***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Yesterday was my fast pass day, and it didn't go well. I couldn't get 7DMT, SDD, or FOP. We've ridden 7DMT and FOP plenty of times so that's okay, but no SDD FP is tough to swallow since Toy Story Land and all of the holiday events were our two main reasons for this trip. I would do the EMM but we have MVMCP the night before. Does anyone know how long the standby lines have been running for SDD? Trying to decide if I should cancel our Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party reservations, skip the show, and plan to be in line near park closing so we can ride SDD.

Also, we usually go to WDW at the end of Jan, and I have never had trouble getting even the most popular rides at the 60 day Fast Pass mark. I'm always up as soon as they open for booking, and yesterday was no different in that regard. This Fast Pass fail was a surprise. Are the crowds that much heavier the first week of Dec than the last week of January? If so, I need to get a grip on my expectations since I've considered the past two trips in January to be more crowded than usual. Or are Fast Passes getting more difficult to obtain since this perk has been extended to the Disney Springs hotels?

Yesterday was my fast pass day, and it didn't go well. I couldn't get 7DMT, SDD, or FOP. We've ridden 7DMT and FOP plenty of times so that's okay, but no SDD FP is tough to swallow since Toy Story Land and all of the holiday events were our two main reasons for this trip. I would do the EMM but we have MVMCP the night before. Does anyone know how long the standby lines have been running for SDD? Trying to decide if I should cancel our Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party reservations, skip the show, and plan to be in line near park closing so we can ride SDD.

Also, we usually go to WDW at the end of Jan, and I have never had trouble getting even the most popular rides at the 60 day Fast Pass mark. I'm always up as soon as they open for booking, and yesterday was no different in that regard. This Fast Pass fail was a surprise. Are the crowds that much heavier the first week of Dec than the last week of January? If so, I need to get a grip on my expectations since I've considered the past two trips in January to be more crowded than usual. Or are Fast Passes getting more difficult to obtain since this perk has been extended to the Disney Springs hotels?

I think it just depends what day of the trip you were looking for. My FP day was just one after yours and I was able to get everything I needed. 7DMT on 60+2, FOP on 60+3 and 60+4 (though we changed one to Navi). SDD is the newest ride so that's definitely the hardest.

I think it just depends what day of the trip you were looking for. My FP day was just one after yours and I was able to get everything I needed. 7DMT on 60+2, FOP on 60+3 and 60+4 (though we changed one to Navi). SDD is the newest ride so that's definitely the hardest.

Looks like I should have planned my trip just a bit later, then. I was searching for 7DMT at 60+2, SDD at 60+3, and FOP at 60+4. We can hopefully still ride 7DMT at MVMCP, and I'm not terribly disappointed that lack of FOP availability is forcing us to try Na'vi for the first time. SDD, though . . . trying to decide if the ride will be more fun for us than the JBJB party.

Fastpasses went well over the last couple of days for me. Not without it's drama though.

The day before my FP window opened I decided to login and triple check that everything was in order. That's when I noticed that my wife's name on the Resort Res. was in all caps and prefixed with DR. (her formal title which we almost never use). On the magic bands, ADRs, and tickets her name was properly mixed-case and prefixed with Mrs. (what we usually use). I looked closer and where it listed her name and the 4 logos (see below), the 'resort' logo was greyed out. (The screenshot is not grayed out, just an example)
upload_2018-10-5_15-18-18.png

This concerned me because obviously if the resort and tickets are not associated with the same person, I would not be able to make FPs for her! A 40 minute call to DVC member services and that was confirmed to be a problem and confirmed to be resolved. WHEW!

Also, My trip is comprised of 3 reservations: 1 night day of arrival, 7 night 'main' reservation, and 1 night day of departure. My in-laws are joining us for 5 nights during the 'main' reservation. This posed a different issue. Although my window opened on Wednesday morning and I would be able to reserver FP for the entire 9 night stay, my in-laws' window didn't open till Thursday. This took some major coordination and planning. I figured I was going to have to get lucky to get them nearly identical FPs to my plans at close to the same times. What a nightmare.

What I found out was that I was correct that I couldn't select them as part of the group Wednesday morning when reserving an FP. HOWEVER, I was able to make a FP for my family, then Modify > Add Guest(s) and select them, even though their window wasn't open yet, they were given the FPs . The only FPs for which I truly had to wait for Thursday morning, were FPs on which only they would be. I'm not sure if this is a common strategy and I'm out of the loop, but I'm happy I discovered it either way.

I didn't get everything perfect and I made some on the fly adjustments along the way (like everyone always has to), but everything went pretty close to plan! I almost want to post shots of my 'FP plan' spreadsheet and my 'FP Actual' spreadsheet, but I don't want anyone's eyes to glaze over... I think I'm a special type of neurotic when I'm throwing these things together. It's like planning for the world's weirdest fantasy draft.

Next issue to tackle is whether or not to attend MVMCP. DW really wants to go, but it would cost us almost another $400 (not including the in-laws) and we already have so much holiday magic planned into the 9 night stretch (Candlelight Processional with NPH, Minnies Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine, Visit to the Grand Floridian Gingerbread House, etc.) I'm not sure I want to pay that much more to stand in long lines to meet characters, but the Princess 'couples' might be the biggest draw for my daughters. IDK what do you all think? Our plans are very MK heavy as it is.

Fastpasses went well over the last couple of days for me. Not without it's drama though.

The day before my FP window opened I decided to login and triple check that everything was in order. That's when I noticed that my wife's name on the Resort Res. was in all caps and prefixed with DR. (her formal title which we almost never use). On the magic bands, ADRs, and tickets her name was properly mixed-case and prefixed with Mrs. (what we usually use). I looked closer and where it listed her name and the 4 logos (see below), the 'resort' logo was greyed out. (The screenshot is not grayed out, just an example)
View attachment 356067

This concerned me because obviously if the resort and tickets are not associated with the same person, I would not be able to make FPs for her! A 40 minute call to DVC member services and that was confirmed to be a problem and confirmed to be resolved. WHEW!

Also, My trip is comprised of 3 reservations: 1 night day of arrival, 7 night 'main' reservation, and 1 night day of departure. My in-laws are joining us for 5 nights during the 'main' reservation. This posed a different issue. Although my window opened on Wednesday morning and I would be able to reserver FP for the entire 9 night stay, my in-laws' window didn't open till Thursday. This took some major coordination and planning. I figured I was going to have to get lucky to get them nearly identical FPs to my plans at close to the same times. What a nightmare.

What I found out was that I was correct that I couldn't select them as part of the group Wednesday morning when reserving an FP. HOWEVER, I was able to make a FP for my family, then Modify > Add Guest(s) and select them, even though their window wasn't open yet, they were given the FPs . The only FPs for which I truly had to wait for Thursday morning, were FPs on which only they would be. I'm not sure if this is a common strategy and I'm out of the loop, but I'm happy I discovered it either way.

I didn't get everything perfect and I made some on the fly adjustments along the way (like everyone always has to), but everything went pretty close to plan! I almost want to post shots of my 'FP plan' spreadsheet and my 'FP Actual' spreadsheet, but I don't want anyone's eyes to glaze over... I think I'm a special type of neurotic when I'm throwing these things together. It's like planning for the world's weirdest fantasy draft.

Next issue to tackle is whether or not to attend MVMCP. DW really wants to go, but it would cost us almost another $400 (not including the in-laws) and we already have so much holiday magic planned into the 9 night stretch (Candlelight Processional with NPH, Minnies Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine, Visit to the Grand Floridian Gingerbread House, etc.) I'm not sure I want to pay that much more to stand in long lines to meet characters, but the Princess 'couples' might be the biggest draw for my daughters. IDK what do you all think? Our plans are very MK heavy as it is.
Your trip sounds extraordinarily similar to ours, same dates, same activities and all, LOL. Don't be surprised if you see the same faces over and over again. My daugher and I are on the first night, then if they can make it, my son and his GF will join us for the next few nights when we change rooms, leaving before we change rooms again. Their FP window doesn't open until tomorrow, and I can't add him to our first night as I have the DDP added. XP and there's no way I can be making reservations tomorrow.

As for MVMCP - I booked it. My daughter's pass is only a 7 day PH and I'm hoping DVC lets us in early like they did for the MNSSHP folk, otherwise I'll have to cancel our BOG lunch. I'm not one to do the meet and greets, but I will snap shots of other families posing with the characters or just record characters interacting with each other. It's more about the ambience, the parade, fireworks... and cookies! Maybe even get a special pin if it's a cute one this year.

I am going dec 15 to dec 26. I want to buy annual passes and use them for next years october trip. If I buy them online next week, will I be able to make fast passes even though the passes haven't been activated? Also are they good from when I buy them or the first time we go to the park on the 15th of december?

I didn't need SDD because we are doing EMM at TSL, but I was able to get FOP on our AK day at noon with no issues and mine train on the 6th at 3pm.

I so wish we could do EMM. I would totally pay for that just for SDD, but it doesn't happen on our days since we're just there for a long weekend.

I think I am crazy. I just booked EMM for TSL on the day I leave. My flight leaves at 1:35 so I have to be back to resort by 10 for the DME bus. But I could not get a SDD FP. I got both 7DMT and FoP but couldn't get SDD.It only goes til 8:45 and then eat so I should be ok, right?

I think I am crazy. I just booked EMM for TSL on the day I leave. My flight leaves at 1:35 so I have to be back to resort by 10 for the DME bus. But I could not get a SDD FP. I got both 7DMT and FoP but couldn't get SDD.It only goes til 8:45 and then eat so I should be ok, right?

We're crazy, too. We couldn't get SDD FP either and decided today to book EMM for the morning after we're doing MVMCP. We decided we can sleep when we're not on vacation. SDD - making people do crazy things!

Finalizing my fastpasses and I pulled up the webpage on the Yuletide tour I had booked to double check the time. Noticed the tour description is totally changed and am no longer interested at all. Now I’m trying to fit keys to the kingdom in the schedule instead, but I’m not sure I can squeeze it in between my ADR. Just another day of Disney planning!

Edit: Reservation finder finally came through and got my garden grill breakfast I’ve been trying months to get!!!!!!

Last edited:
Welp, FastPasses booked, but no SDD or FOP for our weekend getaway. Not surprising, but still disappointing a bit. We'll be visiting rope drop I guess!

Joining in late to the party as I just booked a long weekend to see Disney at Christmas!! I am beyond excited......stepping outside the bubble for the first time as there was no resort availability for my dates (Nov 29 - Dec 3). So lots of firsts; offsite accommodation, rental car, driving to the parks etc.

I have a Candlelight Processional meal booked for Rose and Crown on the 30th and will see the 8:15 show. I'm attending MVMCP on the 2nd of December and also have an ADR for Trails End brunch that morning. So looking forward to checking out the Christmas decor at all the resorts and just soaking it all in. Should be a fabulous 4 days!

Welp, FastPasses booked, but no SDD or FOP for our weekend getaway. Not surprising, but still disappointing a bit. We'll be visiting rope drop I guess!
We had to rope drop those this sept/oct trip. It went well. The crowd was pretty tame. Lol.

We had to rope drop those this sept/oct trip. It went well. The crowd was pretty tame. Lol.

Good to know! It's been ages, ok a few years, since we did rope drop so I have no clue if we'll actually get up for it or how early to get there. Although we both get up pretty early for work so getting up early shouldn't be an issue.

Joining in late to the party as I just booked a long weekend to see Disney at Christmas!! I am beyond excited......stepping outside the bubble for the first time as there was no resort availability for my dates (Nov 29 - Dec 3). So lots of firsts; offsite accommodation, rental car, driving to the parks etc.

I have a Candlelight Processional meal booked for Rose and Crown on the 30th and will see the 8:15 show. I'm attending MVMCP on the 2nd of December and also have an ADR for Trails End brunch that morning. So looking forward to checking out the Christmas decor at all the resorts and just soaking it all in. Should be a fabulous 4 days!
I will be at the Dec 2 party as well. :)

I am going dec 15 to dec 26. I want to buy annual passes and use them for next years october trip. If I buy them online next week, will I be able to make fast passes even though the passes haven't been activated? Also are they good from when I buy them or the first time we go to the park on the 15th of december?

We’ll be getting a couple APs also to cover a dance trip next December (oy!) But I’m going to buy less $ tickets and upgrade onsite. If you go this route, you can make FP reservations as normal
Now I just have to find the best prices before they go up. Anyone have feedback? I think the last time I looked, Broadway was less than Undecover, but I need look again.

I will be in Disney 12/6-12/12, if hotel availability is any indication of how busy it will be, I’m a bit nervous. I have been looking for availability to combine my split stay into one trip and I have not been having any luck. I checked again today and zero availability at any level resort!! Unless it’s a glitch, looks like Disney will be in full capacity that week. I visited Disney a few years ago during similiar time frame and crowds were pretty low, but I don’t think I there is a slow time at Disney any longer

I will be in Disney 12/6-12/12, if hotel availability is any indication of how busy it will be, I’m a bit nervous. I have been looking for availability to combine my split stay into one trip and I have not been having any luck. I checked again today and zero availability at any level resort!! Unless it’s a glitch, looks like Disney will be in full capacity that week. I visited Disney a few years ago during similiar time frame and crowds were pretty low, but I don’t think I there is a slow time at Disney any longer
That week is the very end of the pop warner football and cheerleading competitions. Competitions were always held during the day and early evenings. The families may accompany the kids to WDW, but in general once a team is done they head back home right off. The impact to the parks is there, but it isn't as bad as you think. The kids are all occupied elsewhere.

That week is the very end of the pop warner football and cheerleading competitions. Competitions were always held during the day and early evenings. The families may accompany the kids to WDW, but in general once a team is done they head back home right off. The impact to the parks is there, but it isn't as bad as you think. The kids are all occupied elsewhere.
Also there are blocks of rooms set aside for these groups, once their deadline passes you'll see rooms opening up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter