D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no package delivery from SWGE. You can always get a locker for the day.
Well, here's a related question for DL as a whole. Package delivery to the front of the park. I assume that is for things purchased, the stores can send the merchandise to the front of the park for you to pick up when you leave. First, where do you pick it up at (DL rookie). Second, can you give things to Guest Relations and ask them to send it to the front of the park...or if you purchase something at another store, can you have them also take things you already have and add it to what they are sending? Basically, is there any way to get your SWGE stuff for end of day pickup at the front of the park, even if you can't actually send it directly from SWGE?

Does anyone know if there is a riderswap option or if kids under the height limit can walk through the queue and interactive elements and then take the chicken exit? I have a 4 year old who is not tall enough so trying to figure out how to work a visit to GE ...

I've heard there is a rider swap, but I'm also curious how exactly it works. Would actually be cool if the rider swap occurred at the chicken exit (like how Universal does it) so that everyone can experience the line

For anyone that's bought or tried out one of the BB-8 style units from the Droid Depot, are their fairly easy to control/drive? I have one of the Sphero BB-8 units and, while very cute, I've had a pretty hard time actually figuring out how to steer it where I want it to go. I've watched some videos and it looks like the R2-style units are pretty easy to drive, but the BB-8 ones seems a bit more difficult.

Honestly it’s going to be an issue for the foreseeable future. Until they figure out a way to expand capacity. I mean even the Cove Bar would constantly have lines years after it opened.
Yea but even Cove Bar wasn't going to have the issue as Oga's will. you can drink pretty much anywhere in DACA and even then cove bar was 45-1hour waits. This place especially at night will be insane. Im just hoping over this month they figure out a way to handle it. I go July 3rd and first thing im doing at park is going to this place lol.

Well, here's a related question for DL as a whole. Package delivery to the front of the park. I assume that is for things purchased, the stores can send the merchandise to the front of the park for you to pick up when you leave. First, where do you pick it up at (DL rookie). Second, can you give things to Guest Relations and ask them to send it to the front of the park...or if you purchase something at another store, can you have them also take things you already have and add it to what they are sending? Basically, is there any way to get your SWGE stuff for end of day pickup at the front of the park, even if you can't actually send it directly from SWGE?
You’d need to buy a locker and store your stuff yourself for what’s you’re talking about. It’s not a courier service; they just send some stuff up to the front to encourage people to buy things they don’t want to schlepp around (pick-up is by the gates, not hard to find).

Does anyone know if there is a riderswap option or if kids under the height limit can walk through the queue and interactive elements and then take the chicken exit? I have a 4 year old who is not tall enough so trying to figure out how to work a visit to GE ...
They won’t let kids who are too short past the height check. The queue isn’t particularly cool? I mean, if you’re not actually waiting in the line, it’s not worth making an effort for - it’s not like Hogwarts or something like that.

For anyone that's bought or tried out one of the BB-8 style units from the Droid Depot, are their fairly easy to control/drive? I have one of the Sphero BB-8 units and, while very cute, I've had a pretty hard time actually figuring out how to steer it where I want it to go. I've watched some videos and it looks like the R2-style units are pretty easy to drive, but the BB-8 ones seems a bit more difficult.
They aren’t particularly easy to control. I’d say Spheros are easier. R-series definitely are more stable.

Reportedly people are receiving emails that they can add guests to their reservations! I’m guessing because the crowds are so low!

View attachment 406536
I received the same e-mail. Though I wonder if they are also admitting that there was an issue with the registration not being clear (some not shown a place to add guests, similar to my experience) and they have upset guests showing up (avoid the confrontations). Plus if crowds are low they can easily rectify this from frontline CMs experience complaints.

Reading here about the issues with Oga's Cantina, and potential crowds overall, I really feel for the imagineers.

The good thing about opening a new "planet" area is that they weren't as restricted in size of things, compared to what Universal ran into with JK Rowling and the Harry Potter stuff. Having said that, without seeing it in person, it seems maybe the Cantina could have been expanded a bit in a different way. What I mean is, having the main bar area where you can go up, order your drinks and then go to another area that's like the bar, but is more wide open where you can relax and enjoy them.

Like Craig said on this week's DIS Unplugged show, there's always a learning curve and you don't always know what guests will flock to and at what times. It seems they're also having issues with the blue/green milk reviews from various places.

Reportedly people are receiving emails that they can add guests to their reservations! I’m guessing because the crowds are so low!

View attachment 406536
Hmm, this I don’t like. Getting more people in the parks, cool. Getting more people into SWGE and compromising the experience there? Not so cool.

Also, what about current parties of two? Can they add people?

So, that does seem like it's in response to the difficulties a lot of people seemed to have figuring out when/how to add additional guests during the initial reservation period. It makes sense that if you were able to add one additional person, it meant you figured out the registration webpage and, therefore, wouldn't need to add more people now.

Reading here about the issues with Oga's Cantina, and potential crowds overall, I really feel for the imagineers.

The good thing about opening a new "planet" area is that they weren't as restricted in size of things, compared to what Universal ran into with JK Rowling and the Harry Potter stuff. Having said that, without seeing it in person, it seems maybe the Cantina could have been expanded a bit in a different way. What I mean is, having the main bar area where you can go up, order your drinks and then go to another area that's like the bar, but is more wide open where you can relax and enjoy them.

Like Craig said on this week's DIS Unplugged show, there's always a learning curve and you don't always know what guests will flock to and at what times. It seems they're also having issues with the blue/green milk reviews from various places.
I think it’s also a result of the removal of the table service dinner show restaurant. The cantina was supposed to be a pseudo-holding area for the restaurant. That got removed and they probably weren’t given the opportunity or extra budget to increase the size.

I think they didn’t actually use the space for the restaurant, so maybe they will start work on a Phase 2 with another ride and the restaurant? At least a girl can hope!

I've heard there is a rider swap, but I'm also curious how exactly it works. Would actually be cool if the rider swap occurred at the chicken exit (like how Universal does it) so that everyone can experience the line
Yeah ... since its just me, my significant other and our son it sucks to not be able to experience it together. And since their isn't a ton of stuff geared towards the small padawan, its a lot of time for him to just be wandering around GE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter