***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I’ve seen a lot of people saying the pilot is the best position of them all. They are trying to run as full as possible so I’m don’t see why they wouldn’t put a single with a group of 5.

I guess what I am wondering is, are they actually using the Single Rider line?

I have no concrete evidence but I highly doubt they fly it with empty seats just to keep wait times down.

Seems like people with videogame experience would have an advantage here. Hopefully Disney isn't seating really young kids up there :)

They apparently are just handing cards out randomly, but people can swap cards. It's not like you have to sit in the position you are given. Disney doesn't care who sits where. I imagine many families will purposely put their kids in the pilot position because it is in the front.

Yeah, I have seen a lot of criticism. Seems hard to pilot, especially for kids. It does seem strange to have 2 different people controlling movement. One joystick would have been better, I think. The co pilot could handle the throttle, maybe.

We plan to have me and my husband pilot, my 2 sons be gunners and MIL be an engineer.

Does anyone know if they are putting single riders in with parties of 5? Or just letting it run as a party of 5?

The most telling criticism was the "MF might not be as good as Star Tours." Yikes! That's harsh.

I think we (the collectively community) need to give it some time before fully judging. I think expectations are just so high that anything that didn't blow your mind it is view as disappointment. I'd say let them do it a few more times and then go back to Star Tours and re-evaluate

They apparently are just handing cards out randomly, but people can swap cards. It's not like you have to sit in the position you are given. Disney doesn't care who sits where. I imagine many families will purposely put their kids in the pilot position because it is in the front.
everyone wants to be a pilot, from earlier CM previews there was a lady that asked a guy if she could swap because she wanted to be the pilot and the guy said no.
For me I want to be a gunner

everyone wants to be a pilot, from earlier CM previews there was a lady that asked a guy if she could swap because she wanted to be the pilot and the guy said no.
For me I want to be a gunner

Well, no, the CM won't reassign people, but groups can trade amongst themselves. That's what I meant.

Well the reviews I read said the mission where you crash a lot take a tiny bit longer so thats a plus I guess. But Im guessing CMs aren't handing 4 year old the pilot cards. Who knows maybe Im wrong? I would feel sorry for a Star Wars mega fan who got stuck in the back while my daughter ran into every astroid she saw. Ive seen her Mission Space piloting and its not pretty.

Well, no, the CM won't reassign people, but groups can trade amongst themselves. That's what I meant.
yeah she got engineer and this guy got pilot and she asked him to trade and he said no, cause almost everyone wants to be a pilot

Here are my thoughts on the Falcon ride: They wanted to fulfill people’s fantasies of riding on/piloting the Millennium Falcon. If they built something less interactive, people would have been disappointed. If they built something less realistic, but the gunner and engineer could “see,” people would have been disappointed - or angry, because it wasn’t true to the original. If they built a ride experience that fully depended on people’s abilities to pilot it (without any prior training), be the engineer, or be a gunner, people WOULD get very angry/frustrated with other people in the group. So, I feel like they had to balance a lot of demands and come up with the best compromise possible.

I am sure they are going to learn a LOT these next few days, weeks, and months. One idea might be to divide up the guests a la Mission Space - Green Team or Orange Team? Are you the “casual” fan and/or families with young children? Here just for the fun experience? You get grouped with others like you. Are you hyper-competitive, experienced with the ride, really want to up your reputation? You go with others like you. But right now, let’s just get people to experience it!

It kinda hurts my heart to hear reviews like Len’s after all the imagineering, hard work, and time that many, many people put into making guests’ dreams become reality. To say it isn’t much better than Mission Space??? Come on.

Here are my thoughts on the Falcon ride: They wanted to fulfill people’s fantasies of riding on/piloting the Millennium Falcon. If they built something less interactive, people would have been disappointed. If they built something less realistic, but the gunner and engineer could “see,” people would have been disappointed - or angry, because it wasn’t true to the original. If they built a ride experience that fully depended on people’s abilities to pilot it (without any prior training), be the engineer, or be a gunner, people WOULD get very angry/frustrated with other people in the group. So, I feel like they had to balance a lot of demands and come up with the best compromise possible.

I am sure they are going to learn a LOT these next few days, weeks, and months. One idea might be to divide up the guests a la Mission Space - Green Team or Orange Team? Are you the “casual” fan and/or families with young children? Here just for the fun experience? You get grouped with others like you. Are you hyper-competitive, experienced with the ride, really want to up your reputation? You go with others like you. But right now, let’s just get people to experience it!

It kinda hurts my heart to hear reviews like Len’s after all the imagineering, hard work, and time that many, many people put into making guests’ dreams become reality. To say it isn’t much better than Mission Space??? Come on.

I also think it hurts being the only attraction so it has to fullfill everyone's desires where as if RotR we're open then if 1/2 were blown away by that then they might feel more positive about MF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!