D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reports of the slightly higher crowds, and me having an 11am reservation are making me a little nervous....thanks @Lesley Wake for posting that map earlier. Our 3 main goals are Cantina, Droid, Ride. I already told my aunt she may have to build my droid for me if I take a long time putting our names down lol.
You could save your droid for a different trip. Making it seems like half the fun!

The reports of the slightly higher crowds, and me having an 11am reservation are making me a little nervous....thanks @Lesley Wake for posting that map earlier. Our 3 main goals are Cantina, Droid, Ride. I already told my aunt she may have to build my droid for me if I take a long time putting our names down lol.
Making me nervous too! Now I’m worried about the hard right!?! I thought you followed a CM with a flag for the cantina. Maybe the hard right is only for the 8am time slot. We have 11-3 also. Going to hang out around hungry bear starting about 10-10:15

Last edited:
Making me nervous too! No I’m worried about the hard right!?! I thought you followed a CM with a flag for the cantina. Maybe the hard right is only for the 8am time slot. We have 11-3 also. Going to hang out around hungry bear starting about 10-10:15
Yeah, I was responding to someone with the 8am slot. I added a green line to @Lesley Wake’s nice visual to show where the 8am line on Sunday ended up. That’s the “hard right” that took some people by surprise.82B19F0F-B43C-4F2E-80EB-B517858B8BD9.jpeg

A few have said that the booths are usually held aside for large parties. What constitutes a large party? We are a family of 6 (2 adults, 2 teens, 2 kids) and I’m wondering if maybe we’ll luck out a get a booth

We went Sunday morning, in the first wave of people. We were a party of five and were initially were given a standing table, even with a variety of booths open. My dad was with us and recently had a knee replacement -- after standing for two and a half hours while checking in/waiting to be walked over he was having a hard time. I explained this to the CM who had walked us to the table and she was able to move us to a booth, which we ended up sharing with another party of two and a party of four. I think it depends much more on your timing and the sizes of the parties that are already inside than anything else.

We went Sunday morning, in the first wave of people. We were a party of five and were initially were given a standing table, even with a variety of booths open. My dad was with us and recently had a knee replacement -- after standing for two and a half hours while checking in/waiting to be walked over he was having a hard time. I explained this to the CM who had walked us to the table and she was able to move us to a booth, which we ended up sharing with another party of two and a party of four. I think it depends much more on your timing and the sizes of the parties that are already inside than anything else.

It's def. a luck thing, normally. We were placed at a standing table, but a booth opened up near us soon after we arrived. My friend asked a CM if we could move, and the CM said we had to stay were we were placed, and that the booth is a 'lucky roll'.

I have an 8pm reservation tomorrow. First priority is Savi. With the weather this week, I won't be able to wait outside for very long. I have a heat condition and nearly passed out today when it hit the peak. Do you guys think there's any chance of getting in to Savi's?

We got into the park at like 6:50, went straight to Launch Bay and then got in line, and I walked purposefully once they let us in. My “your estimated wait time is 45 minutes” text came through at 8:07, and my “please return to the line” text came through at 9:06.

Make sure you’re prepared to make a HARD right and loop backwards - some people walked straight to the Cantina and didn’t realize the line already wrapped around, so they fell behind dozens (if not hundreds) of people.
Yeah, I was responding to someone with the 8am slot. I added a green line to @Lesley Wake’s nice visual to show where the 8am line on Sunday ended up. That’s the “hard right” that took some people by surprise.View attachment 408261
Thank you for this information! How do you know when to make the hard right? Just follow everyone else or is there another clue?

I have a question about the lightsaber experience... I know if you don't plan on making (and paying) for a saber, you aren't getting in... I would like to build one but my friend that's travelling with me can't justify the price for one of his own. However, he wouldn't mind observing the process. So, that said, if I am going in to make one... could he come along and watch since he's with me? Or would he be made to stay outside? Is there anything particular you have to say if someone in your party does not wish to participate (and pay) but would like to remain with you for the experience??

I have a question about the lightsaber experience... I know if you don't plan on making (and paying) for a saber, you aren't getting in... I would like to build one but my friend that's travelling with me can't justify the price for one of his own. However, he wouldn't mind observing the process. So, that said, if I am going in to make one... could he come along and watch since he's with me? Or would he be made to stay outside? Is there anything particular you have to say if someone in your party does not wish to participate (and pay) but would like to remain with you for the experience??

The person making the lightsaber may be accompanied by one other non-paying guest.

When we were there this weekend, we were told each person making a lightsaber was allowed one guest to watch, and more if there was space. We had three "observers" in our group and two builders, and it wasn't a problem at all.

I have an 8pm reservation tomorrow. First priority is Savi. With the weather this week, I won't be able to wait outside for very long. I have a heat condition and nearly passed out today when it hit the peak. Do you guys think there's any chance of getting in to Savi's?
Unfortunately I’m probably going to say no. You will need to wait outside in the queue to get into the land for about 1-hr. The sun is still out then. And then you will also be waiting outside to pay for the lightsaber. Based on the heat advisory too, it’s going to be intense today even in the late afternoon/evening. You can always attempt it, but I wouldn’t want to start feeling sick and then ruin the rest of the GE experience!

Thank you for this information! How do you know when to make the hard right? Just follow everyone else or is there another clue?
I don’t think you’d miss it if you know it’s an option; it just seems a little counterintuitive to walk AWAY from the Cantina to get in line, you know? So some people seemed to get confused and just made a beeline FOR the Cantina and lost valuable ground in the line.

If you’re following directions and the crowd and don’t get thrown off by heading the “wrong” direction, it shouldn’t be an issue.

I don’t think you’d miss it if you know it’s an option; it just seems a little counterintuitive to walk AWAY from the Cantina to get in line, you know? So some people seemed to get confused and just made a beeline FOR the Cantina and lost valuable ground in the line.

If you’re following directions and the crowd and don’t get thrown off by heading the “wrong” direction, it shouldn’t be an issue.
Thank you! I thought it might be something like that. It's so weird being very used to DL and being able to visualize most things, but with GE, I'm trying to plan and visualize for a place I haven't seen yet!

Thank you! I thought it might be something like that. It's so weird being very used to DL and being able to visualize most things, but with GE, I'm trying to plan and visualize for a place I haven't seen yet!

I feel the same way. I am not used to feeling so lost about something in Disneyland! And I still feel a little confused about the hard right despite looking the diagrams provided in this thread. Hopefully there is CM with a flag to show us.

Is the problem people are having is walking straight up the Cantina without realizing there is a line that ends much further back?

I feel the same way. I am not used to feeling so lost about something in Disneyland! And I still feel a little confused about the hard right despite looking the diagrams provided in this thread. Hopefully there is CM with a flag to show us.

Is the problem people are having is walking straight up the Cantina without realizing there is a line that ends much further back?
It is confusing, but there are CMs there to guide you- if you just stick with the crowd you should be okay.

Oh yeah. I noticed that when I watched some YouTube videos. I wasn't noticing his stuff specifically when walking around and visiting the other locations. It must be there some though; it's not really Star Wars without some John Williams.

The John Wiliams group did the music for BSO. It's meant to be more of a background noise in certain spots; after all, you don't get music at your local outdoor mall, right? :)

We went on Friday morning 8-12 time slot. Loved having the early time slot and only having 1 overlap period.

We put our name in at Oga's right away and were told 45 minutes. So we headed off and took pictures by the Millennium Falcon and then built droids. As we were finishing our droids, we got the text for Oga's so we went over there and got in with a short wait. We tried the Hyperdrive which is one of the non-alcoholic drinks and really tasty! We then rode the Millennium Falcon 3 times in the next hour or so. Our wait was mostly spent walking up the ramps in the queue. Our last time ride we got in the line about 10:50 AM and when we got off the hoards from the next group were coming in. Glad we got to ride 3 times and got to try out all of the positions. We spent some time then wandering the marketplace area and eventually over to the resistance area before exiting about 11:30-11:45 by Hungry Bear. We had seen all we wanted to see and headed out.

The reservations really made it very nice and easy to see everything. But it was noticeably more crowded at 11 when the next group of reservations arrived!
Glad you had a good visit! Did you need to use DAS at all?

Yes. It’s really not a big issue; it was just something I noticed that affected a small group of people.

One of them happened to be someone who’d been right next to me as we were scanning our bracelets into the land (I’d complimented her unique dress), so I noted her pause as the line veered right, turn towards the Cantina, approach it, talk to a CM, turn around, and realize she needed to join the line that now looped away from the Cantina. She ended up way behind me. Certainly the VAST majority of the people just followed the line with no issue, but with her in mind, I mentioned the “you may have to walk away from the Cantina to get into the Cantina line” possibility...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter