***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

OMG I now know what everyone has been taking about with the holiday illuminations fireworks. Just wow! Absolutely incredible. So glad I came for the holiday season!!!!

So glad to read this! My kiddos were trying to convince me to skip it next week.

So glad to read this! My kiddos were trying to convince me to skip it next week.
I wasn’t sure ahead of time what the difference was because I didn’t want any spoilers. So through the show I’m thinking eh I don’t get it. But after the regular part of the show they do the extra holiday part and the fireworks are great. If you guys enjoy a good fireworks display, I wouldn’t miss it. I’m now glad I swapped time in Disney springs for more time at Epcot so I can see it again!!!

I wasn’t sure ahead of time what the difference was because I didn’t want any spoilers. So through the show I’m thinking eh I don’t get it. But after the regular part of the show they do the extra holiday part and the fireworks are great. If you guys enjoy a good fireworks display, I wouldn’t miss it. I’m now glad I swapped time in Disney springs for more time at Epcot so I can see it again!!!
Glad to see it’s still spectacular! I read many reviews there were less pyrotechnics after the one mishap. I would have been sad to miss it for the last holiday season!

Four days away but currently sitting at the airport waiting for a flight for a different long scheduled weekend trip...I’m only going to have 1.5 days to pack! AND we’re supposed to come back to DCA Sunday night, so there’s the weather to worry about...freaking out a little!

Four days away but currently sitting at the airport waiting for a flight for a different long scheduled weekend trip...I’m only going to have 1.5 days to pack! AND we’re supposed to come back to DCA Sunday night, so there’s the weather to worry about...freaking out a little!
The storm now looks like it will stay south of DCA. I hope it stays like that as we leave Sunday from there as well.

We leave 1 week from today and I'm seriously thinking about revamping my plan last minute to attend MVMCP on what looks to be a warmer night than the night we originally planned. UGH! Is that crazy?????

Does anyone else feel like the Christmas season at home isn't even happening? I'm so busy with last minute trip stuff and overloaded at work so I can get my desk clear before I leave and I shopped and wrapped most everything in November so I'd be "done".....

I'm hoping Disney brings all the Christmas spirit I'm missing right now!

4 days until we begin the 12 hour drive to Disney!! Staying at the Hilton at Disney springs then going to the Poly for 6 wonderful nights!!
I am 98% packed!! I am so proud of myself.
Still do not have every day 100% set. But that is okay. I like having some flexibility!!

We leave 1 week from today and I'm seriously thinking about revamping my plan last minute to attend MVMCP on what looks to be a warmer night than the night we originally planned. UGH! Is that crazy?????

Does anyone else feel like the Christmas season at home isn't even happening? I'm so busy with last minute trip stuff and overloaded at work so I can get my desk clear before I leave and I shopped and wrapped most everything in November so I'd be "done".....

I'm hoping Disney brings all the Christmas spirit I'm missing right now!
When you say revamping, would that make you move around FP+ and dining? I wouldn't cancel anything until the time is even closer if you can avoid it. Tonight originally called for thunderstorms and it ended up being beautiful. Friday, 12/14 was supposed to be 86 a and sunny a few days and is now mid 70s with "heavy rain." Weather is so crazy!

When you say revamping, would that make you move around FP+ and dining? I wouldn't cancel anything until the time is even closer if you can avoid it. Tonight originally called for thunderstorms and it ended up being beautiful. Friday, 12/14 was supposed to be 86 a and sunny a few days and is now mid 70s with "heavy rain." Weather is so crazy!

Weather is definitely crazy! I'm obsessed with checking the forecast.

I was planning on 12/16 but it sold out yesterday, so I just bought tix for 12/18 and I didn't have to move FP (only had morning ones and I can hop) and I found a better ADR anyway. So, no big deal. I even bought Tony's Merriest just because it was available and I'll decide later if I want to keep it.

However, this weather watching is killing me!

Weather is definitely crazy! I'm obsessed with checking the forecast.

I was planning on 12/16 but it sold out yesterday, so I just bought tix for 12/18 and I didn't have to move FP (only had morning ones and I can hop) and I found a better ADR anyway. So, no big deal. I even bought Tony's Merriest just because it was available and I'll decide later if I want to keep it.

However, this weather watching is killing me!
Glad you got a better ADR and Tonys! Sometimes its funny how things just work out

Leaving this evening! Three days at Disney with MVMCP on the 13th and two days at Universal! Right now I’m more nervous than excited...still have to finish packing, and I feel like there’s something like I’ve forgotten to do....but I’m sure\hoping I’ll feel excited when I get there.

It’s a little thing, but I can’t figure out what I want to do with the coats...it’s in the 30s at home, but do I really want to lug them around Florida just to wear in and out of the airport in DC?

I usually have everyone take *slightly lighter coats (that we'll likely wear in the evenings) and bundle up underneath with sweathshirts/cardigans for the ride to - I'll wear a wrap or poncho over mine, which can also do double-duty. We're in Chicago, so have the same problem ;)

I have to say I had a blast on my trip. I loved all the Christmas stuff. The only thing on my list of to-dos that I did not get to was to go see the decorations at Wilderness lodge. Just ran out of time. JBJB dessert party was great, Christmas party was a blast - I met the Dwarves and the Ducks. In my Dwarves pic, I looked like the dwarf LOL And I was wearing the pass holder t-shirt for the party with Donald as a toy soldier and when I went to meet the Ducks, Donald and Scrooge were arguing over which one of them was in my shirt - it was hilarious! I ended my trip with TS EMM and got to ride SDD 6 times - I could have done one more but had to go eat so I could get back to my resort to catch DME for the airport. Had so much fun! Hope the rest of you have great trips too!

If anyone with an upcoming trip could use a Hollywood Studios fast pass for anything other than Toy Story Land, let me know. We received a ticket FP for up to 5 people for any ride other than Toy Story when our Jedi Training was rained out after 6 minutes, but we didn't have any other activities left at that point that would benefit from a FP. It is good until 12/31/18. You will have to give me your address via a message and I will mail it to you since it is a physical ticket.

My job is sending me to Tampa from 12/12-13. However, I'm going to stay in town until 12/16. Im considering going up to MK on 12/14 for Mickey's Xmas party. Would anyone want to meet up? Id also considering going to a park on 12/15 as well.

48 hours until we’re on our way!

my list of things to do before we leave is so long it feels like vacation will never get here...but that doesn’t change the flight schedule. ready or not, vacation starts soon!!

48 hours until we’re on our way!

my list of things to do before we leave is so long it feels like vacation will never get here...but that doesn’t change the flight schedule. ready or not, vacation starts soon!!

Same! I'm seriously stressing. But, I don't have work tomorrow, so that will help. Whatever else gets done, gets done I suppose.

I always get pre-trip anxiety anyway. I have to keep telling myself that as long as we get there with our IDs, credit cards, phone, prescriptions and eyeglasses/contacts, we will have what we need.

I think I'm the most stressed because Christmas is just a couple of days after we get home, so I need to be ready for that as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter