***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Finally got to experience GE last weekend (Dorian ruined our opening weekend plans) and it was everything I hoped it would be!! The kids had a blast making droids (though the little buggers talked to each other all night long in our room! LOL) and Savi’s was truly a spiritual experience. We went first at night and were shocked at how empty the land was! We rode MF:SR at 9:00 with only a 40 minute wait (10 pm park close) and were lucky to be placed alone (just the 4 of us) on the ride. My son and husband got to be pilots and hubby was in heaven!! (They actually handed both pilot cards to the kids, but my daughter promptly handed hers over...she had no interest in flying!) Our next trip was during the day and it was a madhouse. I was glad we had visited first at night when we could move around freely and really take it all in! Oga’s was lots of fun, too, even with kids in tow - we were lucky enough to be seated at a table with another family - and the fuzzy tauntaun was truly an amazing experience! Can’t wait to go back when ROTR is open!

special event stunt show in the horizon, I'm assuming for the opening of RotR
Here's Disney's casting call:

Disney Parks Live Entertainment is seeking stunt/action performers from a diverse spectrum of ethnic and cultural backgrounds for an upcoming special event. Actors with a strong background in stage combat, martial arts, parkour or gymnastics are encouraged to attend.

SEEKING THE FOLLOWING ROLES:

Kylo Ren:
6’0” – 6’2 ½“. A menacing Force-sensitive warrior. Confident he will the dark side to rule the galaxy. Stage combat, martial arts or hand-to-hand experience.

Vi Moradi: 5’4” – 5’8”; Black Female; Resistance Spy working under the orders of General Organa. A master of disguise, tough, resilient, with a sharp sense of humor. Leader of resistance covert training operations. Commanding & engaging performer with strong physicality. Parkour, gymnastics or stage combat experience.

Rey: 5’6” - 5’8”; Female, slender build. British accent. Rey is a Jakku scavenger, a survivor toughened by life on a harsh desert planet. Despite dismissing herself as a "no one", she learns that her life is being shaped by the mysterious power of the Force. Stage combat, martial arts or wushu experience.

First Order Officer: 5’7” – 6’3“. A Lieutenant of the First Order deployed to the planet of Batuu. Reports to Kylo Ren.

**Stage combat with swords, martial arts or hand-to-hand experience is a plus.
Candidates should be available for work November 24th – December 6th.

special event stunt show in the horizon, I'm assuming for the opening of RotR
Here's Disney's casting call:

Disney Parks Live Entertainment is seeking stunt/action performers from a diverse spectrum of ethnic and cultural backgrounds for an upcoming special event. Actors with a strong background in stage combat, martial arts, parkour or gymnastics are encouraged to attend.

SEEKING THE FOLLOWING ROLES:

Kylo Ren:
6’0” – 6’2 ½“. A menacing Force-sensitive warrior. Confident he will the dark side to rule the galaxy. Stage combat, martial arts or hand-to-hand experience.

Vi Moradi: 5’4” – 5’8”; Black Female; Resistance Spy working under the orders of General Organa. A master of disguise, tough, resilient, with a sharp sense of humor. Leader of resistance covert training operations. Commanding & engaging performer with strong physicality. Parkour, gymnastics or stage combat experience.

Rey: 5’6” - 5’8”; Female, slender build. British accent. Rey is a Jakku scavenger, a survivor toughened by life on a harsh desert planet. Despite dismissing herself as a "no one", she learns that her life is being shaped by the mysterious power of the Force. Stage combat, martial arts or wushu experience.

First Order Officer: 5’7” – 6’3“. A Lieutenant of the First Order deployed to the planet of Batuu. Reports to Kylo Ren.

**Stage combat with swords, martial arts or hand-to-hand experience is a plus.
Candidates should be available for work November 24th – December 6th.
RotR opening events for sure.

Super interesting article and video on SW.com
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-galaxys-edge-art-and-designAnd an excerpt from Black Spire Outpost book plus map
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-galaxys-edge-black-spire-exclusive-excerptAre we getting Cardinal at BSO? interesting

Quoting this older post because I just finished reading Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire Outpost and wish I had read it before visiting SWGE at DLR. I'll be looking for different things when I visit there at DHS in November, and I think I'll appreciate SWGE even more then. However, I also wish that there was more than the Millennium Falcon to link to the movies - in a way it's kind of unfair for Disney to expect people to read novels in order to appreciate the Imagineers' work, when the movies have been seen by so many. OTOH, maybe we'll see a lot of Batuu in the new movie - I hope so!

So I had my second visit to Batuu (well, third, I guess - I first visited opening day, and then again on Day 2, so I guess this is technically my third visit...). It wasn't great, I'm sorry to say. A lot of that comes down to bringing my teenage son this time - he has High Functioning Autism and has a VERY hard time with crowds, heat, and noise, and all 3 combined is nearly impossible for him. I planned his visit for late Oct. thinking at least the weather would be cooler... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah. No. (We're Floridians; we should know better!) So after a few hours of F&WF at EP, he was already a bit drained by the time we got to DHS. SW:GE wasn't crowded at all, but I swear it felt like WDW turned up the volume on everything in there! I heard much more music all around the area, and the ambient sound felt much louder than it did opening day. My son said the tone of it all, combined with the sound level, made him "feel like it was sucking out all the joy" in him. Ouch. We tried to find a quiet corner in DB7 to eat, but the sound there, too, was really loud. Maybe it just seems louder when there aren't as many people around creating their own ambient buzz? IDK.

We had an ADR at Oga's, but my son only lasted 5 minutes: the noise + being crammed around a table with strangers was too much, so we left before ordering. I kind of expected that might happen, so it wasn't a surprise. It was worth a try and now we know. I still love the place and will go back when I'm visiting solo!

What really felt like was missing to me was the intense level of immersion I felt in the opening days. Then, there were troopers, and Vi, Rey, Kylo, Chewie, First Order officers wandering around ALL the time. I was in GE for hours and it was constant. And the CMs were SO into their roles and the immersion. That was all lacking this 3rd visit. I didn't see any characters until we were leaving, when 2 troopers came out to work the Oga's line. All but one CM with whom I interacted said "Hello!" or "Hi" and looked surprised when I either responded or began with "Bright Suns." I don't lay any blame on the CMs; I suspect maybe it's gotten old, tired, difficult, challenging to keep up with regular (read: not rabid SW fans like they had opening day) Guests all day, every day.

Like I said, I think my experience was colored a lot by my concern for my son and seeing that none of it was resonating in a positive way for him. I'm looking forward to another solo visit in the future to see how it feels on my own, or with friends, again. And it may be that my son will enjoy it more now that it's not all new (new is hard for him, too), and if we visit at a time when it's the only thing we're doing and he's not already hitting his limit from another park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter