***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

plus, for RotR WDW is getting it first, so the first time anyone anywhere can ride it vs the land and the Falcon ride which was already open somewhere else

That's a very fair point.

I really hope that future lands at WDW and/or DL will learn from this data point. I really get the sense that partially opened lands will be heavily scrutinized in the future.

But what are they comparing? Even if they get half the number of expected guests over the three months that the land is only partially open, and it causes them to have only half the number of expected guests over the first three months that the land is fully open, that's still better than waiting to open the land only after it is completely ready.

I think there are a slew of factors...

DL opened first.
Neither has both attractions yet.
The interwebs did a very effective job of assuming massive crowds, consequently likely scaring a fair number of people off, including DL locals.
Disney itself contributed to this and really limited APs, CMs, etc for the first few weeks.
With the above two, most people are not making last minute trips to either coast, esp in Sept when school is just starting back.
Prices may well be reaching a no-go for a lot of people. Between tickets, food & drink, and souvenirs, even Disney/SW fans have their limits.
Sept is one of WDW slowest months.
Dorian.
There is also possibly something to be said for timeline and having very little to do with the original characters/trilogy.

I don't think GE will be seen as a failure. I do think myriad things came together in weird ways to make the openings unpredictable. I think crowds will surge come Oct, moving forward toward Jan when ROTR opens and onward. Once things even out, I think it will be seen as a success.

DL had annual pass blockouts. WDW had a hurricane. CMs have been blocked, plus it's traditionally still the least crowded time at WDW. plus, I think they are starting to reach saturation with the prices.

Having been there, it doesn't matter to me that it's not about the original trilogy. and I'm old school Star Wars.

plus, for RotR WDW is getting it first, so the first time anyone anywhere can ride it vs the land and the Falcon ride which was already open somewhere else
Yes, I agree. We are going to get a better picture of what fandom is really like once the second ride opens. Also...not just SW fans but folks who love new attractions at Disney, and we are many, because now the land is truly opened. I think with the rising costs of everything these days, many people are waiting to take their trip when the land is fully opened because there are many, who just can't afford two trips so close together. We shall see.

I like your analysis. Many good points. I do think SWGE will be seen as a success as it just adds so much to HS, which was like a dying animal. Disney is also adding so many other new things, apparently anticipating that they will continue to make more and more money.

I like your analysis. Many good points. I do think SWGE will be seen as a success as it just adds so much to HS, which was like a dying animal. Disney is also adding so many other new things, apparently anticipating that they will continue to make more and more money.

Well, it was only in a less than ideal state because so many things had closed to make way for new things that took a long time to open. Before they closed the Backlot Tour, Great Movie Movie Ride, Streets of America, and Lights Motors Action!, it was a wonderful park. Even after that closed and before TSL/GE opened it was still a good park, just not as good. As much as I like SW I still miss the old behind the scenes Hollywood. I wish they would’ve kept and expanded that and just built a new immersive you’re-in-the-movies park for things like SW, TSL, and Pandora.

I was hoping for some more Droid Depot times with the news of all these Oga's and Savi's reservations. I haven't seen any additional reservations pop up LOL
My guess would be that Droid depot is filling its walk-up spots and Savi’s an Oga’s aren’t, so they are releasing walk up spaces to reservations. I expect with Savi’s the “hidden” aspect, price tag, and the perception that it is “sold out” are contibuting to low walk up rates. With Oga’s the lack of food and seating are likely issues. I was surprised when I heard how many spaces they left at each for walk up so I think they just miscalculated.

*edit* because Droid is now available too. I think the same still holds: people like to plan when they go to WDW and I expect more folks would rather have a reservation than leave it to chance whether they can get in.

Last edited:
My guess would be that Droid depot is filling its walk-up spots and Savi’s an Oga’s aren’t, so they are releasing walk up spaces to reservations. I expect with Savi’s the “hidden” aspect, price tag, and the perception that it is “sold out” are contibuting to low walk up rates. With Oga’s the lack of food and seating are likely issues. I was surprised when I heard how many spaces they left at each for walk up so I think they just miscalculated.

*edit* because Droid is now available too. I think the same still holds: people like to plan when they go to WDW and I expect more folks would rather have a reservation than leave it to chance whether they can get in.
HAHA just came back to post I got an earlier time like I wanted. Just gotta keep stalking and reading the boards! Minutes later @suzalini reported they opened up on another thread!! :disrocks:

Last edited:
I’ve been trying to follow the trends over the last 3 weeks, and it seems that 7:30-8:30 am and late evening are the best times to visit GE - is that accurate? We will be visiting in early October (were supposed to be there opening weekend, but Dorian had other plans for us LOL) and am trying to finalize my plans. I realize crowds will be higher then, but I currently have an 8:55 pm Oga’s ADR then plan to line up for SR afterwards. Are they cutting the line in the evenings or are people being allowed to line up right until park close? We also plan to utilize an EEMH morning, arriving around 730/8, so we can see the land during the day as well, and hopefully ride SR again with a minimal wait. I also have Savi’s and Droid Depot booked for both our morning and our evening and was wondering if there was any advantage to doing one over the other? I was thinking evening so we aren’t carrying them around all day, but don’t want to run the risk of them being super behind schedule by that time, either. I’m going to keep tracking wait times as we get closer to travel and crowds pick up, and will tweak as needed, but any other suggestions to make the most of our time on Batuu? TIA!

I’ve been trying to follow the trends over the last 3 weeks, and it seems that 7:30-8:30 am and late evening are the best times to visit GE - is that accurate? We will be visiting in early October (were supposed to be there opening weekend, but Dorian had other plans for us LOL) and am trying to finalize my plans. I realize crowds will be higher then, but I currently have an 8:55 pm Oga’s ADR then plan to line up for SR afterwards. Are they cutting the line in the evenings or are people being allowed to line up right until park close? We also plan to utilize an EEMH morning, arriving around 730/8, so we can see the land during the day as well, and hopefully ride SR again with a minimal wait. I also have Savi’s and Droid Depot booked for both our morning and our evening and was wondering if there was any advantage to doing one over the other? I was thinking evening so we aren’t carrying them around all day, but don’t want to run the risk of them being super behind schedule by that time, either. I’m going to keep tracking wait times as we get closer to travel and crowds pick up, and will tweak as needed, but any other suggestions to make the most of our time on Batuu? TIA!
The last hour is golden, I've been visiting every week, in the evening and the crowds thin out at the end of the night

The last hour is golden, I've been visiting every week, in the evening and the crowds thin out at the end of the night
Perfect, thank you!!!! Any issues lining up for SM right until park close? Trying to figure out what time we will need to leave Oga’s to get on the ride. (Or should I try to do Oga’s s different time and just enjoy the land for that hour? Our ADR is at 855 with 1000 park close)

Perfect, thank you!!!! Any issues lining up for SM right until park close? Trying to figure out what time we will need to leave Oga’s to get on the ride. (Or should I try to do Oga’s s different time and just enjoy the land for that hour? Our ADR is at 855 with 1000 park close)
You can get in line until the park closes, so you should be fine with an 8:55, but I would show up to the reservation a little early in case they don’t seat you right away. You don’t want to have to rush through the experience to get on the ride. They are right next to each other so you only need a couple minutes to leave and get in line.

no issues, you'll be fine

You can get in line until the park closes, so you should be fine with an 8:55, but I would show up to the reservation a little early in case they don’t seat you right away. You don’t want to have to rush through the experience to get on the ride. They are right next to each other so you only need a couple minutes to leave and get in line.
no issues, you'll be fine
Thank you both so much!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!