D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an AP that is blocked on Friday/Sat/Sundays.

If I were to pull the trigger on a resort hotel reservation for a Thursday night, what do you suppose the chances are that I would get a reservation for a Thursday, when I COULD go, as opposed to the following day Friday, when I cannot go?
I would book it with enough time that you could cancel if it didn't work out. Then call the hotel guest star wars phone number and get your reservation window that you need.

Question for anyone building a saber. Is the group of builders all building the same style of saber? If wife and I wanted to each build a different style do we need two separate groups?

Question for anyone building a saber. Is the group of builders all building the same style of saber? If wife and I wanted to each build a different style do we need two separate groups?
All 4 types are available in a single group. You will select type when signing up (paying)

I have an AP that is blocked on Friday/Sat/Sundays.

If I were to pull the trigger on a resort hotel reservation for a Thursday night, what do you suppose the chances are that I would get a reservation for a Thursday, when I COULD go, as opposed to the following day Friday, when I cannot go?
Are you unable to book the reservation for a Wed night so you get the Thursday reservation?

For those who did the trick of getting in front of the crowd on EMH days, where precisely should we go after leaving Launch Bay? Can we go right up to the castle itself?

Has there been any more information for what the process will be after June 23rd?

HOW TO GET INTO STAR WARS GALAXYS EDGE FROM JUNE 24
  1. Star Wars Galaxys Edge will open to ALL guests at general park opening hours
  2. Once capacity has been reached, Disney will open the virtual queuing system
  3. There are 2 ways to access the virtual queuing system A. By using the Disneyland App B. By using a Fastpass kiosk and obtaining a paper Boarding Group ticket
  4. You will be assigned a Boarding Group with a specific time to enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge
  5. When you Boarding Time opens you will be alerted through the APP
  6. If you are not using the APP and have obtained a paper Boarding Group ticket , you will need to check the Digital Display Monitors to see when your Boarding Group opens. There will be no return time on the paper Boarding Group ticket
  7. Once your Boarding Group opens, you will have 2 hours to check into Star Wars Galaxys Edge. This means that if you get an alert that your Boarding Group can enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge, and you are in line at Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventures, you can still ride Radiator Springs Racers. You will have plenty of time to get back to Star Wars Galaxys Edge.
  8. Once inside Star Wars Galaxys Edge, there will be no time limit on how long you can stay

We had hoped to visit SWGE before June 24 and to stay at one of the Disneyland hotels. Unfortunately there is just too much going on in June, so now we are looking to go in July or August. I read there would be a virtual queue after June 24, but can’t find any additional information about how that will work. We want to visit SWGE, and we have a toddler so waiting in line for hours to get in is not an option. For the Millenium Falcon ride we can probably do a baby swap, so I am not as worried about that. My husband and older daughter are fine waiting in lines once we get inside.

I assume you can’t get into the virtual queue until you are in the park, similar to how Maxpass works. I am wondering if it would still be beneficial to stay onsite, enter the park during the Extra Magic Hour/Magic Morning, therefore having an advantage on entering the virtual queue early? Trying to come up with a strategy with limited information so if anyone has any insight I would appreciate it. Thanks!

None of the builds have parts similar to Kylo Ren's. The types are peace and justice, power and control, elemental nature, and protection & defense

Thanks for the info! That will make me reconsider doing a build, honestly. I might still, but... maybe not.

HOW TO GET INTO STAR WARS GALAXYS EDGE FROM JUNE 24
  1. Star Wars Galaxys Edge will open to ALL guests at general park opening hours
  2. Once capacity has been reached, Disney will open the virtual queuing system
  3. There are 2 ways to access the virtual queuing system A. By using the Disneyland App B. By using a Fastpass kiosk and obtaining a paper Boarding Group ticket
  4. You will be assigned a Boarding Group with a specific time to enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge
  5. When you Boarding Time opens you will be alerted through the APP
  6. If you are not using the APP and have obtained a paper Boarding Group ticket , you will need to check the Digital Display Monitors to see when your Boarding Group opens. There will be no return time on the paper Boarding Group ticket
  7. Once your Boarding Group opens, you will have 2 hours to check into Star Wars Galaxys Edge. This means that if you get an alert that your Boarding Group can enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge, and you are in line at Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventures, you can still ride Radiator Springs Racers. You will have plenty of time to get back to Star Wars Galaxys Edge.
  8. Once inside Star Wars Galaxys Edge, there will be no time limit on how long you can stay

From what we know so far the virtual queue would go into place once the land is at capacity, so if you have EMH/MM you could have the advantage of not having to use virtual queue at all
Thanks, it would probably be worth it then. I'm guessing that even with the virtual queue, some people may never get in that day.

Thanks for the info! That will make me reconsider doing a build, honestly. I might still, but... maybe not.
The actual experience is pretty cool. And it’s nice having MY lightsaber (yes I know there are only limited permutations, but it’s still the one I chose).

I watched a few videos of the lightsaber building experience and it is really cool, however there's very few things you can really mix and match on them, seems for every part, you get 2 choices AFTER you chose which general style you're going for.

I'd like to see someone (clearly rich, lol) who owns a few to do a mashup of various pieces.

Any news from today on how they are handling the Oga's Cantina crowd? I saw that over the weekend they started to take names/phone numbers, but wondering if this was working and is still the case. How long have people been waiting to get in?

We are going the begining of Dec. Will have a 4 day ticket so 1 MM no hopper pass. Was going to avoid those mornings and do DCA but now wonder if it would be better to use the 1 and get in line for GE. I wonder if they will form a line at the gate and walk the crowd over. Guess will have to wait and see how it goes after June 24th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter