanted to see ROTR but looks like we'll miss it by a few weeks, we'll be at HS 11/14. Any chance they will have a secret soft opening that early? lmao a girl can dream haha

Some of that is also due to Pop Warner which eats up the values and possibly some moderates starting the 6th.
Agreed. I was trying to book a bounceback during this time period months ago and had very limited options from Disney. I had to go to a TA to secure something that worked.

Some of that is also due to Pop Warner which eats up the values and possibly some moderates starting the 6th.
I went this past December around the same time tho when Pop Warner was going on and it was nothing like this showed though. There was way more availability

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter