***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Someone just sent me a link to an article that states that SWGE will have a bicoastal, simultaneous opening in June 2019. Are they just confused?

Here's the link to the article:
https://www.recode.net/2019/1/7/181...facebook-nyt-zuckerberg-hospital-amazon-alexa

"...Along with hints about other ride and attraction info, Theme Park Insider pegged June 21-23 as the date that the 14-acre Galaxy’s Edge will open simultaneously in Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., and Hollywood Studios near Orlando, Fla...."

Someone just sent me a link to an article that states that SWGE will have a bicoastal, simultaneous opening in June 2019. Are they just confused?

https://www.recode.net/2019/1/7/181...facebook-nyt-zuckerberg-hospital-amazon-alexa

"...Along with hints about other ride and attraction info, Theme Park Insider pegged June 21-23 as the date that the 14-acre Galaxy’s Edge will open simultaneously in Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., and Hollywood Studios near Orlando, Fla...."
100% false (on the opening at DHS)

Theme Park Insider is really not a good source...

Thanks for starting the thread - will be fun to follow along ....

So when is it opening exactly? ;)

j/k - but is fun to speculate, and how the openings will work (previews - for DVC/APs or paid?)

j/k - but is fun to speculate, and how the openings will work (previews - for DVC/APs or paid?)
I'm certain we will see some form of paid preview, they've done it at Disneyland for guardians mission breakout and Pixar pier

From the Barrons article, it seems that Oga’s Cantina will be primarily a bar with minimal seating. Hopeful that SWGE will include a full table service restaurant, but at this point seems unlikely.

Still disappointed that the Bantha ride not happening, but now my guess is that they feature a bantha animatronic as part of a blue milk stand...would be amazing.

Not unlikely. It WILL have a table service restaurant.

From piecing things together it seems like the table service and Oga's cantina will be one dining location that are connected but also a bit separated/divided - so you can go to the Cantina for a drink and snack, etc. but not have to sit down for a full meal or vice versa ... and that table service area will have a superclub type vibe with entertainment

This was concept art released years ago - so it very well could have changed since then:
aa07dd9bebdea4550620c7357fa8025a45862123v2_hq.jpg

I'm certain we will see some form of paid preview, they've done it at Disneyland for guardians mission breakout and Pixar pier

yeah, would be surprised if not at Disneyland, wondering about Walt Disney World .... also wondering about going forward if they do paid extra magic hours of have a paid tour like they do at Animal Kingdom (basically looking for more guaranteed ways to see the land with lower crowds and get on the rides, even if it costs extra ... and then save $ elsewhere)

From piecing things together it seems like the table service and Oga's cantina will be one dining location that are connected but also a bit separated/divided - so you can go to the Cantina for a drink and snack, etc. but not have to sit down for a full meal or vice versa ... and that table service area will have a superclub type vibe with entertainment

This was concept art released years ago - so it very well could have changed since then:
aa07dd9bebdea4550620c7357fa8025a45862123v2_hq.jpg

Your most likely correct about it being one dining location as the concept art you posted and the Oga’s Cantina concept art has that same feel. Just to be clear, the reason this is still in question is because Disney has never officially stated the exact dining locations except for Oga’s, correct?

Last edited:
I would be extremely surprised if it opens before November
While I would LOVE to be there during the excitement of opening day/week, I almost wish it did open in November so our trip in December won't be as chaotic. Aw, who am I kidding.....it'll still be chaotic.

Ooh, this will be interesting. I'd love a September preview! DVC or AP works for us.

Your most likely correct about it being one dining location as the concept art you posted and the Oga’s Cantina concept art has that same feel. Just to be clear, the reason this is still in question is because Disney has never ofiicialy stated the exact dining locations except for Oga’s, correct?

Correct - they have said there will be table service and a quick service (and the cantina as part of it somewhere) but no real details about what goes where

*crossing fingers that it opens before Nov. 11, 2019*
(the day my Annual Pass expires .. I will take a trip down just to "try" and see it before my AP expires - no desire to be there on opening day.

A VERY long shot .. I figure, but one can hope. I got the AP with the hope to do a 1-2 punch (with a trip in the middle (coming up in March) to see Pandora and Toy Story Land in Nov. 2018 and see at least Runaway Railway and the Skyliner (and maybe SWGE) in fall of 2019.

With the rate things are opening here in the next few years -- I don't think there is a bad time to go and experience something new.

I'm hoping for a November opening as well..... I know winter officially starts on Dec. 21, so "late fall" could be anytime before that - but don't most Americans see Fall as the season before Thanksgiving (the start of the Christmas season (as opposed to July 4th which most retailers now want you to believe), with late fall being the time between Halloween and Thanksgiving?

Has anybody started a poll to guess the opening date with winners getting a special pic for their signature?????? could be fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!