***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

This is pretty cool - Rey and Kylo had a lightsaber fight on the rooftops in GE

THAT ^ is what I want to see happening every day in GE!

10000000% love it. Favorite attraction in Orlando now followed by Hagrid's
Gah, it's going to be a loooong wait until I get back to WDW in January!

~~~

Any word or thoughts on wait times for ROTR? Do we have any estimated throughput info yet?

~~~

Any word or thoughts on wait times for ROTR? Do we have any estimated throughput info yet?
so cool. So last night after the dedication ceremony we had a dinner party around the land Every once in a while resistance fighters (in orange jumppsuits) would come and be like "time to hurry, you are needed in the resistance camp" so we would go they would do a little skit. Then they would be like "we need to move to the Tie Echelon, Vi needs sour help" so we went and another skit and then the one in the podracers area, then the last was again ata the resistance camp.
So engaging. I'm here "can we at least have the Resistance fighters walking around the camp during the day"

~~~

there is another thread in this forum where people are reporting from the park

They are doing virtual queue/boarding groups for the ride - so you needed to get a boarding group number in MDE and then they are notifying you when your group can enter the queue and you then have 2 hours to get to the queue once your boarding group is called. So hard to know exactly how long the wait is as there isn't just a fixed queue

By I think 8:30 or so they had a sign out saying all board groups had been distributed for the day, so while I am sure they are being cautious with how many groups they give out, seems like there are enough people in the "virtual" queue to equal waiting the rest of the day at the park

It did go down at least once right at opening but seems to be working ok since then (was doing for like 25 minutes or so)

I had a few quick questions for planning purposes. I assume to join the Boarding group you have to have scanned entry into HS to join the Boarding Group? For instance you couldn't scan into another park then join the Boarding Group (if another park opened earlier, which I know isn't the case right now)? Nor could you join without scanning into the park (i.e. just be physically near HS to join)?

Last edited:

I had a few quick questions for planning purposes. I assume to join the Boarding group you have to have scanned entry into HS to join the Boarding Group? For instance you couldn't scan into another park then join the Boarding Group (if another park opened earlier, which I know isn't the case right now)? Nor could you join without scanning into the park (i.e. just be physically near HS to join)?
Many reported they could join from the security area at DHS so not scanned in but at the park. You can't join if you are at Epcot.

Many reported they could join from the security area at DHS so not scanned in but at the park. You can't join if you are at Epcot.
Thanks, so being near the park might just be enough to join. I'll have to keep an eye on the app while waiting to enter the park then for them to open the boarding groups.

Thanks, so being near the park might just be enough to join. I'll have to keep an eye on the app while waiting to enter the park then for them to open the boarding groups.

It seemed a bit inconsistent with some people saying they could right after bag check but others saying it wasn't in the park ... but does seem to be location / GPS driven more than "ticket scanned"

Let me preface with I am a thrill ride junkie. For example, I rank Flight of Passage well down my list of favorite Disney attractions. So, here goes...

The theming and detail of RotR are classic Disney, amazing and without parallel. As far as a game-changing ride, for me, I can't go that far.

The trackless ride system is great but, in my opinion, no different than Ratatouille at DLP. In fact, I think Ratatouille was a better trackless experience.

The various scenes and the overall immersion are something unique but at the end of the day, the ride impresses but does not overwhelm.

I have to believe, like with so many other Disney pre-show elements, one will tire of much of this ride pretty quickly. Feel free to attack now.

I have to believe, like with so many other Disney pre-show elements, one will tire of much of this ride pretty quickly. Feel free to attack now.
This is the only piece I question. The only pre-show I think people really tire of is Flight of Passage. I have watched several videos of this now and will see it in person soon enough but nothing I have seem leads me to believe I would tire of the pre show aspects. They seem more immersive than many other pre-shows.

They seem more immersive than many other pre-shows.

I'll give you that but how many times can you see the same hologram, have CM's line you up for "interrogation", watch the same pre-show video?

Other pre-shows that I have tired of include FOP, Dinosaur, Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, (I guess Soarin' I can handle)...

Just an observation. We'll see, plan to be back tomorrow morning for a second go. Probably not fair to criticize too harshly after a single experience.

I'll give you that but how many times can you see the same hologram, have CM's line you up for "interrogation", watch the same pre-show video?

Other pre-shows that I have tired of include FOP, Dinosaur, Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, (I guess Soarin' I can handle)...

Just an observation. We'll see, plan to be back tomorrow morning for a second go. Probably not fair to criticize too harshly after a single experience.
I love the dinosaur pre-show. RnRc I usually single rider and it’s short so I don’t always get the full preshow.

I love the dinosaur pre-show. RnRc I usually single rider and it’s short so I don’t always get the full preshow.
The one thing about RnRc is it does work out better if the CMs are doing their jobs and yelling "How about some backstage passes?". If it isn't said by the audience or CM I can't remember if the ending dialogue is moderately different (if not then Aerosmith's response seems weird, but we usually ask if the CM doesn't). My issue with the FOP one is its so long and less about the atmosphere/"story building" and more about just explaining the ride to you while standing in a small room (it's very lecture like, actual similar to Soarin' and Mission Space). But these are also just holding spaces to get on the ride (no post waiting like the "story building" preshows have), similar to the corrals at the Roller Coasters just with someone talking at you.

So is it still easy to walk around GE? I booked the make a light saber thingy at Savi for the end of January in the afternoon and was wondering if getting into the land was difficult or hard to navigate because of the crowds.

So is it still easy to walk around GE? I booked the make a light saber thingy at Savi for the end of January in the afternoon and was wondering if getting into the land was difficult or hard to navigate because of the crowds.

It was extremely crowded yesterday, but not a mob. Just don’t plan on walking anywhere quickly. Path to TSL has been exit only again.

You should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!