Official Superthread: SWGE Opening May 31st

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters

agamble

DIS Veteran
I wonder if it might be along the lines of the Frozen meet & greet in 2014 when you had to get a return time, kinda like a fast pass but they just had a pile of tickets with times on it. We”wasted” and EMH morning lining up for 45 minutes for our return, but was totally worth it!
They did this with the Princess Fantasy shows for a while too using the portable FP macines. But I would prefer a digital way so we wouldn't have to waste an hour getting a return time. Plus a lot more people can enter SWGE than could meet Anna or Elsa.

DWillowBay

DIS Veteran
I just want to be sure that I'm thinking correctly about this. When the reservations open up on May 2nd for resort guests, that is only up until June 23rd, right? We have resort reservations in October, but that is irrelevant (currently), correct? Thanks for any clarity.

• DLgal

DIS Veteran
    I just want to be sure that I'm thinking correctly about this. When the reservations open up on May 2nd for resort guests, that is only up until June 23rd, right? We have resort reservations in October, but that is irrelevant (currently), correct? Thanks for any clarity.
    Just to clarify further, on May 2, reservations open to the general public. Resort guests have already had their times scheduled.

But yes, your resort reservation comes with no Galaxys Edge advantage. By that point, who knows what the system will be, but Disney has said that after the initial reservation period, you will still need to make a same day reservation to access the land, like a fastpass. That may or may not still be in place by October.

wench

DIS Veteran
    Also, the reservations opening on May 2nd are for the general public & off site guests. DLR guests already have their reservations. Not trying to nitpick, I just don’t want anyone else that views the thread to get confused.

Mrnickylu

Earning My Ears
    Has anyone made a reservation since the emails came out? If so how long did your email take to arrive after making the reservation?

defnjeb

Never too old for magic
    I made a Disneyland Hotel reservation two days ago and have not received my reservation yet. I called and the CM said my SWGE reservation has not yet been scheduled. She thought maybe tomorrow.

• Piglet99645

DIS Veteran
    So I had a reservation, got my wrong email, then got my corrected email a few days later. So YAY.

But......... I'd like to change the date of my hotel reservation. :( How badly do we think that will eff things up? I have an 8-12 SWGE reservation on our last day in California......... would kinda like to experience it closer to the beginning of our trip.

Lesley Wake

Bright Suns
    So I had a reservation, got my wrong email, then got my corrected email a few days later. So YAY.

But......... I'd like to change the date of my hotel reservation. :( How badly do we think that will eff things up? I have an 8-12 SWGE reservation on our last day in California......... would kinda like to experience it closer to the beginning of our trip.
    So, you are going to change your entire hotel stay? Or just the SWGE reservation time?

If trying to change the hotel stay, I would imagine your existing SWGE reservation would disappear and then you would get rescheduled to another day during your new booking dates. If trying to just change the SWGE reservation, you need to call in and cross your fingers. Some people have reported good luck, others have not been able to switch. But its best to call earlier than later while there is still availability.

DWillowBay

DIS Veteran
    Also, the reservations opening on May 2nd are for the general public & off site guests. DLR guests already have their reservations. Not trying to nitpick, I just don’t want anyone else that views the thread to get confused.
    I'm sure that I ...and others...appreciate that!

DWillowBay

DIS Veteran
    Just to clarify further, on May 2, reservations open to the general public. Resort guests have already had their times scheduled.

But yes, your resort reservation comes with no Galaxys Edge advantage. By that point, who knows what the system will be, but Disney has said that after the initial reservation period, you will still need to make a same day reservation to access the land, like a fastpass. That may or may not still be in place by October.
    Thank you so much. That's exactly what I thought, but wanted to be sure.

• Sandeep1

DIS Veteran
    So on May 2nd, off-site guests can schedule reservations. Will that be done through the Disney website or Disney phone app?

theluckyrabbit

So on May 2nd, off-site guests can schedule reservations. Will that be done through the Disney website or Disney phone app?
    What we do know is that you must have a valid online account with Disney in order to get a reservation on May 2nd. So if you don't already have a Disney account online, now is the time to register.

RedM94

DIS Veteran
    What are the ways to legitimately gain early access to Disneyland on a day without Magic Morning, or Extra Magic Hour? Breakfast reservation? Are there other add on's that will gain early access?

Sandeep1

DIS Veteran
    What are the ways to legitimately gain early access to Disneyland on a day without Magic Morning, or Extra Magic Hour? Breakfast reservation? Are there other add on's that will gain early access?
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can get into the park early for breakfast. It's a bit different than WDW.

RedM94

DIS Veteran
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can get into the park early for breakfast. It's a bit different than WDW.
    Damn, was afraid of that. It must have been something they did just for our ABD group. Thought it was offered to the public.

Thank you for your reply.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News