D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, you guys--am I crazy? I'm reading all these reports of low crowds and considering a last minute trip for Thursday night. Rooms are available and both Disneyland hotel and Grand Californian. We are already scheduled to come July 2-4 on a separate trip, but I'm thinking it's going to be pandemonium then and it would be nice to guarantee a relatively relaxed experience. We'll be in the general vicinity anyway for a college tour so ... What do you think? Any idea what time frame reservation I might get?

Thank you guys for chiming in. I think we are going to go for it. We will be so close it seems crazy not to take advantage ("crazy" to a huge Star Wars fan, that is, LOL :)). I'll keep everyone posted once it gets buckled down. Our biggest consideration is whether to just buy a day ticket or upgrade Undercover Tourist 3-day tickets we've already purchased for our July trip. The issue is that we also have a Christmas week trip planned so we'd need to do the Signature Plus AP. Probably cheaper to just buy them individually, but need to price out all options...

YAY, I’m crazy too and yesterday booked PPH for next Fri night. We are in NorCal and flying down just so we can go on Sat then flying home Sat night. We have Southwest points, otherwise we wouldn’t do it. DH is a HUGE Star Wars fan, but really hates crowds so when I saw yesterday how well things were managed, I figured we should go for it! I think it will be too crazy after the 23rd.

There is a special line to call about SWGE reservations for hotel guests: (888) 854-3104. They told me that hotel guests usually get the first slot of the day, or if that’s full then the 11am slot. We’re supposed to get an email 24-48 hours after booking, but can call that line again if you don’t get the email and they will tell you your reservation time. Also check junk mail as I’ve heard the emails sometimes go there. I booked our hotel yesterday but haven’t received the email yet.

Thank you to everyone here who has shared their experiences. It’s soooo helpful. Keep posting!

I heard Disney is saying no. Most likely everyone would if they could and that would cause gridlock. Lots of social media posts are saying people don't like the other positions as much. Being the pilot is where its at.
Ok, then how likely is it to be selected for pilot as a single rider but in the standby line?

We’re staying at the Grand, so we actually have Extra Magic Hour, but all the cast members kept calling it Magic Morning. We waited with a few other savvy hotel guests by Buzz, walked to the hub at 6:59 and showed our room keys, and they let us into the castle at 7 am. We stopped to take a family pic in front of the completely empty castle with the Photopass photographer - just couldn’t pass that up. We were considering riding Peter Pan but saw the SWGE line coming, and the Peter Pan cast member told us to just go to Red Rose. We ended up about 200 people back instead of 1000. And of those, only about 30 made it to Savi’s before us.
Ok. Thank you. I will say, that if the CM said MM, when they really meant EMH, and then they checked room key which is good for one but not the other, I would be very disappointed to lose sooo many spots in line. We are staying at the Tropicana, so NOT on site. So we plan on using MM on our first day, but would not have EMH access. So, then, would the suggestion be to get to the park around 5:30 am or so? Or earlier? The plan is to hit Savi for one day, and visit Oga the second day. The Droid, falcon, photos, and other merch tidbits will hopefully be able to be done during hours 2-4 of our 8 am-12 spots. Thoughts?

Ok. Thank you. I will say, that if the CM said MM, when they really meant EMH, and then they checked room key which is good for one but not the other, I would be very disappointed to lose sooo many spots in line. We are staying at the Tropicana, so NOT on site. So we plan on using MM on our first day, but would not have EMH access. So, then, would the suggestion be to get to the park around 5:30 am or so? Or earlier? The plan is to hit Savi for one day, and visit Oga the second day. The Droid, falcon, photos, and other merch tidbits will hopefully be able to be done during hours 2-4 of our 8 am-12 spots. Thoughts?
Based on my 2-6 experience yesterday, you’d be able to do Savi one day and Oga one day - each would take up most of that block, but the remaining time between two days would be enough to hit the rest.

Given that the 8-12 slot has no beginning overlap, I’d say you’d be more than fine.

They will not assign single riders the pilot position. You would have to ask the pilots in your party to switch with you if they are willing.
They mentioned being in the standby line, not single rider line.

They grouped us into six before handing out positions, so a party of one in the standby line would be no different than anyone else in the standby line.

You don’t get to request it, as PPs stated.

They mentioned being in the standby line, not single rider line.

They grouped us into six before handing out positions, so a party of one in the standby line would be no different than anyone else in the standby line.

You don’t get to request it, as PPs stated.

Oh, I misunderstood. I read yesterday that they were telling SRs that they would not get to be pilots, when they got in that line.

I wonder if this will eventually work itself out. I've only read three lengthy reviews of the ride and two of the three said they would request anything but pilot going forward... LOL

Oh, I misunderstood. I read yesterday that they were telling SRs that they would not get to be pilots, when they got in that line.
I believe that is correct. He was asking if he might get the pilot as a single rider in the standby line. Yes, he could in that case. 1/6 chance. 😂

Perhaps you can recruit your own crew when you get to the land, and then you’ll be guaranteed the position you want.

Based on my 2-6 experience yesterday, you’d be able to do Savi one day and Oga one day - each would take up most of that block, but the remaining time between two days would be enough to hit the rest.

Given that the 8-12 slot has no beginning overlap, I’d say you’d be more than fine.
Thank you, two of my kids, including the one doing the build, have some significant DAS-worthy line issues. Since DAS is not available for Savi or Oga, the idea is to hit it early enough in the morning, to be in front early enough, to really limit the wait time to really no more than 30 minutes. Even if Savi is a 20-30 minute line to pay and am given a return time where we can explore in the meantime, that's fine. That's why I'm trying to get an idea of how early to get to the park in order to be near the "head of the class", like the prior poster who ended up within the first 200 or so, leaving them with a 30 minute Savi wait. They had a EMH advantage I won't have. Once we check in at Launch Bay, and start to line up around Nemo, hopefully early enough to be near the front of that, could I hold our family spot in the Nemo line while the kids roam with Mom to kill some energy, and then rejoin me when we start to move?

We have a 8am-noon reservation on a day with MM entry at 7am. We’re curious about the new land but not huge fans of SW or interested in purchasing merchandise. Given this the plan is to do the Fantasyland rides until say 9am and then head to SWGE after the major surge has entered. We would be happy with walking around, riding SR, and then getting an early lunch at DB7. Any reason why this would not be a good strategy?

Thanks for sharing your account! We have an 8am reservation -- what would you suggest as a plan of attack if our priorities are the ride (obviously) and Oga's??
100% go straight to Oga’s. There may even be a line, as on the first day, there ended up being a line as people entered the land. They have been serving their whole menu all day, so you aren’t limited to the breakfast menu.

After that you will have plenty of time to do the ride several times if you want. A max wait time of 20 minutes was a good choice. Make sure you get in all of your rides before 11am. If you want lunch, then I would set up a mobile order for sometime between 11-12, maybe even the later end of that. So you can shop and explore the land after/in between your rides, then eat lunch after the crowds descend. I stayed in the land for 1hr today after my time, mostly playing the app and wandering around. You could probably even shop in the marketplace because I didn’t notice them checking bands and saw other people around with my time slot.

Has anyone eaten food at Docking Bay 7? I haven’t seen many food reviews yet.
Yes and it’s very good! The site that is banned (WDW. News. Todya) has good reviews.

For me:
Breakfast, rising sun platter-yummy! I liked all of the options. The egg thing was nice, hash was good, pork sausage gave a nice bite, and lava roll rounded it out well.

Fried Yip Tip-basically a large chicken tender on top of mashed potatoes with peas and carrots mixed in. I didn’t hate it and would get it again, but it wasn’t my favorite. Chicken was a bit flavorless, but still tender. Mash was good. I didn’t like the gravy.

Yobshimp Noodle Salad-shrimp was good. But I didn’t like the dressing on the salad; it tasted weird and not in a good way.

Braised Shaak Roast-my favorite! So tender and the sauce was delicious with the pasta and mushrooms. I will be getting again!

Batuu-bon chocolate cake-very good. Small but rich, so a good amount. The coffee wasn’t overpowering. I will also get again.

Batuubucha tea-so gross. I had a sip and my friend had a sip and both had severe thumbs down. (I liked the Meiloorun Juice from Ronto, so today I got that to go with my lunch).

We have a 8am-noon reservation on a day with MM entry at 7am. We’re curious about the new land but not huge fans of SW or interested in purchasing merchandise. Given this the plan is to do the Fantasyland rides until say 9am and then head to SWGE after the major surge has entered. We would be happy with walking around, riding SR, and then getting an early lunch at DB7. Any reason why this would not be a good strategy?
For your purposes, that will work fine. I would still probably head over earlier than 9, but it’s up to you. Wait until the line is under 30 minutes (preferably 20 min) to ride, and you will be especially good.

pilot is by far the most interactive and your performance in the mission is largely based on how well your pilots can fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter