***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Hello all FL Residsnt dis family of 4..so i have been reading all the great info and trip stories etc. from the board about GE thanks to all..we will be heading for our first GE visit with hopes of ROTR...on dec 5th-8th stayin at AOA for my 5yr old princess who is excited as me for seeing it all at GE may i just ask does anyone know if they will extend or bring back for the ROTR opening any early magic hours/eemh becuase as of now the park hours schedule has nothin for hollywood studios during that 4 day weekend when the ride is slated to open...which means stayin onsite has no advantage for anyone getting a head start on the park which is dissapointing..they have to be planning something?

Took a quick look at the Park Hours, it looks like there are EMH on December 8th (8:00am to 9:00am), park opens for all at 9:00am

Hello all FL Residsnt dis family of 4..so i have been reading all the great info and trip stories etc. from the board about GE thanks to all..we will be heading for our first GE visit with hopes of ROTR...on dec 5th-8th stayin at AOA for my 5yr old princess who is excited as me for seeing it all at GE may i just ask does anyone know if they will extend or bring back for the ROTR opening any early magic hours/eemh becuase as of now the park hours schedule has nothin for hollywood studios during that 4 day weekend when the ride is slated to open...which means stayin onsite has no advantage for anyone getting a head start on the park which is dissapointing..they have to be planning something?

They probably won’t do EMH on opening day. They didn’t for the opening of the land. EMH didn’t start til day 4, so was equal access at first.

They probably won’t do EMH on opening day. They didn’t for the opening of the land. EMH didn’t start til day 4, so was equal access at first.

They did on opening day as posted hours were 6am-10pm, for EVERYONE , 1st 3 days............

As a matter of fact I was walking in GE on the 29th around 5:20AM or so, they even opened it up sooner then the posted time.....such a great day!!

How early are people lining up for the 6 am rope drop? Trying to figure out a good time to get there on friday morning
We were there this morning. Arrived at 5:50 and we were just a little behind the turn off to Rock n Roller Coaster. No need to arrive too early.

Also, for any interested, today they were allowing guests to enter and exit both from the tunnel and TSL. We were thankful for this when our first stop after Batuu was Star Tours.

Sadly the magnetic Porg that sits on your shoulder is currently sold out. :(

I don't have good memories for the past few years at this time. Since DGD went to school (and she's in 6th now) we've avoided this particular time.

Until last year we had been going this time of year (first or second week of Sept) since 2014, I think, until DS was in “real school” which has pushed us to follow the school holidays.

The low room rates, the discounts, the low crowds..... we loved this time of year. Absolutely loved it. In some ways all of my subsequent trips have just been chasing the magic of those few Sept trips. (Bit of hyperbole there, but there’s some truth to it).

Add the massive increase in available park hours and EMHs when compared on a year over year basis, these low crowds really don’t surprise me all that much.

I personally don’t think even a force as big as Star Wars can create major changes to seasonal vacation/travel habits. On the fringes sure, but not in mass. And especially with the “headliner” ride not open.

I’m with you - talk to me Columbus Day weekend and deeper in the fall, then we can judge crowds. I know Disney resort occupancy isn’t an indication of park crowds (only one factor among many), but there is zero availability over my fall break in any Disney resort. None.

But for now, as a theme park fan I’m loving what I’m seeing - all four parks having major draws, tons of open park hours at all four parks (reversing a multi-year downward trend), tons of daily EMHs for those eligible. Lots of special events such as DAHs and MNSSHP.

The AM people should be happy. The PM people should be (reasonably) happy. The EMH people should be happy. The upcharge people should be happy. The Food and Wine people should be happy. Lots of things going on to fit lots of styles.

If only the parks could operate like this year round.

How cool are the stories that have been posted here and other threads about people just “stopping by” the land for a bit to enjoy things. People not having reservations haven't been totally shut out of some experiences. No one is worrying about FPs. Love it all.

I’d much rather read about easy access to the land than people waiting around on the virtual queue, multi-hour ride waits, etc.

Disney will eventually rightsize things if conditions don’t suit their operational plan. Or this is just a Sept blip and we’ll be back to bigger later fall crowds as in year’s past. Time will tell. But for now, none of that really concerns me as it’s beyond my control or ability to have any facts to make any accurate assessment. As a WDW parks fan who enjoys quality park and touring time, I love what I see.

(Sorry Angi, none of this had anything to do with your post, thinking about early Sept just got me going down a rabbit hole as it relates to some recent discussion topics on this thread!) :-)

Wow i totally forgot the park was open to everyone at 6am and there were no emh's for the first 3 days...that stinks since im breaking the bank to stay on site the 5th to the 8th and they will not have any emhs most likely the first 3 days of our trip...it just gives no advantage or a head start to have a family with small kids a chance to get in...we want to be able to wake up knowing its just on site people getting in at those hours..6am to everyone probably means no chance for a family of 4 with younglings to get in cuase people will be lined up overnite...very dissapponting that it appears ROTR opening will be worse crowds than opening phase 1 was...

Opening days should be equal for those who can’t afford to stay on property or don’t need to because they’re local. You should be able to get in. You may need a boarding group though.

Wow i totally forgot the park was open to everyone at 6am and there were no emh's for the first 3 days...that stinks since im breaking the bank to stay on site the 5th to the 8th and they will not have any emhs most likely the first 3 days of our trip...it just gives no advantage or a head start to have a family with small kids a chance to get in...we want to be able to wake up knowing its just on site people getting in at those hours..6am to everyone probably means no chance for a family of 4 with younglings to get in cuase people will be lined up overnite...very dissapponting that it appears ROTR opening will be worse crowds than opening phase 1 was...
Everyone that was at dhs on opening day got in. Either by showing up very early to go in with the first wave or by signing up for the virtual queue and then heading in or by going later in the day and raking into the land.
The system worked perfectly for everyone on opening day and I'm sure it'll be used again on December 5th

Everyone that was at dhs on opening day got in. Either by showing up very early to go in with the first wave or by signing up for the virtual queue and then heading in or by going later in the day and raking into the land.
The system worked perfectly for everyone on opening day and I'm sure it'll be used again on December 5th
Agreed. I opted to be there by 3am opening day, but I really did not need to if my only goal was getting in - I walked into GE at 4pm with no wait.

If Disney did do extensive EMH for opening day, they'd be criticized for not letting locals and people who can't afford to stay on site from experiencing opening day. It's a common refrain on here that Disney is horrible whenever it diverges from their own personal vacation preferences, but Disney can't make everyone happy. Stick around on the Dis long enough and you'll see for every disney decision one person loves, another person hates (e.g. no fastpasses for Smugger's run is the greatest idea ever vs. no fastpasses for Smuggler's run is ruining my vacation).

I believe when the second ride opens we will see the crowds everyone expected. I think many people who are SW fans were waiting till both attractions opened. I personally didn't plan any visits around either ride or the land opening. It just so happened I planned a January trip 2020 at WDW. And as luck has it, I will be going to DL in November, so I can at least see the land there before heading off to WDW in January. I really feel many budgets are a bit tighter these days and folks want to optimize their vacation time, holding off until both rides are open for maximum benefit.

I wondered if someone could critique my strategy. I wondered about doing the following at the end of October, between 6am & 9am. I was thinking of departing hotel at 5:15am via bus. At 6am, go to Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucer (we have a FP for Toy Story Mania later in the day). Then, proceed to Jedi Training registration around 7am. From there, proceed to Galaxy's Edge. I've read that lines for Smuggler's Run drops after the initial rush, so I thought it made sense to enter GE a little later. Thoughts? TIA!

I wondered if someone could critique my strategy. I wondered about doing the following at the end of October, between 6am & 9am. I was thinking of departing hotel at 5:15am via bus. At 6am, go to Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucer (we have a FP for Toy Story Mania later in the day). Then, proceed to Jedi Training registration around 7am. From there, proceed to Galaxy's Edge. I've read that lines for Smuggler's Run drops after the initial rush, so I thought it made sense to enter GE a little later. Thoughts? TIA!
This should work perfectly because MFSR is showing its lower waits around 7:30a - 8:00a. Disney may also be loading all pods, rather than just some, the closer it gets to regular park open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter