D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people complain about merchandise inventory when it first comes out, but it seems like Disney generally figures out what's flying off the shelves and those items are readily available later on, no? I know it's frustrating if you're there and want it right then, but that's life.

Also I think they like the scarcity to some degree. If things are seen as hard to find or running out people are more likely to scoop up everything they see they like for fear of missing out.

I imagine it’s a case of not knowing what is going to be popular and sell out until it does. I imagine they make good guesses but they don’t want a warehouse full of metal gift cards if they don’t sell that many. I am curious which droid colors are sold out.

That said, I really want one of those metal gift cards! Hope they are back in stock by June 23!
I’ve seen several of the metal gift cards being sold on eBay with no currency included… So it seems like they may have just been taken from the store and not loaded.

I went Saturday morning 0800-1200 and they allowed me to buy two (I wanted three) of the metal gift cards. I am saving them as gifts to my kids but of course I'll have them transfer the balances to a plastic one first and save the metal part as a souvenir.

On Monday near the front of the 5 pm entry line, just as they were about to release everyone, a woman fainted. They delayed until she was helped and they had two cast members in front of her so she wouldn't be trampled. She was sitting up by then. It was really hot. Galaxy's Edge was awesome! Cantina, Millennium Falcon ride, dinner at the Docking bay, and my son had a cool interaction with Vi Moradi. Blue milk is good, green was not.

This woman is actually part of a Facebook group I'm in and applauded all the cast members and others that offered help. They even rescheduled the time slot so their party could enjoy GE later.

Hello all,

I’ll be in LA for work so I was hoping to visit DL the Monday after D23. Any idea how crowds are effected following D23? Not sure if D23 has a major impact on the parks the days after it ends.

Tia

The metal gift cards are sold out all the time generally. If you are lucky enough to be in the store when they get a box of them, they will sell them all immediately. I was there last Saturday morning just milling around looking at souvenirs. One of the cast members announced they had a box of gift cards (50 in a box) and told people if they wanted one to make a separate line. About half the people in the store got in it and they were gone. Just luck of the draw to be there when they "find" a box. I'm not sure if they "find" a box once every time slot or they truly did get one in a shipment that morning. If they have them when you're there, you should get one. They're pretty cool!

Oooh can't wait to look! I was bummed after getting the last sorcerer update with minimal info. THIS is the content I want :bounce:

You mean the information about the cel wasn't enough for you? :rotfl:
(I kid, I kid - the email made me laugh out loud and then we started to contemplate buying it, Disney knows us SO well!)

I went Saturday morning 0800-1200 and they allowed me to buy two (I wanted three) of the metal gift cards. I am saving them as gifts to my kids but of course I'll have them transfer the balances to a plastic one first and save the metal part as a souvenir.

DH sent DD the money to buy him a metal GC, and wants her to use the GC to pick him up the other Holocron and other crystals he didn't buy. Told her to get a shoulder porg with the leftover. She is thrilled. She runs a Porg sanctuary, you know. :lmao:

So this will be my first expo, and my first trip to Disneyland. Originally I was only planning on going to the expo on Friday and Saturday (assuming parks and resorts was going to be held then) and keep Sunday as a theme park day. Now of course the parks panel is on Sunday. Does anyone have any suggestions on if I should keep it as a park day or get a Sunday ticket? Would I be able to switch my Saturday ticket to sunday? Any suggestions are appreciated!
Is it possible to add a day to your trip and do your park day on Thursday? Or to do a multiple park days in shorter periods? We know people who manage to fit in a surprising amount of park time during their Expo days -- both during and after Expo hours.

Universal Orlando wait time for
10 hours!!! For Hagrid Coaster on opening day. Disneyland did a much better job of controlling crowds.
Wonder how it will be once reservations are gone??
And will it be this crazy at WDW when Star Wars Land opens
https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando...13/universals-news-ride-hagrid-coaster-debuts

Which is why I think Disney is smart, about the way they opened SWGE in CA. I really wish they would do that here in FL, maybe make 2/3 of the reservations for hotel guests, and 1/3 for non-hotel, 30 days out. Makes some people mad online, but better than people losing their heads at the parks because of the waits.

I do think they need to do at least two lightsaber building rooms, and at least two cantinas (different themes) at WDW. Those are the biggest tie-ups in DL

DH sent DD the money to buy him a metal GC, and wants her to use the GC to pick him up the other Holocron and other crystals he didn't buy. Told her to get a shoulder porg with the leftover. She is thrilled. She runs a Porg sanctuary, you know. :lmao:

where does this particular Gatherer reside in Batuu? I would love to chat about her porg sanctuary as porgs are native to my planet Hibernia

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!