***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

People just want properly designed lands. They knew about the need for shade so they couldve just designed in thematically appropriate shade. Especially since they’ve tried to push the land as beyond immersive.

But other than those new looking tables I think everything fits in fine ... I mean a junkyard that got extra customers would just set up umbrellas etc and most of the other tables look like made out of scrap and stuff

Personally I think using BIC pens to sign checks and listing "Powerade" on drink signs breaks the immersion way more than this

But then you have people who think the CMs in character is too much. You can’t really win.
I think you can. The YouTuber Pammie was talking about Whispering Canyon yesterday, and her husband made the point that their server gauged her patrons and toned down the character which she was expertly playing at first to accommodate his preference for less of that. Right now, I have to believe the SWGE CMs are frantically trying to learn how to be their characters. Eventually, they'll get better at it and the best of them will find their own way to gauging who they're talking to and adjusting themselves to match.

I think you can. The YouTuber Pammie was talking about Whispering Canyon yesterday, and her husband made the point that their server gauged her patrons and toned down the character which she was expertly playing at first to accommodate his preference for less of that. Right now, I have to believe the SWGE CMs are frantically trying to learn how to be their characters. Eventually, they'll get better at it and the best of them will find their own way to gauging who they're talking to and adjusting themselves to match.
Cm at GE are actually scored on a daily basis not only on ride efficiency/ sales goals/ maintaining the land clean but also on story telling. The cm that goes with the flow and only does "the job" but doesn't inject or plays the story will get negative remarks.
They are told to not drop story but be helpful. Like If someone asks "where is toy story land" they respond " I've never been but an off worlder told me you can find an answer if you head in that direction"
So they are actually encouraged to put in story as much as possible.

Schedules are out for opening days for CM. My daughter only got one shift (she's part time) from 5:30am to 2:30pm Saturday 31st/ She tells me she is not the one powering up the ride, that process might take up to 2 hours, so I'm assuming they plan to be ready for guests by 5:30 am

Schedules are out for opening days for CM. My daughter only got one shift (she's part time) from 5:30am to 2:30pm Saturday 31st/ She tells me she is not the one powering up the ride, that process might take up to 2 hours, so I'm assuming they plan to be ready for guests by 5:30 am

Does that mean the first shift would come in at 3am as I heard back in June at HS?

Goodness then by all means Disney please put some put some gunny/potato sacks over the umbrellas!
I truly don't know what you mean by this? I'm not saying they don't need shade. I'm saying that it's an obvious issue for FL and having built some wood and fabric awnings (or whatever) into the buildings would have made much more sense in terms of "not breaking immersion"...which is what Disney itself says it wants for this land.

I truly don't know what you mean by this? I'm not saying they don't need shade. I'm saying that it's an obvious issue for FL and having built some wood and fabric awnings (or whatever) into the buildings would have made much more sense in terms of "not breaking immersion"...which is what Disney itself says it wants for this land.

Do we even know in the SW universe that they dont have umbrellas?

Nobody complains about the droid trashcans as I am positive there were none in the SW universe.... ;)

Which cm did you see wear that? Like from where? which area?

Several at Savi’s. It was the only place I waited around long enough to notice. It seemed like the rule was “boots or black shoes with no noticeable logo” but a black logo on black shoes doesn’t hide the logo in the sun.

Several at Savi’s. It was the only place I waited around long enough to notice. It seemed like the rule was “boots or black shoes with no noticeable logo” but a black logo on black shoes doesn’t hide the logo in the sun.
Yeah that's on the coordinators.

Those of you attending previews, can you report back on the time it takes for building the lightsabers and droids? I have Oga’s at 9:10, Savi’s at 10:10 and droids at 11:20. Is that pushing it?

Those of you attending previews, can you report back on the time it takes for building the lightsabers and droids? I have Oga’s at 9:10, Savi’s at 10:10 and droids at 11:20. Is that pushing it?

You will have enough time between Savi's and the Droid depot. The building experience at Savi's takes about 15-20 minutes and I would give another 15-20 minutes for waiting and check-in. The Oga's to Savi's window is a little tight. Even though they only give you 45 minutes (and 2 drinks max), if they are crowded from EEMH, it might take a few minutes to get you in. I would try to check in early for Oga's.

You will have enough time between Savi's and the Droid depot. The building experience at Savi's takes about 15-20 minutes and I would give another 15-20 minutes for waiting and check-in. The Oga's to Savi's window is a little tight. Even though they only give you 45 minutes (and 2 drinks max), if they are crowded from EEMH, it might take a few minutes to get you in. I would try to check in early for Oga's.
Great, thank you so much, will do! We’ll be there for EEMH, so that won’t be a problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter