D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the droid backpacks been restocked? I saw a few pages ago they were sold out. I'll still get a droid without one, but will hopefully be able to get a backpack. I don't want to lug that box around all day.

EMH before GE.

I’d like to try to ride PP during EMH prior to entering GE around 8AM.

Any recent reports on what time the GE line moved from the Nemo/Matterhorn area over to Fantasyland?

Would it be better to grab my wristband & then proceed to the Hub for the normal EMH rope drop or can I walk behind Matterhorn to PP?

Trying to get near the front of PP line during EMH.
Don’t go to rope drop.

Sorry if this has been asked already (I didn't want to read through all 183 pages here) but does anyway have any insider tips about when Rise of the Resistance may open at Disneyland? We will be visiting between 3 - 11 October and are REALLY hoping that it's open by then. Any rumours anyone has heard would be welcome!

While inine for my 8am reservation by Red Rose just so happens I was standing in front of some of the development/imagineer team and they discussed Rise. Basically they have nailed down what the technical issues are but fixing them is a whole other issue. They said earliest would likely be the end of this year but more likely next year first quarter.
Sorry if this has been asked already (I didn't want to read through all 183 pages here) but does anyway have any insider tips about when Rise of the Resistance may open at Disneyland? We will be visiting between 3 - 11 October and are REALLY hoping that it's open by then. Any rumours anyone has heard would be welcome!
The first quote is probably the latest news anyone has posted in this thread about ROTR's opening, but it isn't really startling news. Similar rumors have been floating around out there.

For those of us in central Florida awaiting our turn . . .
Thanks!
Yes but I was hoping for an all photos thread without the reviews and such . . . .
Thanks!
Almost all the SWGE threads are being put into the Superthread so that people only have to search for information in one thread, not through page after page across this forum. There are photos in the Superthread, but as pp have suggested, Instagram would probably be a better place to look for only photos without any reviews.

Apologies if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if there is an official "backstory" for the reason you can see the fireworks in SW:GE?

From what I understand, there is no official backstory, but CMs describe the fireworks as a "battle".

The first quote is probably the latest news anyone has posted in this thread about ROTR's opening, but it isn't really startling news. Similar rumors have been floating around out there.
Just to note Disney hasn't changed their tone yet and says it will open this year.

For those of us in central Florida awaiting our turn . . .
Thanks!
For everything and anything SWGE visit the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Subforum on Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies. We have threads for dining, merch, reviews, attractions, and much more.

For everything and anything SWGE visit the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Subforum on Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies. We have threads for dining, merch, reviews, attractions, and much more.
Thanks but I just want a thread dedicated to pictures. I am not really interested in all the other info.

On Monday near the front of the 5 pm entry line, just as they were about to release everyone, a woman fainted. They delayed until she was helped and they had two cast members in front of her so she wouldn't be trampled. She was sitting up by then. It was really hot. Galaxy's Edge was awesome! Cantina, Millennium Falcon ride, dinner at the Docking bay, and my son had a cool interaction with Vi Moradi. Blue milk is good, green was not.

Have the droid backpacks been restocked? I saw a few pages ago they were sold out. I'll still get a droid without one, but will hopefully be able to get a backpack. I don't want to lug that box around all day.
No droid backpacks this morning at the 8am-12pm time slot. We were also told which droid colors were not available before entering the shop to build. The metal gift cards are also out of stock as are the black crystals for the holocrons. When we asked when things were expected to be back in stock we were told they didn’t know. Docking Bay 7 doesn’t start serving the lunch menu offerings until 10am - we had heard it was both menus available in the morning but that wasn’t true. The sporks have been replaced with regular metal forks.

I was at DL this morning. While I waited at the gate for the park to open, someone I'm acquainted with told me that he saw a guest swipe a whole map-holder full of the commemorative maps (when they were still available -- probably about 150 of them or so). He slipped them into a Disney bag and then made his way into the park. As you can all imagine, this did not sit well with CMs or security. It wasn't long until they caught up with him and had him surrender the maps. In a case like that, my strong suspicion is that the guy had plans to sell them on eBay. In several recent listings, I've seen them priced at around $8. That's not much but if you have a few hundred of them to sell, suddenly that becomes a considerable amount of cash. I don't like that. They were put out so all guests could have one or two. Not for a guest to cash in. As you all know, they were limited. When someone takes that many, if means that many other guests will never get one (unless they buy one on eBay). Glad that he was caught and the maps were recovered.

THE STUPIDITY BURNS!!! OK, so the premier ride was having problems, and it's opening had to be delayed. A case could be easily made that this unfortunate circumstance was out of Disney's control. But Merchandising? That is Disney's freaking bag!! You have a captive audience willing to spend $$$$$$ and items are never in stock? GE had been known for several years, and that wasn't enough time to be sure there was a couple month supply ready for the opening?

And this is during the much quieter reservation period, when GE has sometimes been less crowded. That will not be the case in under 2 weeks. It does not seem like they're worried.

THE STUPIDITY BURNS!!! OK, so the premier ride was having problems, and it's opening had to be delayed. A case could be easily made that this unfortunate circumstance was out of Disney's control. But Merchandising? That is Disney's freaking bag!! You have a captive audience willing to spend $$$$$$ and items are never in stock? GE had been known for several years, and that wasn't enough time to be sure there was a couple month supply ready for the opening?

And this is during the much quieter reservation period, when GE has sometimes been less crowded. That will not be the case in under 2 weeks. It does not seem like they're worried.
I imagine it’s a case of not knowing what is going to be popular and sell out until it does. I imagine they make good guesses but they don’t want a warehouse full of metal gift cards if they don’t sell that many. I am curious which droid colors are sold out.

That said, I really want one of those metal gift cards! Hope they are back in stock by June 23!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!