***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I don't know what I want! I have a trip planned early November to Universal, with a one-day visit to DHS in the middle. We haven't been to Toy Story Land yet so we wanted to check it out. I am kinda hoping that Star Wars land isn't open yet because we don't want our one-day visit to be crazy crowded. If it's open do you think it might keep all the "crazy" in just Star Wars land and we can enjoy the rest of the park with less crowds?

Of course I'm also thinking it might be nice to check out Star Wars land for the day! I'm torn. Thankfully, I don't have to decide. Disney will decide for me.

So what are everyone's plans regarding Star Wars land once it opens? Do you plan to spend the entire day in SW only? Or do as much as you can in the whole park? Does it seem that it will be enough to do to keep you there the whole day? I don't know much about it.

So will the initials here be SW or SWGE or GE?

Our family loves Star Wars, but we aren't diehard fans like fans that dress up or go to Comic Con, etc (we do wear SW tees to DHS). I guess I'm worried this addition to the park will bring a ton of people who don't normally do Disney Parks. I see how crowded AK Pandora rides get and I don't think there are any major Avatar fans that come just to go to Pandora, not compared to the amount of fans of Star Wars. And from what I've seen Star Wars fans are like no other fans of anything anywhere.

If Galaxy's Edge is open, expect the entire park to be packed to the gills and possible (probable) phased closures on a regular basis. I'm hoping to attend an early paid preview or something along those lines to get to see it.

If Galaxy's Edge is open, expect the entire park to be packed to the gills and possible (probable) phased closures on a regular basis. I'm hoping to attend an early paid preview or something along those lines to get to see it.

Thanks. See? I know nothing. lol.

Pandora is 12 acres and Galaxy's Edge is 14 acres
Thanks! 14 acres sounds like so much but in reality I guess it's not. When I compare it to my property, which is only 1 acre, it seems like Pandora (no idea what the abbrev is) and GE would be so much bigger. Great use of space I guess!

Thanks! 14 acres sounds like so much but in reality I guess it's not. When I compare it to my property, which is only 1 acre, it seems like Pandora (no idea what the abbrev is) and GE would be so much bigger. Great use of space I guess!

Well, SWGE is the biggest expansion they have ever done, so it is still pretty big. I mean, all of Disneyland, prior to this expansion is only 85 acres, so this addition represents ~16% increase in size

One last question (for now)... Are Disneyland and Disney World's SWGE pretty much the same? Exact same? Similar? Or different rides, etc?

Virtually the same - all the major elements (the rides, the dining, etc) are the same - there may be slight differences in layout and one of the big differences is Disneyland’s will have 3 entrances while WDW’s will only have 2

But basically the same

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that the park (DHS) will close for capacity every day once regular opening happens for SWGE. DHS capacity is around the 75k, Disney is estimating 200k people a day to come FOR SWGE, meaning that it will instantly hit capacity before 10am.
This is why I'm already saving money for any type of paid preview. They did it with Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout ($150) and Pixar Pier ($299)

Do you guys think there will be AP previews of SW:GE? I loved the way they did AP previews for Pandora, but not so much for Toy Story Land (since they were held after the land opened). Any thoughts?

Do you guys think there will be AP previews of SW:GE? I loved the way they did AP previews for Pandora, but not so much for Toy Story Land (since they were held after the land opened). Any thoughts?
I think it will depend on the timeline for when they open. If the land is ready before Thanksgiving or right after we might see a week of previews but if it opens during Christmas I feel they won't and maybe do previews in Jan/Feb

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that the park (DHS) will close for capacity every day once regular opening happens for SWGE. DHS capacity is around the 75k, Disney is estimating 200k people a day to come FOR SWGE, meaning that it will instantly hit capacity before 10am.
This is why I'm already saving money for any type of paid preview. They did it with Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout ($150) and Pixar Pier ($299)
Capacity will go up with this land opening but yes it likely will hit capacity.

Wow. I'm not a big Star Wars fan (especially not the newer movies), but DANG does this sound like an impressive land! Also, did anyone else read that about the hotel? That "Guests visiting the resort will be welcome to participate as a resident of the galaxy by dressing in Star Wars-inspired attire", dude, normalized cos-play, that's wild! It's like the whole land is gonna be one big con where everyone is role playing! Sounds so sweet.

Wow. I'm not a big Star Wars fan (especially not the newer movies), but DANG does this sound like an impressive land! Also, did anyone else read that about the hotel? That "Guests visiting the resort will be welcome to participate as a resident of the galaxy by dressing in Star Wars-inspired attire", dude, normalized cos-play, that's wild! It's like the whole land is gonna be one big con where everyone is role playing! Sounds so sweet.

I think the hotel will be like a "big con" - though they have been careful to word it that guests can participate in the role playing as much or as little as they want

I think how the Land (for regular/non Star Wars hotel guests) is handled will be interesting as you know comic con type people (not WDW regulars) will want to dress up but Disney has limitations on what you can dress up as in the parks (for non-Halloween Party days), etc. and just the mix of people that are major Star Wars fans vs the regular guests who want to check the land out

We had already planned an early December trip and booked rooms. We are huge Star Wars/Disney fans (midnight showings of opening night films, several Star Wars Weekends at DHS, went to last Star Wars Galactic Nights) and are hoping that the land will be open when we are there. My daughter asked me the other night about waiting in line. I try to avoid lines at all cost, but I would wait hours to get into the experience of SWGE. We are staying 9 nights and have the last two mornings planned for SWGE, hopefully with a FastPass for each morning. If it's not open, we will still have a great time, but we are hoping it will be open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!