D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loving the updates! This will be us next Friday morning. Will be checked in for our 8 AM reservation and just waiting to get in the area! Have fun and keep the updates coming!

I have an 8:00 reservation tomorrow; what time did you arrive? Have an amazing time!

Thanks! We arrived at 4:30ish. There is really no need though, it’s being handled well, no rushing etc. I would say arrive at maybe 5:30 - 6? Dina arrived a bit later then me so hopefully they can give you a bit of a further update to how it was later! There was no queue at DTD/DLH security then.

Wow... so far it sounds like Disney handles it well... I am exited to read what happens next...
Have fun everyone!

I got in line at 7am for the special Galaxy's Edge merch at Launch Bay. I'm on the lower section of spiral walkway and the people ahead of me are above me. These people are behind me:404857

Last edited:
Yep, the merch line has been moving. Makes sense to not wait since the line is the line.

Rising suns to all of you sharing and experiencing today. Some of you are experiencing and may only post your experience after your day is over. Regardless of when your reservation is, either 8 am or later, could you please post what your time was like, how the lines moved during both overlap times versus non-overlap times (the middle 2 hours of your 4 hour time), and also if you notice times of the show units at First Order and Resistance sides... hopefully we can discover patterns, because these "shows" will not be advertised as shows, but almost assuredly, the cast will treat them as such.

Thanks! We arrived at 4:30ish. There is really no need though, it’s being handled well, no rushing etc. I would say arrive at maybe 5:30 - 6? Dina arrived a bit later then me so hopefully they can give you a bit of a further update to how it was later! There was no queue at DTD/DLH security then.
Thanks!

They are handling it well it seems, but this is just opening reservation day.... can you imagine june 24th and everyday after??? idk what kinda chaos will go down those days.. it will be 5x as worse. Disney won't be ready for it... and the land will suck with so many people in it... capacity will be reached by noon that day or sooner. Cant wait to see all the insaneness.

They are handling it well it seems, but this is just opening reservation day.... can you imagine june 24th and everyday after??? idk what kinda chaos will go down those days.. it will be 5x as worse. Disney won't be ready for it... and the land will suck with so many people in it... capacity will be reached by noon that day or sooner. Cant wait to see all the insaneness.

We were talking about this last night. How fortunate we feel to have the opportunity to visit the land with a reservation that has controls around it. I am shocked to hear myself say these things because we originally were hoping to completely avoid SW:GE when we planned our trip. Now we have reservations to visit the land twice in mid June. It will be very interesting to see how everything goes after 6/23.

To all that are there today- enjoy! I am looking forward to all your updates throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter