Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

Hey Guys! My family and I are HUGE Star Wars fans and my son is getting a wish granted by the Make A Wish foundation to go to Disney World, knowing what huge fans we are of SW MAW is sending us during SWW May 29-June 4. I was wondering if any of you guys have any experience going to SWW with Make A Wish. My son is 11, and he's the wish kid, but we'll also be with my 7 year old daughter and 1 year old daughter. We'll have a stroller, and we're hoping to have a blast but I'd love to have tips for kids of this age. What to expect, what to avoid. Thanks!!!!

My son took his Wish Trip in Nov 2012 when he was 3 (almost 4). I don't have any tips for SWW, but feel free to message me with any other questions.

Are y'all staying at GKTW?

You will have an amazing time!!

I'm cancelling a May 23 9:25 am Sci-Fi reservation for 6 and a May 25 4:55 H&V reservation for 6 if anyone is looking :)

I'm cancelling a May 23 9:25 am Sci-Fi reservation for 6 and a May 25 4:55 H&V reservation for 6 if anyone is looking :)

Me!!! I would love the breakfast reservation. I'm on the phone right now with WDW but am on hold.....

In just a few minutes I'm be cancelling the Feel the Force package for 1 adult for Friday, June 13. Hope someone can use it!

Melissa

Hi there... I am kicking myself for not booking the feel the force package :(. If anyone is planning on canceling on June 6th or 7th I would love to snag it, thanks!!

Where is the SWW special fireworks show located? Will there be a Fantasmic that same night also? We will likely park hop one evening and the evening show might be a great thing for us but trying to decide still.

Where is the SWW special fireworks show located? Will there be a Fantasmic that same night also? We will likely park hop one evening and the evening show might be a great thing for us but trying to decide still.

This is the new thread where you can post your questions:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3275083

- fireworks are shot off behind the Hat

- Fantasmic has two shows per night: 9:00 and 10:30

We are going the 1st weekend of June, here are our questions:

Do the resorts do anything SW-related? Or is it solely at HS?
If we stay at AOA are we completely of the way? And would staying at the Swan or Dolphin be worth it for distance? We have a 3yo so AOA's LM rooms would be awesome for her.
Dining Plan 2 credits for the SW Character meals vs paying out of pocket? What makes most sense?

We are 2 adults, 7 yo boy and 3 yo girl.
Thank you!

We are going the 1st weekend of June, here are our questions:

Do the resorts do anything SW-related? Or is it solely at HS?
If we stay at AOA are we completely of the way? And would staying at the Swan or Dolphin be worth it for distance? We have a 3yo so AOA's LM rooms would be awesome for her.
Dining Plan 2 credits for the SW Character meals vs paying out of pocket? What makes most sense?

We are 2 adults, 7 yo boy and 3 yo girl.
Thank you!

specrn - yes! as Itinkso has linked, please visit us on the new 2015 SWW thread for up to date information on next year.

but to answer your questions:
No, the resorts do not really do anything SW related aside from some very limited merchandise in the gift shops such as vinylmations.

Staying at the Swan Dolphin is an excellent choice for convenience; nice rooms w/heavenly beds; a great pool area; a 24hr quick service restaurant and easy access to two parks.

The LM rooms are a pretty far walk to get to at AoA.
But this is a personal decision. Alot depends on your needs - staying offsite (swan/dolphin) vs onsite - which offers magical express; various meal plans; refillable mugs; the landscape of flavors food court; Disney theming and cm's. I would recommend having your own vehicle if you choose AoA.

good luck with your plans.

We are going the 1st weekend of June, here are our questions: Do the resorts do anything SW-related? Or is it solely at HS? If we stay at AOA are we completely of the way? And would staying at the Swan or Dolphin be worth it for distance? We have a 3yo so AOA's LM rooms would be awesome for her. Dining Plan 2 credits for the SW Character meals vs paying out of pocket? What makes most sense? We are 2 adults, 7 yo boy and 3 yo girl. Thank you!
AoA isn't far from HS but you have to take a bus. The LM section is the farthest section from the bus stop but I'm sure you expect to walk at Disney. Swan and Dolphin are nice but I hate the resort fees. It's not worth it to me even though you can walk to HS or take the boat. Idk about SW character meal. I wanted to do one until I saw the price!! GEEZ!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter