***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I posted this on the opening day thread already, but I think it might belong here. Does anyone remember if DAS was available for FoP when it first opened? I want to say no, but I can't remember. And if no, I don't know how long it took before it was finally accepted. My family will be at DW Dec.8-24, and I don't think we'll be able to avoid GE if it's open. My oldest is special needs, and we get the DAS. Has anyone discussed whether they think DAS will be online for GE upon opening? If it opens in Oct. or early Nov., maybe it will by Dec., but I haven't seen anyone discuss this yet. Thanks!

I can’t decide if my first drink at Oga’s should be a Fuzzy Tauntaun or the Carbonite Freeze...

Last edited:
Still lots of missing details about this land. Its always been my understanding that there will be two dining venues Oga's and another one.
If they are going to have a TS restaurant, I think they could or should make it pre fixe to avoid the BOG cupcake issues. I'm sure it will be 2 credits and may even be pre paid like CRT.
Getting a ADR there along with FP's will a good way to avoid the wait line to get into SWGE.

If they are going to have a TS restaurant, I think they could or should make it pre fixe to avoid the BOG cupcake issues. I'm sure it will be 2 credits and may even be pre paid like CRT.
Getting a ADR there along with FP's will a good way to avoid the wait line to get into SWGE.
Great point. I feel like it will absolutely be prix fixe and CRT level or higher price point. A) they can get it and B) need it for crowd control. Otherwise folks will spend hours nursing a Mustafar Lava Cake.

Great point. I feel like it will absolutely be prix fixe and CRT level or higher price point. A) they can get it and B) need it for crowd control. Otherwise folks will spend hours nursing a Mustafar Lava Cake.

If I recall correctly there was talk of the dining having a “show” like element - maybe an animatronic or other performers .... if so they might price it like Hope Dee Doo or the Aloha Luau show

I bet more of a continuous show in order to turn tables faster with a payoff at the end of the meal (like the BOG Beast picture) in order to incentivize people to keep moving...

I had to stop reading, I got so excited. Hate spoiling things for myself though so just had to stop.
Same here. I started reading but didn't realize just how detailed it was. I don't even watch movie trailers. They always show the best scene or funniest line in the movie.

New SW Galaxy's Edge comic book mini series coming in April
https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-star-wars-galaxys-edge-comic-exclusive?cmp=smc|2090706377
Our series will give fans the chance to visit Black Spire Outpost months ahead of voyaging to Batuu in person. Armed with top-secret sketches and information from Walt Disney Imagineering and Lucasfilm, we are keeping this authentic to the spirit of this rich new setting. I’d tell you more, but I already have the death sentence on 12 systems….

WOW. Just wow. This looks absolutely amazing. I was planning on waiting a while to check this land out, but not sure how long I will be able to wait.

WOW. Just wow. This looks absolutely amazing. I was planning on waiting a while to check this land out, but not sure how long I will be able to wait.

You sound like I did back in September. I was all set to just wait a couple years before going, but then I saw a new transport ship placed as part of the scenery and I was done. We bought AP certificates a month later before the price increase and will continue with our plans to visit this May and then make plans to visit again sometime in the next year (possibly more than once!).

New SW Galaxy's Edge comic book mini series coming in April
https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-star-wars-galaxys-edge-comic-exclusive?cmp=smc|2090706377
Our series will give fans the chance to visit Black Spire Outpost months ahead of voyaging to Batuu in person. Armed with top-secret sketches and information from Walt Disney Imagineering and Lucasfilm, we are keeping this authentic to the spirit of this rich new setting. I’d tell you more, but I already have the death sentence on 12 systems….
Like, I can tell you, but then I'd have to kill you...... :rotfl2:

I’m beyond excited for everything Star Wars!!! The first time I saw the
‘Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away’ show I got emotional, so can’t imagine what it will be like walking into SWGE for the first time!!! I’ll definitely be following along!

I’m beyond excited for everything Star Wars!!! The first time I saw the
‘Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away’ show I got emotional, so can’t imagine what it will be like walking into SWGE for the first time!!! I’ll definitely be following along!
I am so glad I'm not the only one! I saw SW: A New Hope with my dad when it came out in the theaters (I think I may have been a freshman in HS). Last friday night we went to our wonderful StL Symphony because they played the score from the entire movie LIVE while the movie played on the big screen in the theater above them. Our daughter gave these tickets to us as a Christmas gift. I hope they do all the movies this way because I am now very spoiled! I totally got teary eyed (and so did my dh)! I know the first time I walk into SWGE I will feel the same emotions!

I am so glad I'm not the only one! I saw SW: A New Hope with my dad when it came out in the theaters (I think I may have been a freshman in HS). Last friday night we went to our wonderful StL Symphony because they played the score from the entire movie LIVE while the movie played on the big screen in the theater above them. Our daughter gave these tickets to us as a Christmas gift. I hope they do all the movies this way because I am now very spoiled! I totally got teary eyed (and so did my dh)! I know the first time I walk into SWGE I will feel the same emotions!

That sounds amazing!!! The songs themselves are so dramatic, it’s hard not to be emotional! Happy you had a great time!
I have always loved Star Wars and was beyond excited when my DS started loving it too! His whole room is Star Wars (and Mets!) we’re very excited for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter