D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Can someone please explain how the virtual queue is going to work after June 23? Is there a kiosk that we need to check into after scanning our park ticket? Is there a person taking names? Would it be on the app? Right now it's clear a as mud. Thanks!
I wouldn’t be surprised if even the powers that be at Disney do not yet know exactly how they’ll do this. I expect the number of visitors to be unprecedented, given the level of buzz here and elsewhere, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney’s planners are using the initial reservation period for ferreting out crowd control, bottlenecks, capacity, etc., with the purpose of then integrating what they learn in May and early June into how to handle what comes after that. I also expect a good number of changes, adjustments, and policy tweaks throughout most of the rest of the year, using trial and error for figuring out what works and what doesn’t.

The great thing for us on the Disboards is that we have such great Disney news and policy sleuths here, so whenever more information comes out, we’re probably among the first to know.

Edited, because grammar is hard...

Last edited:
Does Disneyland use an MDE type app like WDW?

Sort of. There is a disneyland app and you can use it for lots of things like MDE (you can use it to scan in at the parks, to reserve fastpass using Maxpass, make dining reservations, mobile ordering, view park hours and wait times, etc. However, you can't create "plans" with other people to share, you can't pre reserve fastpasses, and you can't use the app as a room key at the hotels. So, it is a "lite" version of MDE.

This is a question for the Early Entry experts out there. During the SWGE reservation period there will be three days per week where the park is open for Early Entry on days where hotel guests have SWGE access from 8:00 to noon. I am assuming this means that people will be spending all of the extra hour trying to jockey for position to enter SWGE. Nobody wants to waste one of their precious SWGE hours standing in line just trying to get into the land because the line started forming an hour earlier.

I have never really explored the "boundaries" of early entry. Recognizing that we have no details as to where the access point will be for the 8:00 am SWGE reservations, are there any thoughts on how best to position ourselves to get to those access points.

It seems to me if the access point is the Fantasyland entrance then just standing at the north edge of Fantasyland near Big Thunder Trail will likely be the best bet. But what if the access point is one of the other two entrances? Any thoughts on the best place to go immediately after entering the front gates to best position ourselves for when SWGE opens at 8:00?

I don’t foresee an hour to get into the land while the reservation system is in place. They’re doing enough pre-planning that I think things will run smoother than that. But, I have no doubt they’ll be using the Big Thunder Trail as the only entrance during the reservation period. There is lots of open space there for them to form a queue & to accommodate people milling about.

For anybody interested, I emailed Disneyland to ask if there would be a problem getting reservations for my immediate family (2A/4C) as non hotel guests since somebody upthread mentioned being told there would be a limit one could book. I just got a stock reply that they don’t have the details and the blog post on May 2nd will have all the information. So I guess we’ll take our chances.

But that would "force" (pun intended) everyone to buy Maxpass. I can't imagine that they would use the Maxpass system. Plus, people would be confused since Disneyland has already stated that no FastPass or Maxpasses would be issued. That would just be super confusing (use your Maxpass to reserve, but you can't get a Maxpass). I tend to think not.
I can imagine that and there has been lots of speculation over the last year that is exactly what Disney would do. And not everyone would have to buy it. Only those who want to get into SWGE.

:wizard:

I wonder if it might be along the lines of the Frozen meet & greet in 2014 when you had to get a return time, kinda like a fast pass but they just had a pile of tickets with times on it. We”wasted” and EMH morning lining up for 45 minutes for our return, but was totally worth it!

I wonder if it might be along the lines of the Frozen meet & greet in 2014 when you had to get a return time, kinda like a fast pass but they just had a pile of tickets with times on it. We”wasted” and EMH morning lining up for 45 minutes for our return, but was totally worth it!
They did this with the Princess Fantasy shows for a while too using the portable FP macines. But I would prefer a digital way so we wouldn't have to waste an hour getting a return time. Plus a lot more people can enter SWGE than could meet Anna or Elsa.

I just want to be sure that I'm thinking correctly about this. When the reservations open up on May 2nd for resort guests, that is only up until June 23rd, right? We have resort reservations in October, but that is irrelevant (currently), correct? Thanks for any clarity.

I just want to be sure that I'm thinking correctly about this. When the reservations open up on May 2nd for resort guests, that is only up until June 23rd, right? We have resort reservations in October, but that is irrelevant (currently), correct? Thanks for any clarity.

Just to clarify further, on May 2, reservations open to the general public. Resort guests have already had their times scheduled.

But yes, your resort reservation comes with no Galaxys Edge advantage. By that point, who knows what the system will be, but Disney has said that after the initial reservation period, you will still need to make a same day reservation to access the land, like a fastpass. That may or may not still be in place by October.

Also, the reservations opening on May 2nd are for the general public & off site guests. DLR guests already have their reservations. Not trying to nitpick, I just don’t want anyone else that views the thread to get confused.

Has anyone made a reservation since the emails came out? If so how long did your email take to arrive after making the reservation?

I made a Disneyland Hotel reservation two days ago and have not received my reservation yet. I called and the CM said my SWGE reservation has not yet been scheduled. She thought maybe tomorrow.

So I had a reservation, got my wrong email, then got my corrected email a few days later. So YAY.

But......... I'd like to change the date of my hotel reservation. :( How badly do we think that will eff things up? I have an 8-12 SWGE reservation on our last day in California......... would kinda like to experience it closer to the beginning of our trip.

So I had a reservation, got my wrong email, then got my corrected email a few days later. So YAY.

But......... I'd like to change the date of my hotel reservation. :( How badly do we think that will eff things up? I have an 8-12 SWGE reservation on our last day in California......... would kinda like to experience it closer to the beginning of our trip.
So, you are going to change your entire hotel stay? Or just the SWGE reservation time?

If trying to change the hotel stay, I would imagine your existing SWGE reservation would disappear and then you would get rescheduled to another day during your new booking dates. If trying to just change the SWGE reservation, you need to call in and cross your fingers. Some people have reported good luck, others have not been able to switch. But its best to call earlier than later while there is still availability.

Also, the reservations opening on May 2nd are for the general public & off site guests. DLR guests already have their reservations. Not trying to nitpick, I just don’t want anyone else that views the thread to get confused.
I'm sure that I ...and others...appreciate that!

Just to clarify further, on May 2, reservations open to the general public. Resort guests have already had their times scheduled.

But yes, your resort reservation comes with no Galaxys Edge advantage. By that point, who knows what the system will be, but Disney has said that after the initial reservation period, you will still need to make a same day reservation to access the land, like a fastpass. That may or may not still be in place by October.
Thank you so much. That's exactly what I thought, but wanted to be sure.

So on May 2nd, off-site guests can schedule reservations. Will that be done through the Disney website or Disney phone app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!