***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Idk what SWW is but it sounds neat lol. My dad helped me paint my face like darth maul in high school for homecoming but our colors were orange and black. It was pretty cool
Sww=star wars weekends, a yearly event held at DHS, lasted a month, some years it was longer. You could meet tons of characters, there was a parade, get autographs from actors and actresses and directors, talk shows with actors and hyperspace hoopla to end the night

Darth Vader is back at Launch Bay starting August 29th, 2019.

I am BEYOND thrilled over this! I've only got to do a meet and greet with him once, it was AMAZING! The 8 year old little girl in me that was so scared of him in the movies was so wonderfully terrified-he seemed like he was 10 foot tall, he was so intimidating and so scary and I cannot wait to do that again! And he is just way, way, way better than that puny little grandson of his:p.

I believe it will change to Vader. Love the quilt

I hope so because I have a feeling the lines will be long for him.

@Artax -also love the quilt-what a great idea that is-too bad I don't quilt.

Awesome. We have met everyone but Vader. My kids wanted him so bad for Jedi Training but got Seventh Sister instead. Still cool, but not Vader.

Sww=star wars weekends, a yearly event held at DHS, lasted a month, some years it was longer. You could meet tons of characters, there was a parade, get autographs from actors and actresses and directors, talk shows with actors and hyperspace hoopla to end the night
Yeah, our SWW was the final SWW (#5, 2015). At first, I figured that SWGE would mean no need for SWW. But, in reality, I really don't think it would be Overkill for one weekend a year, whether I early May or not, just to have 1 SWW, or in conjunction with Galactic Nights (which I never experienced). Perhaps it costs "too much" (you know what I really mean) to bring in the stars for the weekend, but at the very least, there can be an I flux of all sorts of characters. Construction in DHS is/will be significantly reduced now that TSL and SWGE are finished/ing. Early May is also before schools are out, so there is still incentive to fill occupancy.

I hope Vader sticks around until next summer because I want to meet him. Emo Ren who killed his father, not so much. I think I said that in line to meet Chewbacca "why would I want to meet the whiny jerkface who killed Han Solo"

So yeah for Kylo's sake, I shouldn't meet him....ever. Unless he somehow redeems himself in the next movie.

But Kylo moving to Batuu makes sense.

Audition call for Disney & Star Wars Characters: Male and Female, 4'8" - 5' and 6' - 6'3", with slender to athletic builds, high-energy, and the ability to animate and tell stories through physical movement.
The first is ewok/jawa size, I'm intrigued Second is obviously Vader or Chewie

Audition call for Disney & Star Wars Characters: Male and Female, 4'8" - 5' and 6' - 6'3", with slender to athletic builds, high-energy, and the ability to animate and tell stories through physical movement.
Maybe we really can quit our jobs and move to Disney.....dh is 6'1" and can already sound like Chewie! Ugh, but I imagine the costume is pretty hot. I dont think he'd go for it.

I think the slender 6' to 6'3" with slender build is Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren. Those heights would make for a short Vader and Chewbacca.

I think the slender 6' to 6'3" with slender build is Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren. Those heights would make for a short Vader and Chewbacca.
Yeah Chewie is the tallest character requirement as far as I know. You’re looking at over 6’3 for him.

Glad to hear that Vadar is back. I have yet to have my picture with him. He was the baddie when I was a kid.

Kylo Ren will be in Galaxy edge area. I still see a lot of kids and adults dressing up as him. I enjoyed the meet and greet with him. But I prefer Vadar. I also really liked my meet and greet with Chewbacca.. Although I kept calling him Chewie

Sorry in advance if I have missed this answer BUT If we stay OFF property in Dec around the 15th....Are we going to be allowed in SWGE in Disney World?

Thanks in advance for any Information

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!