***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

When reading about ADRs for CP I saw that there's first come first serve seating for the CP itself if you don't do the package. Has anyone tried that before? Do you just show up somewhere and they tell you if you if there's space?
There is a standby line you can get into and depending on the narrator you may get in or you may not. Last year for NPH there were people in line at 11am for the 5pm show. It was crazy to see.

I got Biergarten for the late show with NPH. If I got in line 45 mins before show, would that be ok. I don't care to sit up close. Just got package so I could sit

I got Biergarten for the late show with NPH. If I got in line 45 mins before show, would that be ok. I don't care to sit up close. Just got package so I could sit
That is what we did last year and sat in the middle toward the back and had a great view

I don't want to spend my Epcot day in line for CP so the dining package is the way to go (though this is my first time). We'll still probably get in line early - but I don't mind waiting an hour.

Our narrator is Blair Underwood - a bit bummed that our dates don't fall in NPH time frame but I'm sure it will be fun! My TA got us a late lunch at Coral Reef - my daughter requested to eat there.

Got my Candlelight Processional package yesterday morning at Rose and Crown for the late showing!! Can’t wait. I think Gary Sinese is going to be narrarator the night we are going!!

Now I just wish they would announce Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam dessert party details!!

We have a CP res 12/23 for 4:55 at Akershus (8:15 show). We’re 6 adults, 4 kids (ages 11,8,4,4). I’m SHOCKED at the price of dinner being $43 per child! What 4-8 yr old can eat enough to even justify that price! Oh well...at least we get princesses and seats for the show :thumbsup2

I'm joining in!! We'll be a CBR Dec 15th to the 20th. We might add the 14th depending on the flights.
I haven't been to WDW for at least 10 yrs and this will be my husband's first trip.
I'm SO excited!
I was able to get CP with dinner at Via Napoli but I might cancel since the show is at 8:15 and my DH doesn't want to see it.
Did I mention how excited I am!!!!????

So I am going to Disney Dec.27-Jan.3rd and we really want to try Brunch at the top this trip! Dec. 30th would be the Sunday we are at Disney but it doesn't seem to be available- not even an option to book. Do these usually open closer to the date?!?

So I am going to Disney Dec.27-Jan.3rd and we really want to try Brunch at the top this trip! Dec. 30th would be the Sunday we are at Disney but it doesn't seem to be available- not even an option to book. Do these usually open closer to the date?!?
I was wondering this too. I can't find one on the 16th either.

Really? I got a reservation for this at 180 days. So may be all booked.

Ya'll! The touringplans dining finder is a real life saver. I've used it now twice and it is on point. Both times search for an 'Ohana dinner (2017 trip and my upcoming Disneymoon trip). For some reason I'm terrible at getting my coveted 'Ohana on ADR day. However the trick with it is, as soon as you get that alert you have maybe two minutes to jump on the website and make the reservation, they go quick!

Just a tip!

I signed up for the dining alerts on Touring Plans - I'm hoping to snag an Ohana ADR too

Popping in for a third December in a row, even if it's only for a couple days at the end of the month again. 12/30 - 1/5 at the Polynesian. We did the week before Christmas at the Boardwalk in 2016 and last year DH and I did pre and post NYE split between Movies and Kidani.

I said I'd never do Poly again after last October, and never NYE again after this past year...and here I am combining the two. Fingers crossed it all works out, haha!

Popping in for a third December in a row, even if it's only for a couple days at the end of the month again. 12/30 - 1/5 at the Polynesian. We did the week before Christmas at the Boardwalk in 2016 and last year DH and I did pre and post NYE split between Movies and Kidani.

I said I'd never do Poly again after last October, and never NYE again after this past year...and here I am combining the two. Fingers crossed it all works out, haha!

I m doing our 3rd year again this year but this time the whole family and the week between Christmas and New Years. Long drive for a short trip but I can't wait to do it!

I've been checking flights and planning a trip to fly in for the weekend on a Thursday is just not wise! LOL! I'm flying on Thursday in November too and flights are significantly higher. I was hoping to fly Frontier now that they are back to flying direct, but the flight gets in too late for our NPH Candlelight ressie. I looked at flying in on Wed evening and that could work, but we have to add on a day and it would still be pricey as Frontier doesn't fly on Wed. DH suggested driving....from PA. Even with a stop in Savannah, parking at Disney and gas it would still cost about the price of one ticket so if I don't find a great deal that's what we'll do. He hates dealing with TSA so it will make him happy not to fly! Flying is just so much more convenient!

Welcome new December travelers! Roll call has been updated.

Getting closer...!

Let me know if there is an error or if I missed you. It's sorted by arrival date first, then departure date, and then alpha by username if departure dates are the same.

--> Please post your original arrival date if editing is needed, so I can find you more easily. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!